- Over 6 Years of experience in Business Intelligence lifecycle projects from requirement gathering, documentation, data analysis, modeling, development, testing, production, deployment and support.
- Excellent knowledge of entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Scrum, UML, Waterfall and Project Management Methodologies.
- Experienced in TSQL (DDL, DML), documenting, modifying and implementing Business Intelligence solutions.
- Experienced in relational database design, SQL queries, stored procedures, clustered and non - clustered indexes, views, joins and Nested queries.
- Experience in using, temp tables, Views, Table Variables to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency as well as to support the existing application
- Involved in Normalization and De - Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval / query optimization.
- Well versed in Using MDX/DAX Queries to retrieve data from Analysis Services Cubes.
- Experience in designing Star, Snowflakes schemas and database modeling using Erwin tool.
- Extensive experience in designing, developing, and delivering business intelligence solutions using Power BI.
- Experience in the Analysis, design, development, testing and Implementation of ETL & Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL, SQL SERVER, MSBI and Power BI.
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets for Power BI and Ad-hoc Reports.
- Created, Maintained & scheduled various reports in Power BI like Tabular Reports .
- Experienced on creating multiple kind of Report in Power BI and present it using Story Points
- Extract and analyze data using Power Query, PivotTables, MS Excel, Power BI and SSAS
- Migrate existing data into the Power BI.
- Used DAX ( Data Analysis Expressions ) functions for the creation of calculations and measures in the Tabular Models
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Expertise in developing Parameterized, Chart, Graph, Linked, Dashboard, Scorecards, Report on SSAS Cube using MDX, Drill-down, Drill-through and Cascading reports using SSRS.
- Created SSRS packages with different data sources (Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc.) and then loaded the data into destination tables.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent , using various Control flow items ( such as Execute package task, Execute Process Task)
- Experienced in creating highly interactive Data Visualization Reports and Dashboards using features such as Data Blending, Calculations, Filters, Actions, Parameters, Context Filters, Sets, groups etc.
- Proficient in creating Ad-hoc reports, Scheduled reports, defining query for generating drilldown, drill through reports, MATRIX, tabular reports for different business domains depending on the specifications and requests.
- Having knowledge on maintaining and managing Power BI and Tableau driven reports and dashboards.
- Used Visual Team Foundation server for version control, source control and reporting.
- Scheduled reports for Daily, Weekly, Monthly reports on sales and marketing information for various categories and regions based on business needs using Reporting services (SSRS).
- Strong debugging skills and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Good team player with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and strong ability to perform as part of a team
Databases: MS Access, SQL Server 2008 R2,2012,2014,2016, Oracle 9i, 10g, T-SQL
Reporting Tools: Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services, Tableau, Excel.
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Enterprise Manager, Visual Studio, Analysis Manager, Reporting Server, JIRA, Agile Central
Office Tools: MS Word, Power Point, Visio and MS Excel
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 2000, NT, 98, 95, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7
T: SQL, HTML, C#.Net, VB.Net, C++, Java, Java script, CSS, Windows Scripts
Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Visual Studio 2013/2010/2008 , SSAS, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) 2008, MS Data Tools 2012
Confidential, Green bay, Wisconsin
Power BI Developer
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Document (BRD) to design a conceptual model, participate in all phases of SDLC process to implement T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS to develop a solution.
- Writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Views, Cursors and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic.
- Established the relationships among the tables in the database by assigning primary keys, foreign keys and established the referential integrity.
- Created Tables, Views, SQL joins and defined roles and privileges to implement business rules and control access to database.
- Created Database Maintenance Plans for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity.
- Wrote standard & complex T-SQL Queries to perform data validation and graph validation to make sure test results matched back to expected results based on business requirements.
- Wrote complex SQL queries in database Access and created various joins (inner, outer joins) to fetch the desired output for Data Analysis.
- Have worked extensively on MS Access to create various tables and queries and implement business logic in VB.NET.
- Created Forms and reports using Dashboard in MS Access.
- Expertise in loading data warehouse from heterogeneous databases such as Oracle, DB2, Sybase and MS Access using SSIS packages.
- Developed high Level Design of ETL Package in VS 2015/13/12 for integrating data from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) using SSIS.
- Gathered report requirements and determined the best solution to provide the results in either a Reporting Services report or Power BI.
- Created Power BI Visualizations and Dashboards as per the requirements
- Used DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for the creation of calculations and measures in the Tabular Models.
- Created effective reports using visualizations such as Bar chart, Clustered Column Chart, Waterfall Chart, Gauge, Pie Chart, Tree map etc. in Power BI.
- Designed and developed various complex reports such as Drill down, Drill Through, Cross Tabbed using MS Reporting Services.
- Strong experience on connecting various Data Sources in Power BI.
- Created various data modelling in Power BI and linking the tables using various dimensions.
- Created Tabular Models using DAX queries in Power BI deployed it.
- Developed and maintained multiple Power BI dashboards/reports and content packs.
- Responsible for building Power BI Dashboards using Tabular and Multi-Dimensional Models.
- Design and model data sets with Power BI desktop based on measure and dimension requested by customer and dashboard needs.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2016, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS),, Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service, Data Gateway, DAX, T SQL, SQL Profiler, XMLA, MS Excel, Excess, Windows 8.
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
Power BI Developer
- Developed and Published dynamic and complex Financial and Sales Reports in Power BI.
- Used DAX to create complex measure and calculated columns.
- Setting up Environment, creating app workspaces, publishing apps and setting up Power BI Gateway.
- Used bookmarks feature which enables the ease to jump to respective report tabs with one click.
- Imported custom themes and page backgrounds for rich visual effects.
- Performed end to end testing on the reports and packages developed to ensure data quality is met.
- Utilized Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources.
- Created drill down and drill through report to go to details and child report within power bi based on hierarchy.
- Utilized Power Query in Power BI to Pivot & Un-pivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements.
- Develop and deploy SSIS packages, configuration files, and schedules job to run the packages to generate data in CSV files.
- Design, Implement and maintain Database Schema, Entity relationship diagrams, Data modeling, Tables, Stored procedures, Indexes, Views, Rules, Defaults and complex SQL statements.
- Maintained the database schema in source code control (MS Team Suite Database Edition preferred).
- Involved in XML Development and XML File Parsing in SSRS.
- Developed the SQL programs and Involved in optimize stored procedures and queries for faster retrieval and Server efficiency.
- Used Quality center (Defect tracking tool) for Bug fixing and resolution details.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Designing and implementing a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on the requirements.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Used multiple transformations to meet the business requirements by extracting data from heterogeneous source systems, transform and finally load into the Staging Data base.
- Worked in importing and cleansing of data from various sources like DB2, Oracle, flat files.
- Worked in Enterprise Manager for job scheduling and batch queries.
- Used Microsoft Power BI Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify data to certain format as required in Excel.
- Wrote DAX Expressions, Power Query, Functions in power bi.
- Used Power BI Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Implemented fine tuning of database objects and server to ensure efficient data retrieval.
- Planned Backup strategy based on projects requirements.
- Involved in project planning also schedule for database module with project managers.
Environment: MS SQL 2008 R2/2012, SSIS, SSRS XML, T-SQL, DAX, MS Word, MS Excel, MS CRM,VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), Share point, DTS, C#,ASP.NET, Microsoft Visio, Crystal Reports, ER Studio, Performance point Server, Sales force, Team Foundation Server, FTP & SFTP server, Power-BI Tool.
- Generated database monitoring and data validation reports in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
- Created partition table for very large database for good performance.
- Transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS.
- Created logging, custom logging and error handling packages.
- Deployed reports to Production Servers.
- Published Power BI Reports in the required origination's and Made Power BI Dashboards available in Web clients and mobile apps.
- Used One Drive for storing different versions of Power BI report.
- Worked with OBIEE Administration Tool.
- Converting complex sql query solutions in to OBIEE model solutions.
- Have done Security implementation of OBIEE repository level.
- Created different visualization (Stacked bar Chart, Clustered bar Chart, Scatter Chart, Pie Chart, Donut Chart, Line & Clustered Column Chart, Map, Slicer, Time Brush etc.) in Power BI according to the requirements.
- Maintained System Monitoring Jobs and provide high availability support.
- Worked on Migration of packages from DTS.
- Assisted internal and external report needs and designed solutions based on specific requirements using SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
- Created and developed the stored procedures, triggers, views, and user-defined functions to support application development.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval
- Deployed and configured the reports in the Report Server.
- Created User Defined Functions to encapsulate frequently and commonly used business logic making the system more modular, secured and extensible.
- Generated test data and tested database to meet the functionalities deliverables in the project documentation and specifications.
- Designed and developed MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) under SQL Server 2008.
- Worked closely with IT project managers, programmers, and testers.
Environment: SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, SSRS 2008R2, VisualStudio.net, XML, MS Excel, MS Access, Visual Studio 2008R2