- Exceptional career in building and deploying service management infrastructure and processes
- Strategically focused thought - leader offering a wealth of infrastructure planning, deployment, and improvement experience.
- Expertise creating best practice-based policy and procedural frameworks that ensure process consistency, improve managerial control, and reduce cycle times for issue resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement improvements that create stable, robust, efficient, and scalable environments.
- Exceptional change manager skilled at building support across organizational boundaries in a diverse environment.
- Experienced, cross-functional team-builder.
- Highly effective leader and mentor to IT staff and managers.
TECHNICAL & LEADERSHIP STRENGTHS:
- Strategy & Planning
- Organizational Change
- Performance Metrics
- Process Development
- Cost Management
- Business Continuity
- Customer & Partner Relations
- Team Building & Leadership
- Quality Management
- Vendor Contract Management
Platforms: Microsoft Windows Client & Server (9X, NT, 200X, XP, Vista, Win7, Mobile/CE, Exchange, SMS, Active Directory, SharePoint, Windows & Office Live), IBM (Z/OS, AS/400, RS/6000), HP/UX, RIM BlackBerry (BES & BIS), Dell, Sun, EMC, Cisco, VOIP, Axis TV
Tools: BMC Remedy Action Request System, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) & Filenet P8, HP OpenView Service Desk (OVSD) and Service Manager, Symantec Anti-Virus and Backup Exec, Crystal Reports, Mindjet MindManager & JCVGantt, Harvard Computing TaskMap, HP ProVision, Goalscape, CDI Context Organizer, Kidasa Project Milestones, TD Thinking Works, Microsoft (Office 2007 Suite, Project, Visio, OneNote, Outlook, Access, & Communicator), LDRPS, Adobe Acrobat Pro & Photoshop, ESRI ArcGIS, Troux EA.
Infrastructure Service Delivery Manager
- Steered Confidential strategic planning, integration, improvement, and governance in partnership with major outsourced service providers, operational leadership, and senior executives.
- Developed organizational policies supporting core practice areas in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Served as thought-leader for improving existing processes, innovating new procedures, and aligning technology base with corporate goals.
- Trained, mentored, and developed staff and managers.
- Developed and implemented systems & processes for ITIL-based Change Management, Service Request Management, and Configuration Management.
- Led project to develop an IT Crisis Management Plan and new Crisis Management roles & processes.
- Collaborated with business leaders to develop pandemic flu policies and business contingency plans.
- Led effort to design & deploy closed-circuit TV & Digital Signage systems across the corporate campus.
- Led effort to develop resource consumption and dashboard reports to improve cost transparency and cost allocations for all business sectors.
- Led effort to develop integrated methods for reconciliation and consolidation of project reporting across multiple outsourced vendors.
Technology Solutions Manager
- Led a cross-functional team in providing Customer Service for infrastructure support of SAP ERP, Peoplesoft HRMS, and other enterprise-level systems, including Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Document Management, and corporate e-commerce & web applications.
- Customer Relationship & Infrastructure Manager for Corporate Finance, Human Resources, Transportation, and other corporate staff groups.
- Led effort to develop and deploy a new Enterprise Architecture system for IT.
- Led effort to introduce Microsoft Virtual Server into the application environments.
Technology Solutions Manager
- Led a cross-functional team in providing Customer Service for infrastructure support of GIS, Forestry Modeling, Mineral Resource Management, and International systems.
- Customer Relationship & Infrastructure Manager for the Confidential, Mineral Resources, and International business sectors.
- Customer Service & Infrastructure Manager for all International locations, including sites in Australia, New Zealand, Uruguay, Japan, South Korea, China, Ireland, France, Belgium, Mexico, and the UK.
- Drove initiatives to refine and improve the management of servers and mobile devices enabling unprecedented levels of control, cost transparency, and accountability.
- Confidential Server Manager for 3,000+ servers and Mobile Device Manager for field/industrial handheld, vehicle, and bar code systems.
- Member of the management core team which developed and implemented major outsourcing contract.
- Led effort to establish IT Standards, preferred vendors, and Configuration Management processes for Supply Chain & Warehouse Management systems, including wireless LANs and mobile devices.
Problem & Change Manager
- Drove initiatives to refine and improve critical IT processes and procedures.
- Led cross-functional staff through needs assessment, issues identification, execution, and integration.
- Facilitated communications with cross-functional staff from concept through implementation.
- Developed and implemented new integrated processes for Incident Management, Change Management, and Problem Management for a new consolidated IT organization.
- Led the creation and implementation of new processes for Application Software Release & Configuration Management.
- Led the technical and administrative support team in the deployment and maintenance of IT Service Management Systems (BMC Remedy).
IT Infrastructure Manager
- Managed IT support and architecture teams for Confidential, Mineral Resources, and International business lines serving 5000+ customers across the globe.
- Served as a primary relationship manager to key decision makers.
- Developed and administered operating and capital budgets up to $15 million annually.
- Led the design and deployment of infrastructure for new GIS systems and Forestry Modeling systems, transitioning from VAX & UNIX to Confidential platforms.
- Led Year-2000 compliance efforts and Common Operating Environment project for the Confidential business sector.
- Led effort to establish IT Standards for field/rugged PC Tablets and PDA’s, including vehicle-mounted, aviation, and heavy-equipment systems.
- Led effort to consolidate IT support for all international sites, deploy standard networks and systems, and negotiate hardware, software, and outsourcing contracts.
Field Service Manager
- Led a 30-member team providing support for 2000+ customers across 5 facilities within a large business campus, including 2 data centers. Developed and administered operating and capital budgets up to $5 million annually.
- Led effort to develop a remote site support model and team to provide Tier2 & Tier3 Confidential server support to remote locations.
- Developed IT cost and allocation model for chargeback of PC/LAN costs internally.