- Executive with over 20 years of leadership experience in government contracting, building cross - geographical teams, delivering Health and Information Technology enterprise solutions both nationwide and globally
- Led operations and P&L, responsible for over $150 million annual revenue and over 300 staff
- Achieved annual revenue of greater than 40% above plan
- Almost doubled the profit above annual target, from about 10% to over 20%
- Achieved over 60% capture rate winning Federal contracts; agencies
- Led business across the globe including EMR Implementation, Public Health, and Data Analytics in Africa
- Reduced costs and increased revenue by effective pricing strategies, successful negotiations with vendors and partners, measurement of program performance and enforcing corrective actions as needed, and innovative ways to reduce costs post-s
- Achieved over $1M of cost avoidance by implementing Lean Six Sigma throughout the organization
- Curbed employee turnover to below 5% within one year of a merger when the turnover jumped to above 30%
- Increased company value proposition by cross functional collaboration with other Divisions and strategic industry partners
- Increased customer satisfaction by focusing on process improvements, setting operational procedures and standards with program management best practices and implementation of standards and processes such as CMMI, ITIL, and ISO 20K. Obtained consistent “Exceptional” or “Very Good” ratings in customer evaluations
- Strategic Business Planning & Execution
- Integrated Front, Middle & Back Office Operations
- Risk Management and Performance Metrics
- Government Contracting/FAR Knowledge & IDIQ Management
- Global Expertise in Africa
- Cross-cultural Talent and Development
- Large Program Turnaround
- Complex Change Management
- Standardized Process Improvement
- Client Relationship Management
- Program Transformation and IT Modernization
Group Vice President
- Leads strategic planning, business development, profit and loss, and operations of the Health Policy and Data Analytics Division as well as Technology Solutions horizontal team that provides cross-division technology services across the entire company in a matrixed organization.
- Oversees successful client delivery in the international , federal , and state markets. Reports to C-Level executive and works closely with CEO, COO, and CFO.
- Makes continuous improvements to financial management practices by leading the team to utilize tools and processes for closer control and by defining new and meaningful metrics.
- Manages overhead costs and supports developing overhead rates working with Finance VP.
- Reviewed over 15 contracts in the portfolio in the 1st month and identified numerous existing issue and high impact risk areas. Developed a priority-based plan to resolve issues and to take cost reduction/avoidance measures including reversing a negative profit of 18% on a contract.
- Increased Direct Labor of the Division in the first six months by 5% by changing operational strategies such as recruiting strategies for backfilling vacancies.
- Directs the business operations and technical capabilities of the Division comprised of directors, program managers, technical and functional subject matter experts.
- Turned around several programs including a large USAID contract in Uganda leading to improvements in program management practices, quality of deliverables, data analytics workflow automation, and increased customer satisfaction. Defines and conducts Gate Checks.
- Initiated a rigorous Risk Management practice to include establishing Program Management Review (PMR) requirements and PMR templates for monthly reporting that resulted in identifying and mitigating several areas of technical, financial, and contractual compliance issues. Consequently, established a mitigation plan that included weekly briefs on 4 problem contracts. Within 9 months, 3 HHS (CMS, AHRQ, and NIH) programs completed resolution of the issues.
- Sets goals and guidance for the Technology Solutions practice to implement DevOps processes.
- Sponsored corporate CMMI L3 .
- Ensured all systems were FISMA compliant and directed the team implementing the roadmap to transition to FedRAMP compliance.
- Initiated establishing Community of Practice across the company.
- Leads a multifunctional team comprised of directors and technical staff with expertise in Health and Life Science, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, and IT infrastructure and Software Architecture and Development.
- Coaches senior staff in bringing organic growth to programs, leading to 2 programs to receive close to 15% contract value increase through cost MODs within 6 months of start date.
- Brought a significant boost to employee morale after a long leadership void in the Division. Conducted effective All Hands that received 88% positive feedback in the employee survey.
- Sponsored and led several “people care” initiatives for the Division, as company’s Human Resources practices were maturing, including a Mentorship program for all employees.
- Empowers employees in giving them opportunities to lead efforts in some capacity and perceive themselves as leaders within my organization regardless of titles.
- Established the process of developing “Account Plans”.
- Introduced a Capture Assessment tool that was adapted by all Divisions within the company.
- Led the 2 highest priority capture efforts among the Top-Deals of the company including an IDIQ.
Vice President | General Dynamics IT
- Directed the business unit comprised of directors, program managers, technical and functional subject matter experts, and engineers. Responsible for over 300 staff members.
- Oversaw the successful delivery of nationwide and global Health and IT portfolio of programs to achieve clients’ business and clinical/medical needs such as IT systems and infrastructure modernization efforts, integration with Electronic Health Record (EHR), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Data Interoperability between federal agencies, Claim Processing and Billing - using technologies such as cloud solutions and ensuring compliance with customer data security measures.
- Established measures and metrics for regular reporting and assessment of projects and programs.
- Led stakeholder engagements and client relationships. Established strong customer relationship that were based on understanding clients’ mission and needs and proving quality customer service.
- Increased Confidential ’s value proposition to customers and industry partners by “connecting the dots” to identify and team with internal Confidential functional and technical teams, offering diverse capabilities and developing multi-disciplinary solution packages.
- Led collaborative cross-functional initiatives to innovatively cross-pollinate between different client markets. For example, successfully led collaborative efforts and took cloud capabilities offered to Health and Human Services into the solution of DHA’s Billing and Revenue Collection that resulted in deployment of the first full Software as a Service (SaaS), FedRAMP compliant, cloud-based solution using AWS in the DHA’s medical facilities across the United States and overseas.
- Oversaw subcontractor and vendor management including defining subcontract Statement of Work (SOW), SLAs, KPIs, and Terms and Conditions.
- Achieved outstanding financials exceeding strategic plan goals every year: 40% above planned revenue and 170% above planned margin in 2017 - between 53% to 80% growth in margin for four consecutive years.
- Reduced costs and increased revenue by effective and creative pricing strategies, successful negotiations with vendors and partners, measurement of program performance and enforcing corrective actions as needed, and innovative ways to reduce costs post-s.
- Reviewed monthly and quarterly reports and accordingly generated briefings to senior leadership.
- Revitalized the book of business by leading organic growth and business wins.
- Outlined vision for the business unit aligned with the vision and goals of the company. Developed road maps for achieving the vision.
- Defined strategic plans and provided directions and oversight for the tactical execution of the plans.
- Achieved strategic and long-term relationships with teaming partners leading to opportunities for business growth.
- Led capture and RFP response efforts. Achieved capture rate of 61.6%.
- Achieved over $1.1M of cost avoidance by implementing Lean Six Sigma (LSS) throughout the organization in 2017.
- Increased customer satisfaction by focusing on process improvements, setting operational procedures and standards with program management best practices and implementation of processes such as CMMI, ITIL, and ISO 20K in all programs.
- Improved quality across the entire portfolio by establishing technical and management Advisory and Review Boards for program managers and engineering leads to ensure continuous IT process implementations.
- Led the establishment of Risk Management processes and set expectations for risk identification, monitoring, reporting, and mitigation. Conducted Readiness Reviews throughout the lifecycle of programs.
- Curbed employee turnover to below 5% within one year of a merger when the turnover jumped to above 30%.
- Increased employee morale by recognizing high performing staff members, investing on employee, focusing on staff career development, setting measurable and achievable goals for the organization and working closely with HR, contracts, finance, and other departments to support individual growth while encouraging teamwork.
- Mentored directors and Sr. program managers in client delivery and business acumen.
- Achieved a win rate of 100% in all re-competes and 60% overall by strategizing and developing proposals to RFPs, evaluating subcontractor response to RFPs, negotiating partnerships and contract agreements, excellent pricing strategies.
- Led the complex system implementation, integration, and transition efforts in the shared DoD and VA JALFHCC Medical Facility in North Chicago following Agile development process and rigorous project management disciplines. The system that included a Health Information Portal was the first of its kind enabling interoperability across DoD and VA systems.
- Triaged and turned around programs. For example, during comprehensive review of a program, within the first 2 weeks, identified an unreported shortfall in addition to program management and technical delivery issues. Successfully secured an additional $3 million from client, laid out and executed an improvement plan, and delivered successfully. Increased contract scope and funding by over 30%.
- Mended client relationships leading to organic growth by executing an improvement plan for contracts underperforming due to post-acquisition staff turnaround and leadership void. Consequently, gained costumer trust to new leadership which led to multiple re-compete wins.
- Achieved successful development and delivery of all program deliverables by establishing a governance structure that appropriately coordinated with the client, internal support resources, and partners. Optimized performance across partners and the client both functionally and technically.
- Participated in Health Solutions’ systems engineering capability building, establishing Agile software engineering practices and use of the right CI/CD tools. Mentored direct reports and managers matrixed to the program from other organizations.
Senior Program Manager
- Led the implementation of the largest of the 20 subsystems of Freddie Mac’s Selling/Servicing System. Utilizing J2EE technology and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), the Selling System enabled Freddie Mac to offer new B2B capabilities to customers; and to provide faster pricing, funding, and contract transmission to more than 1,640 financial institutions and over $38.4B in annual contract commitments. The Selling System increased Freddie Mac’s market share by boosting client satisfaction and gaining new customers.
- Utilized RUP and Agile methodology. Led the software development process improvement efforts and adherence to project management standards that resulted in streamlining and greater efficiency of the implementation efforts.
- Performed bottom-up and top-down level of effort estimations. Utilized Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to plan, monitor, and control timely delivery.