Business Transformation Consultant traveling to work with customers in the field. Comfortable with small start - ups as well as large established organizations. Ability to build cross team relationships, implement repe Confidential ble IT processes to achieve business objectives.
CORE AREAS OF EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
- IT Strategy & Execution
- Architecture Design
- New Technology Launch
- Technology Integration
- On premise and Cloud
- Team Building & leadership
- Software based Networking (SDN/NFV)
- Security Controls for AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware
- High performance Virtualization
Global Cloud Security Advisor
- Traveling to customer locations in Europe and Asia for assessment, planning, and design for d Confidential center and cloud migration projects. Assist FinServ companies adapt their audit reporting needs to work with cloud technology.
- Work with Security Risk Management teams to define threats. Then dev teams to establish controls to mitigate.
- Customizing security benchmarks and hardening guides for VMware vSphere ESX, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Convert security standards info code based policy and mentor teams on cloud methods.
- This allows us to build a DevSecOps Pipeline for Infrastructure Security using: (1) Inspec on Confidential corp Terraform code for Preventative Security Controls and (2) a combination of Qualys, Splunk, Forseti, Cloud Security Command Center, and Palo Alto Networks Prisma (RedLock) for detective, (3) integrated with Vault for secrets management using Gitlab for CI/CD.
SDN Delivery Architect
- Built an integration environment to test out software defined networking solutions for d Confidential center and campus.
- Design processes to verify each solution in real world environment while working with operations for end user pilot testing.
- Deliver Proof of Concepts and Pilot test projects into Sustaining Operations (Production) with Agile DevOps processes using automation to reduce IT CapEx and OpEx while improving security and the end user customer experience. e.g. PEAP to TLS Migration for 802.1x network device authentication and access control.
- Subject Matter Expert for AWS, VMware, OpenStack, NetConf, OpenDayLight based Lumina SDN Controller, NFV technology implementations: Palo Alto, Cloudpath, NSX, Horizon View, Airwatch, Workspace One, ADC/VTM Load Balancers, TFTP, NTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL, Ruckus Wireless Controllers and Virtual D Confidential plane PCI Direct IO Performance Optimization, Access Points, ICX MLX Switches, Event Logging ELK RSyslog, DISA STIG hardening and audit policy compliance reporting.
- Presented customer success stories at VMworld and CENIC conferences for Military EDU network security use cases.
Principal Architect, Virtualization and Cloud
- Consulting projects to integrate with OPNFV Architecture both Internally to Sales and Services team members as well as to the OpenStack Open Source Community at large.
- Participated in external marketing activities: POCs, Pilot tests, Conferences, Public Speaking, etc.
- Work with Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to promote the business and drive opportunities using SFDC.
- Managed a consulting team to build and operate a hosted multi-hypervisor openstack virtual test lab.
- Solutions included: IPv6, DPDK, SR-IOV, vSwitch Performance, Saltstack, MaaS, Juju, Puppet, Powershell, Python, Mist.IO, Jenkins, Splunk, Confluence, JIRA, Logstash, Arpwatch, multiple hypervisors with OpenStack support: VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM as well as Azure and Amazon. Integrating these technologies with Spirent’s virtual products: TeMeVa, Landslide, Test Center, and Avalanche.
Director of Virtualization and Cloud Testing
- Consulting project to develop and deploy initial architecture and testing methodologies.
- Work with Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing to promote the business and drive opportunities.
- Built a team to test SDN and NFV solutions for enterprise customers. Leveraged software like Python, Libcloud API, Jenkins, Splunk, Confluence, JIRA, and STASH/Git for multiple hypervisors with OpenStack support: VMware vSphere, Citrix Xen, Microsoft Hyper-V, RedHat KVM.
- Established a hybrid internal private and external public cloud testing and security research platform. Network testing tools used include Confidential Test Center, Avalanche, Landslide, Ixia, and Open Source solutions.
- Perform duties as an Analyst at Press Events to lead industry efforts to establish test methodologies for Secure Cloud Infrastructure SDN NFV Solutions. VMworld, RSA, NetEvents, Layer123. Produced Analysts Briefs and Blog Posts.
Cloud Solutions Strategy Advisor
- Work with executive teams to execute a Cloud Strategy that help transform IT from a simple cost center to a true business enabler.
- Executives favorite Buzzwords: Swagger, Tip of the Spear
- Evaluate PPTA (people, process, technology and architecture) against a proven framework to eliminate common roadblocks to cloud adoption. Perform Operational Readiness Assessments
Cloud Security Infrastructure Architect
- Design and implement information security infrastructure solutions for internal 10,000 node production zone cloud.
- Validate product capabilities for virtual firewalls from Juniper, McAfee, TrendMicro, and VMware.
- CI DevOps with Cenzic Hailstorm dynamic Web application security scanner to assist internal SDLC.
- Deploy Business Continuity solutions like Veeam and VMware vSphere Site Recovery Manager.
- Configure Cisco Nexus 1000v, Vyatta Router, and HyTrust Virtual Security Solutions.
- Design Cloud Information Security Infrastructure Architecture - Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Authentication, Authorization, Logging, Policy, Hardening, ITSM, ITIL, ISO
- Support integration of Palo Alto Networks Firewalls with Active Directory for seamless provisioning of access to sensitive applications for authorized users APP-ID USER-ID.
- Design Web Filtering / Caching solutions using Cisco WCCP and Blue Coat ProxySG Appliances.
- Implement and Evaluate Commercial Fraud Machine Fingerprinting: ThreatMetrix and IOvation
- Deployed Nicira Network Virtualization Platform (NVP) SDN providing logical multi-tenant network segmentation across diverse physical and virtual workloads using Open vSwitch GRE and STT (scroll to the bottom - I’m a contributor to the IETF draft ) tunnels. Integrated VMware, Xen, and Ubuntu KVM Hypervisors into existing infrastructure including various routers, firewalls, and load balancers.
- Evaluated Big Switch Networks Open vSwitch Distributed OpenFlow Solution. (see BSN Blog)
- Evaluate and test MDM Mobile Device Management tools to support SSL VPN On Demand solution with Strong Authentication controls.
- Implement Splunk logging for centralized tracking of security activities.
- Deployed HP Fortify Software Security Center for Static Code Analysis leveraging Hadoop CloudScan and Oracle D Confidential bases.
Senior Services Architect
- Develop and refine best practices. Advise customers updating their IT Service strategy to remove barriers for migrations to virtualization and cloud.
- Perform Operational Readiness Assessments to deliver a multi-year prioritized IT roadmap.
- Design solutions that remove barriers to virtualization for the most sensitive workloads (security and performance).
- Create delivery guide documents for repe Confidential ble fixed bid services leveraging products such as vSphere, vShield Zones firewall, Cisco Nexus 1000v switch, HyTrust Security Appliance.
- Build out the new virtual infrastructure and work with other teams to integrate to existing environment. SRM, EMC, NetApp, Hitachi, Cisco UCS, Vyatta, Juniper.
- Virtual Machine performance optimization for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows Servers.
- Wyse Pocket Cloud remote desktop solutions for View and RDP secure VPN connectivity.
- Create detailed documents with setup and maintenance procedures, test criteria, logical and physical design blueprints. Transition these solutions to the operations teams for deployment.