- A dynamic and energetic leader in the development of technology driven services business in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated track record in building and growing Life Sciences service businesses leveraging both onshore and offshore delivery models.
- Experienced in budgeting, planning and reliable forecasting of results at the board level.
- Thirty years of management consulting experience. Significant experience delivering results - oriented operations consulting projects and fostering senior relationships.
- Seasoned P&L manager, expanding client accounts and building practice depth through practical strategic alliances.
Senior Vice President
- Responsible for all aspects of the Pharmacovigilance and Regulatory Services Division reporting directly to the CEO.
- Oversight of GCP and GPV regulated processes
- Oversight of a 1,350 person organization
- Successfully grew the Division’s Sales pipeline by 100%
- Drove Revenue growth of 30% through account growth and new client acquisition
- Built an Automation Strategy through internal development and the establishment of numerous strategic alliances.
- Achieved delivery of operational efficiencies resulting in below budget cost and above budget margins.
- Developed and implemented Pharmacovigilance Automation Strategy
- Represented Confidential as a speaker at multiple conferences in the US and Europe
- Established multiple mutually beneficial strategic partnerships to supplement delivery capability
Consulting Delivery Partner
- Developed the Life Sciences Consulting Services got to market strategy to introduce consulting services to the firm’s major accounts.
- Delivered $1.6 Million in new revenue and managed $800 K in legacy revenues
- Sold and managed delivery of early stage assessment and operations transformation projects in Drug Safety, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Development and R&D.
- Led the development of unique offerings and points-of-view in Drug Safety, IDMP Compliance Preparation, and Clinical Operations Effectiveness.
- Accountable for driving the expansion of consulting presence and revenue at new and existing TCS accounts.
- Directed a large scale 12 month Back-Office Transformation project for an International Financial and Corporate Services provider. Accountable for the realization of the program’s committed business benefits of $1.4 Million reduction in cost.
- Developed a go /no-go analysis for an inventory of 15 candidate supply chain performance improvement projects as part of the 2015 project budgeting process
- Business lead for a large-scale Drug Safety (ARISg) implementation project.
- Program manager for a large-scale program for the integration and implementation of clinical development standards of a large acquired entity.
- Program manager for a large-scale enterprise architecture program in the early discovery area of a multi-national pharmaceutical company
- Conducted the process redesign for the drug safety operation of a European Vaccines company. Drove the implementation of operational and business process recommendations.
- Conducted the business process reengineering of the product technical complaints function of a European Pharma Company
- Executed the transformation program of the Order Entry and Billing processes of a large Corporate Services Provider. Installed and redesigned Metrics Based Management System to ensure sustained benefits
- Conceived, founded, grew and operated the Confidential whose mission is the promotion, funding, and delivery of free entrepreneurship and leadership programs to high school and middle school students. Currently serving in an advisory capacity.
- Leveraged existing relationships and business knowledge to identify opportunities at new accounts in the Life Sciences Industry
- Worked with the Confidential account teams to identify R&D consulting opportunities in existing Confidential accounts
- Drove identified opportunities through the sales pipeline from lead identification to deal closure
- Generated a pipeline of $5,000,000.
- Developed an Confidential point of view for a consulting offering in the Drug Safety
- Refined the Confidential R&D product offerings to apply operational excellence techniques to the R&D process
- Worked with Confidential products team to tailor existing software products and assets to support the Drug Safety solution
- Worked with Confidential Research to develop a Signal Detection offering that leveraged skills and assets unique to IBM
- Develop and manage strategic relationships within R&D at strategic Life Sciences accounts
- Maintain a superior level of client satisfaction at identified Life Sciences accounts managing revenues of $10 million and achieving targeted account growth of 20% per year.
- Provided leadership to an account management team across R&D, S&M and Manufacturing.
- Developed a detailed account plan and the account team’s activity against weekly and monthly targets.
- Maintained oversight of solution delivery and provided hands-on delivery support in key program phases.
- Manage a favorable balance of employee satisfaction, career development, and account profitability
- Establish and maintain consulting centers of excellence in the Life Sciences Domain
- Built an organization of 300 associates generating revenues of $35 million
- Develop and manage strategic 3rd party relationships in support of the Life Sciences Practice
- Established an R&D industry leading Lab Automation (LIMS / ELN) CoE with 60 associates through a strategic alliance
- Established a partnership with a leading software provider to facilitate transfer of products from development to manufacturing within the overall R&D process.
- Assess industry and technology trends and craft appropriate solutions across the pharma value chain; go to market with effective launches and be responsible for driving solutions revenue
- Interface with external industry analysts, third party intermediaries and others
- Practice leader and responsible for business development the management of key accounts.
- Accountable for annual revenues of $2.5 Million
- Led the reengineering initiatives for all of the core drug safety processes for a large pharmaceutical company
- Generated improvements in case handling effectiveness of greater than 100% while maintaining regulatory compliance
- Installed a redesigned organization: shifted to therapeutic alignment, supported transition of key roles, and facilitated the staffing of the new organization
- Designed and implemented an upgraded metrics-based management system to support and drive continuous improvement
Change Management Practice Lead
- Formalized the firm’s change management methodology, institutionalizing sustainability and results orientation tools and standards
- Established recruiting and staffing guidelines for growth of the firm’s change management capability
- Led the development and implementation of a metrics-based management system for the technical operations and quality management function of a multi-national pharmaceutical company
- Led the reengineering initiatives to identify and deliver cost reduction, performance improvement and quality improvement in the technical operations of a large pharmaceutical company
- Implemented quality programs to improve quality establish a compliance culture for the regulated products group of a large multinational consumer products company
- Developed and managed the R&D reengineering program office for a large pharmaceutical company. The scope of the reengineering projects included clinical records management and data management functions.
- Led a medical product company’s senior executives in a complete renewal of their customer service function. Ran facilitated sessions and focus groups in the definition of a business process and information framework
- Led a team of technology and business professionals in the selection of a software platform and the creation of an operational model for a proposed shared services organization for a large pharmaceutical company.
- Developed a business plan and a board of directors’ presentation for a large pharmaceutical company. Plan included a P&L model, operational analysis, competitive analysis, organizational analysis, marketing review, a demand generation model, and customer loyalty program.
- Led a large-scale process design and implementation project for the introduction of an employee self-service function for HR transactions for a large pharmaceutical company. The project delivered the detailed processes required to meet the business objectives and achieve the required business results.
Senior Project Manager
- Managed the NY Region’s first outsourcing contract
- Interfaced daily with the most senior clients to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintained the committed services levels from the firm’s data center and network operations center
- Managed the profitability of the year-long engagement
- Developed multiple proposals for outsourcing engagements in the Systems Management Practice
- Led a design / development team which created common code requirements for a large back-office development project
- Managed system test and implementation of an interest rate swap tracking and revaluation package
- Developed and implemented project management standards and tracking tools for major back-office initiative
- Analyzed the operations of a trailer manufacturer and made recommendations for the improvement of product quality and the reduction of production time
- Planned and executed a system test for a customized freight tracking system for the Port Authority of NY/NJ