IT professional with over 18 years of engineering and leadership experience. Expertise in leading technical teams to solutions for complex business objectives. Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage projects and teams efficiently to meet deadlines. Focused on providing cost effective solutions that maximize performance and stability.
- Active Directory
- Hyper - V - 2008, 2012
- Windows Server, 2012, 2016, 2019
- Firewalls - Cisco, Palo
- Load Balancing - F5
- Performance Tuning
- Group Policy
- Automation - PowerShell PowerCLI, Puppet
- DR - SRM, Rubrik
- Project Management
- Storage - EMC, NetApp
- Network - Cisco Brocade
- Hyperconverged - VxRail
- Servers - Cisco, Dell, HP
- Backups - Commvault Rubrik, Backup Exec
Sr. Manager, Infrastructure Services - Lead Architect
Confidential, La Vergne, TN
- Led a group of teams to increase automation, cloud, and virtualization strategies.
- Successfully led cross-team projects to drive business objectives to successful completion.
- Worked with development and infrastructure teams to identify business needs and architect cost-effective solutions.
- Managed and coordinated with application and infrastructure teams on complex Hyper-V to VMware Migrations to minimize downtime and improve performance.
- Took over VMware environments and led the re-architecture to improve stability, performance, and reduce time to deliver servers.
- Led an initiative to increase performance for our large data warehouse and ODS workloads that reduced job runtimes from 13 hours to 2 hours on average.
- Advised and managed the buildout of a new Azure tenant including security, policies, servers, backups, and VPN connectivity.
- Led an initiative to identify needs across multiple infrastructure teams in regard to the management and patching of their systems. Replaced WSUS, Casper, and Desktop Central for the infrastructure and end user services teams with Kaseya as a single solution.
- Advised and managed SQL 2008 shared disk cluster migrations to SQL 2016 Always On, VMware, and XtremIO storage which exponentially increased performance.
- Implemented Rubrik backup appliances to simplify backups and consolidate overlapping products as well as aid in DR compliance testing and automation.
- Challenged employees to find new opportunities to use scripting to automate routine processes. One example of this was working with the team to script reporting for outages via pulling info from VMware and asset management platforms to speed up time to identify impact, business owners to notify, and ultimately led to faster times to resolution.
- Brought in to help teams on complex troubleshooting to identify performance issues.
- Managed and advised on the implementation of Solarwinds monitoring for more in-depth monitoring than the prior platform.
- Negotiated contracts and pricing to reduce the IT spend by over a million dollars per year while increasing stability and performance.
- Turned perception of Windows team completely around in just a few short years to the most respected infrastructure team.
- Due to the success of the Windows team, upper management moved storage, data center operations, and VMware under my leadership.
- After taking on DC Operations, we added automated alerting, identified power and HVAC issues, upgraded the camera system, and negotiated terms for an electrical assessment.
Manager of Systems Engineering/Administration - Lead Architect
Confidential, La Vergne, TN
- Architected solutions based on business needs.
- Focused on designing and implementing HA solutions where possible to increase uptime and reduce risk to the business.
- Led a team of 5 Windows admins as well as multiple site engineers.
- In 2016, we acquired a company that saw all of its admins leave within a week of the acquisition. Sent to their headquarters to learn everything about the company in a week’s time. In that time, created a list of all the business units, gained access to all the systems, documented important processes, identified and mapped out all site connectivity in the US as well as the UK.
- Collaborated with the security team to identify risks and led an effort to eliminate SMBv1, LLMNR, NetBIOS, WINS, and NTLMv1/v2.
- Architected and worked with security to implement Cisco Umbrella protected DNS.
- Designed and implemented a PII DMZ for Finance and HR data. We also converted all communications to secure SFTP for both internal and external transmissions of data.
- Orchestrated the rollout of Bitdefender to all servers to replace Symantec.
- Successfully decommissioned remote sites and migrated servers to a central location via p2v, DoubleTake, disk2vhd, and other tools.
- Led a team of admins to implement newer hardware at multiple sites as well as migrate from Hyper-V R2 to increase the stability of a recent acquisition.
- Worked with the team to build backup scripts for DHCP, RADIUS, and printer configs.
Sr. Windows Engineer/Admin - Team Lead
Confidential, La Vergne, TN
- Managed 700 Windows servers in locations all over the US as well as UK, AU, FR, and IN.
- Administered AD, group policy, external/internal DNS, and sites and services for multiple companies/divisions under the ICG umbrella including over 3000 end users.
- Built and maintained Hyper-V, VMware, and Xen virtualization environments.
- Implemented windows firewalls to limit east/west traffic even within the same subnet.
- Reduced VMware and Hyper-V Windows server deployments from many hours to 20 minutes using templates, scripts, and puppet automation.
- Stabilized the 2012 R2 Hyper-V environment by re-architecting from the ground up including changes to nic settings, nic teaming, vswitch, and SAN configurations.
- PowerShell scripting to enhance reporting, automate routine tasks, and alerting. i.e. enhance in-house asset inventory, Hyper-V report automation, reporting on long-running snapshots in VMware and checkpoints in Hyper-V.
- Implemented Lansweeper to complement Casper, Desktop Central, and our in-house asset inventory. Setup network scanning to identify systems missed by our normal processes such as patching, decommissions, or asset inventory tasks.
- Assisted the network team on F5 configurations for IIS and apache web farms.
- Converted from standard DHCP to the new 2012 DHCP highly available failover model.
Data Center Operations Team Lead
Confidential, Brentwood, TN
- Designed and implemented a new virtualization environment from the ground up for our production and DR sites.
- Setup and maintained web farms including IIS, Apache, and F5 load balancers.
- Project management for our Data Center move including network, HVAC, and power build outs.
- Worked with a team of engineers on a full forklift Data Center move.
- Designed and implemented a DR solution utilizing VMware SRM and site to site san replication.
- VMware administration duties: configuration, snapshots, HA/DRS, patching, upgrades, 1000v, and SRM.
- Implemented Microsoft Federation, DirSync, and connectivity to Azure and Office 365.
- Identify hardware/software requirements for corporate projects and perform the build out of systems, network, and security.
- Implementation of systems, network, and facility monitoring solutions.
- Perform root cause analysis, problem isolation, and resolution.
- Automated Windows patching via WSUS and System Center.
- Upgraded and maintained network and security devices.