- 20 Years of consulting experience in Business Intelligence technologies.
- Excellent track record of successfully executing Upgrades and Execution of multiple Projects in BI space.
- Excellent Communication & Problem - Solving skills with excellent domain experience in Animal Pharma.
- Well versed in SDLC, Agile, Application Support and Maintenance methodologies.
- Expert level proficiency in Cognos 8.x,10.x,11.x
SUMMARY OF SKILLS:
- Cognos - Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Power play Studio, Event Studio, Map Manager, Framework Manager, and Server Administration, Lifecycle Manager, Business Insight Advanced, Transformer, Cube Automation, Report Fellow, Meta manager
- Tableau 10.5
- Qlikview 12
- Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, IDMS, Exasol
Confidential, Duluth, GA
Cognos Senior Developer / Administrator
- Migrated Asia Cognos platform from Singapore Sanofi servers to BI.
- Migrated Australia - New Zealand Reports, including new folder structure and new security into BI.
- Involved in migrating all Cognos servers/ content from Transition Network to BI.
- Worked on Integration tasks, including maintaining Cognos Inventory.
- Solved BISM tickets / Service now Tickets.
- Created Year End Packages and reports to ensure no issues during year end.
- Developed Sales Agent Dashboard, Large Animal KPI report, Pets Performance Bonus report, Summer Pets Promotion report.
- Supported RND TM1 Budgeting and forecasting application.
- Integrating TM1 with Cognos BI
- Creation of Dimensions, Cube and Reports
- Writing business rules for complex calculations
- Developing various security levels ( folder level, Report level, Data level )
- Integrating External data sources (Oracle, SQL-Server, CSV files) to fetch the data
- Lead move to Cognos 11 - with tools like Metamanager, Reportfellow and Cube Automation.
- Supported BIVI Cognos Platform.
Confidential, Duluth, GA
Cognos BI Senior Developer and Administrator
- Worked on various projects for development of reports like RND, Varicent, Daily Sales Flyer, large Animal Scorecard, District manager Dashboard etc.,
- Developed complex cubes like Confidential and modified Potential cubes, RND Cubes.
- Helped in automating the setup of new cubes in Sanofi Servers.
- Involved in testing of migrated content from Confidential to new NGDC servers.
- Expert in Administration of Cognos Servers, including content migration, user security, schedule set up and monitoring.
- Involved in framework manager Design of the model for Cognos reports and Dimensional Design for cubes.
- Excellent expertise in creating High Level / Low level Design and architecture documents.
- Well versed in Global Delivery Model, Coordination and Work allocation to Team members.
- Involved in code reviews, Cognos Upgrades and test of the same.
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction and helped in achieving the same.
- Involve in other organisational initiatives like recruitment on new team members .
- Designed dimensions, hierarchies, attributes, and cubes and associated cube rules.
Confidential, Peoria, IL
- Planning the project time lines and implementation of the plan.
- Risk Management and Control of the cost of the project.
- Design of framework manager for Cognos reports.
- Involved in creation of HLD, LLD and architecture documents.
- Involved in Onsite - Offshore communication, Coordination and Work allocation to Team members.
- Involved in code review of the Cognos Reports, SDK security code and make sure Quality and performance of the System are met.
Confidential, Detroit, MichiganBI Administrator
- Involved in installation of SDK for Cognos for product development environment in GM.
- Involved in Cognos upgrade project from Report net MR3 to Cognos 8.2.
- SMAD Reports Development project consisted of development of two new reports in Cognos report studio.
- Planning the installation and following the GM specific SDP R10 process.
- Preparation of technical documents for PDAT (Product Development Architecture Team).
- Installation and Testing of Cognos SDK and BI in the UNIX environment.
- Configuring the LDAP Security for BI installation.
- Testing the Cognos 8 reports for performance using Load Runner.
- Documentation of the installation in the GBD (Gold Build Document) Format.
- Administer Cognos test environment servers.
- Coordinate with multiple vendors for information and process.
- Help debug the issues in Cognos 8 upgrade.
- Fix warranty issues for the Fast track reports, Audit Usage reports.
- Develop 2 new reports for the SMAD.
Cost Reporting System / Project Lead
- Planning and estimating for the project, keeping the plan up to date
- Tracking and monitoring the project as per the plan
- Preparation of technical documents.
- Installation of Cognos 8 BI Test Environment at Offshore.
- Guide team to design, code and test reports in Cognos 8.
- Reporting project status to Delivery Manager and customer
- Getting the inspections/reviews done as per the plan
- Conducting project review meetings
- Customer communication
- Metrics collection, analysis and usage
- Maintaining quality records
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Technical issue handling, Approval of technical documents.
- Scope change management
- Effective customer feedback / requirement communication to team
- Ensuring timely finalization of reasonable acceptance criteria and timely sign-offs on project artifacts.
- I was part of Eden Phase II is extension of the Eden project.
- Trade and Promotion information is captured in the TIPS system.
- This data is extracted and loaded in the data warehouse using the Data stage as an extraction tool. Cognos powerplay is used to create the cubes.
- From the Source system, Sales, promotion, calls related information is captured and put into the data warehouse. Cognos is used for reporting purposes. These reports are used for giving incentives to the Sales force
- Intent of project is to replace the current SCDW with a new Supply Chain Data warehouse (SCDW) with new set of tools.
- Involved in migration and enhancement of reports from Micro strategy to Cognos.
- Involved in Requirements gathering and documentation, preparation of technical documents.
- Preparation and review of Design Documents.
- Involved in preparation of Test Cases and Data Validation.
- Design, code and test reports in Cognos Impromptu and Powerplay.
- Design Transformer Cubes and resolve Cognos server issues.
- Reporting project status to Onsite Project Manager.
- Follow Quality procedures and get inspections/reviews done.
- Involved in Onsite - Offshore communication and resolving technical issues.
- Ensuring timely completion of project deliveries
- Independently supported ARTS, Single bill, DBG Scorecard Applications.
- Provided data extracts for the development of PMP reporting.
- Maintained Cognos Impromptu reports and Powerplay cubes.
- Worked on Powerplay enterprise server, Impromptu Web Reports and Server administration, Cognos Access Manager, Cognos Script Editor, and Scheduler.
- Handled User support issues.
Confidential, Pittsfield, MABI Administrator
- Designed, Coded and tested the data extract from IDMS database.
- Confidential has taken a major Extranet Initiative for Providing access to its internal data to its supplier’s. As part of the Global Supplier net, Invoice and the Purchase Order Information was supplied to the Vendor’s on the Internet.
- Extracted data from IDMS Database and supplied it to another team, which hosted the data on the Internet. Implemented this project for 3 months in Pittsfield, MA, USA as well as in Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands.