- I am an accomplished technology leader with over 20 years of progressive technology experience in global enterprises focusing on infrastructure, cyber security, business continuity, architecture, engineering, automation and service delivery.
- Recognized for business and technical accruement, adept at managing projects, re - engineering business processes, building consensus, mitigating business risk, and managing the four P’s; people, process, products (tools and technology) and partners (suppliers, vendors, and outsourcing organizations) in highly regulated banking and financial services industries.
- Global Team Management
- Program and Project Management (Waterfall & Agile)
- Policy Design and Management
- Cyber Security Planning and Incident Management
- Systems Automation (DevOps / DevSecOps)
- Privacy & Regulatory Compliance
- Cloud, Hybrid, and Datacenter Technologies
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Continue Improvement / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Digital Transformation
- Strategic Planning
- Technical Leadership
- Business Contingency Planning
- Process Engineering
- Systems Architecture
- Risk Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Management Reporting
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Director (SVP), Enterprise Info. Security
- Product Owner/Manager providing strategic and technical leadership for customer-facing identity and access management (CIAM) platforms across digital channels (web and mobile) for multiple lines of business.
- Lead teams of business analysts and developers in a matrix reporting structure.
- This includes ownership of multiple applications for authentication/authorization including single sign-on (SSO), multifactor authentication (2FA/MFA), and integration for adaptive risk and anti-fraud technologies.
- Manage a program portfolio of $15M USD including vendor management, product purchases, professional services, and development projects.
- Projects included delivery of competitive security features such as multifactor authentication capabilities (one time passcode OTP, mobile in-app push authentication, and soft tokens TOTP ), risk-based challenge orchestration, closure of critical vulnerabilities, new controls to prevent credential harvesting / credential stuffing, support for open standards (OAuth2/OIDC), and new API services.
- Provide tactical leadership during incident response for products within team portfolio, coordinating with executive committee, production support, cyber-security operations center (CSOC), and enterprise fraud management teams.
Confidential, New York, NY
Head of IT Infrastructure Systems, Senior Vice President
- Reporting directly to the CIO, led global team of 75 architects, engineers, technicians, project managers, and outsourced resources responsible for all aspects of IT infrastructure including server, database, virtualization, networking, storage, telephony, video conferencing, identity and access management, desktop/end user support, helpdesk, production support (ETL), network operations (NOC), and security operations (SOC). Collaborated closely with business and other IT management to define technology roadmaps and to provide cost effective and timely evolution of infrastructure services to meet changing business demands.
- Implemented ITIL based IT Service Management framework for capacity planning, incident response, and business contingency planning, processes, and procedures, including a hybrid configuration management and change management framework to support an Agile Infrastructure for continuous incremental improvement through risk mitigated change policies.
- Instituted of information security management system (ISMS) which led to attaining ISO 27001:2013 certification covering 9 of its sites, covering all datacenters and primary trading locations.
- Led internal and external auditors to complete multiple assessments including for SSAE-16/SSAE-18 (SOC2) for regulatory compliance SOX, MIFID, GDPR, and ISO27001, including documentation and review of findings, documenting remediation plans, and ensuring closure of issues.
- Developed low cost, high impact business capability for quantitative research with front office data scientists utilizing disaster recovery environment for grid computing for machine learning and model optimization/backtesting.
- Implemented rule-based identity and access management framework including user provisioning, role-based and attribute-based access control (RBAC/ABAC), and single sign-on, including integration across cloud-based services including Microsoft Azure/Office 365/Exchange Online, Workday (HCM and Finance), and Salesforce.
- Led disaster recovery efforts for primary datacenter after Hurricane Sandy event caused multiple redundant power systems failures at datacenter hosting provider. Reduced full recovery time from 36 hours to < 4 hours through development of a new organization-wide disaster recovery program.
- Led numerous optimization efforts to reduce overall infrastructure expenditures by over 30% annually between 2013 and 2017.
- Led Datacenter infrastructure optimization and refresh, including transition to new datacenter hosting provider, compute virtualization from 40% to 100%, and a reduced total datacenter annual run rate by 47%.
- Led Service provider transitions for HelpDesk & Production Support (NOC/ETL) and Managed Security Services (MSS/SOC) with reductions of 50% and 30%.
- Led MPLS/WAN circuit optimizations of 50% savings.
- Led migration of end user computing, identity management, network, storage, and server infrastructure as part of divestiture from AIG Investments.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Consultant, PC Engineering Technical Lead/Senior Platform Architect
- Founder of new PC Engineering team responsible for optimization of global end user computing environment, including PC deployment, patching, software distribution and lifecycle management to increase systems stability, improve security, reduce delivery times, and increase overall user satisfaction.
- Responsible for candidate selection and interviewing for new members of the PC Engineering, Service Desk, Desktop Support, Infrastructure Support/Engineering, and Application Support teams.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Vice President, Senior Infrastructure Systems Design Engineer
- Led 27 member PC Engineering team in matrixed enterprise-wide reporting structure across all StateStreet supporting deployment and maintenance for 30,000+ users and over 70 device types.
- Architect and lead developer for new systems deployment and maintenance methodologies and toolsets to maintain the end user computing environment using a modular and agile framework akin to DevOps.
- Led enterprise-wide architecture of virtualized desktop infrastructure (VDI), blade workstation, and workspace virtualization platforms (Citrix) to meet new flexible/remote worker business strategy.
- Led talent selection, cross training, individual development, and knowledge management efforts for End User Computing.
- Provided thought leadership, strategy, project planning, and roadmap across end user computing, collaborating cross-functional development, support, and technology teams.