- 5+ years of industry expertise in IT services specialized in Oracle PL/SQL, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing technologies, translating business requirements to suitable application configurations and delivering customized technical solutions; Further, recognized in cross - platform Data Integration (ETL) for Healthcare and Education domain.
- Acquired with rich technical knowledge and hands-on experience in software development to identify data patterns and transform information to complex BI Reports supporting leadership decision-making capability.
- A highly enthusiastic learner with interpersonal communication skills; ability to assess client needs and convey necessary product and technical information.
- Determined towards good track record in project completion and proactively responding towards program faults and defects well within SLA timelines.
Data Warehouse and ETL integration tools: Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Talend, Microsoft SSIS, Informatica PowerCenter
BI Reporting and Analytical tools: Tableau, Power BI
Cloud Computing Architecture: Amazon Web Services (AWS) - EC2, RDS, S3
Programming Languages: Python, Oracle PL/SQL
Database Systems: Oracle RDBMS, MSSQL
Open Interests: Big Data (Hadoop, Map Reduce)
Confidential, San JoseSoftware Engineer
- As a part of masters coursework, I participated in Confidential that involved configuring Apache Hadoop on Amazon AWS EC2 and sorting of 10 GB data using Map Reduce framework.
- Data generation was achieved with python scripting (using signal and shuffle features) and the generation time was reduced using multi-threading.
- The data file was validated and uploaded to HDFS and sorted using mapper and reducer functions.
- The sorted file was further validated using python.
Senior Software Engineer
- Participated in extensive Data Analysis to understand College’s application data flow, and generate Data Models, ER diagrams and technical design specifications required to configure EDW system on top of Oracle Database.
- Developed integration layer using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) ETL tool, Oracle PL/SQL and Python scripting to establish cross-platform communication channel that allowed seamless data flow from on-premise source systems into raw staging layer of Data Warehouse on cloud.
- Recognized to design optimized transformation steps to achieve ETL operation within short response time, to minimize redundancy to enable processing of large data sets, and to automate operational procedures ensuring uptime of high-availability applications.
- Transformed business requirements to technical design specification and developed reports using Business Objects to meet the reporting requirements; also proactively identified, managed and corrected data quality issues with reports provided to end user.
- Involved in configuring Tableau Server (reporting tool) with Oracle Database on Amazon Web-Service (AWS) platform, enabling single sign-on (SSO) capability for business users and managing administration of AWS services to ensure availability.
- Analyzed and compared performance of BI reporting tools such as Tableau, Power BI, IBM Watson using TPC-H benchmarking and made recommendations to management.
- Involved in end-to-end SDLC implementation cycle of coding, integration testing by preparing test plans and migration to production environment.
- Performed Gap Analysis between existing Legacy eNAV Classic system and MedHOK COTS product and documented complex business rules vital for data transformation.
- Automated the process of reports reverse engineering using Microsoft SSIS and Excel macros to generate source-to-target mapping.
- Created wireframes for the new system using Axure RP, which was redesign of eNAV.
- Developed data conversion scripts using T-SQL and stored procedures to transform eNAV data into new MedHOK database.
- Participated in writing custom data validation scripts for metadata summarization for Data Warehouse tables to identify winning and losing patients.
- Participated in developing stored procedures, interfaces and reports as per requirements and analyzed existing procedures for optimization.
- Responsible for unit testing, validation and verifying accuracy of data and created test scenarios that ensured all error handling.
- Created detailed functional and technical design documents for the custom applications.
- Developed, executed and documented test plans for Unit and System Integration Testing.
- Implemented seamless code migration between Dev/UAT/Prod environments.
- Interacted with the on-site team, responding to questions, clarifications and requests from the clients.