- 7+ years of strong experience in Business Intelligence in designing and implementing Web based and Standalone software application with major focus on Data Warehousing and Database Applications.
- 5 years of extensive experience as MicroStrategy Developer, Architect & Administrator building projects and creating reports and Dashboards using MicroStrategy 7.i/ 7.5/8.0/8.1/9.0/9.0.1 , Narrowcast Server, MicroStrategy Desktop, MicroStrategy Web, MDX Adapter, Office, MicroStrategy Intelligence Server and MicroStrategy Architect.
- Expertise in Desktop creating and integrating MicroStrategy reports, objects (Attributes, Filters, Metrics, Facts, Prompts, Templates, Consolidation and Custom Groups) and Generic cubes.
- Extensively worked on designing schema and creating Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies and Transformations
- Worked extensively on VLDB Properties for performance tuning.
- Extensively worked on creating Dynamic Dashboards with multi layout and used custom Widgets built on flex for specialized dashboard.
- Designed interactive and visually stunning Dynamic Dashboards using Report Services objects like Waterfall, Graph Matrix, Gauges, Micro charts Widgets and Grid/Graph combinations.
- Strong Data modelling (Logical and Physical) experience with high proficiency in using ERwin for Dimensional Modelling (Star, Snowflake schemas) and Entity - Relationship Modelling.
- Installing and Configuring of MicroStrategy suite including MicroStrategy Desktop, Administrator, Intelligence Server, Web, and Narrowcast Server on NT Servers and Sun Solaris Environments.
- Strong experience in understanding Business Applications, Business Dataflow and Data relations. Exception ability to quickly master new concepts and capable of working in-group as well as independently.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and worked on very large databases in Teradata V2R5/V2R4, Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7.x, and SQL Server 2005/2008
OLAP Tools: MicroStrategy, Business Objects, MS Analysis Services, Informatica
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, Teradata, Netezza MS SQL Server 6.5, Db2 and MS Access
Tools: Toad, Erwin
Operating Systems: Windows NT 4.0 /NT Server/2000/XP Pro/2003 Server, Unix
Languages: Visual Basic 6, C, SQL/PLSQL
Sr. MicroStrategy Developer
- Involved in the documentation of technical specifications of the Sales and Inventory Project.
- Worked with Connectivity Configuration Wizard to configure the Metadata connectivity information, metadata DSN name etc.
- Created different Project Sources for different environments like production, testing and development.
- Extensively worked on Desktop to create Applications Objects, Reports and Dashboards (Documents & Scorecards)
- Created different schema objects like Attributes, facts by using MicroStrategy Architect of the MicroStrategy BI Suite.
- Generated reports using Advanced Metric objects, Filters, Prompts and also created Customized Templates to facilitate the End users to create customized reports by choosing Filters, Metrics and Report Attributes.
- Involved in creating MicroStrategy objects like Metrics (Conditional, Transformational, Dimensional, and Compound), Filters, Prompts (Filter, Object), Templates and Reports
- Generated different kinds of Pass-Through Functions and used for time filters like current month and previous year etc.
- Created Ad-hoc reports by gathering specific requirements from the different users.
- Involved in the troubleshooting and Performance Tuning of the reports using VLDB properties.
- Created Data mart Reports, Partition Mappings and Aggregate tables to improve performance of reports.
- Worked in MicroStrategy Administration creating new users, roles, privileges, shared folders, access controls Lists.
- Worked on Narrowcast Server Application environment creating services using subscription sets, schedules, Information objects.
- Extensively worked on Question objects so that different user will subscribe to the messages reports that are user specific to that particular user.
- Worked on the excel formatting, macros and templates of the documents which are used in different services.
- Interacted with users from different functional teams across the organization in gathering requirements for developing departmental dashboards and Key Performance Index corporate dashboards
- Involved extensively in the overall life cycle of the Data Warehouse integration project.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.0/9.0.1 Administrator, Architect, Desktop, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager, MicroStrategy ODBC test tool, Narrowcast Server, Oracle 9i, Informatica power center 6.2, Toad and Windows XP Professional.
Confidential, Ann Arbor,MI
- Involved in upgrading MicroStrategy projects 7.3 to 8.0.
- Communicated with business for gathering information’s, designing, developing, administrating and maintaining MicroStrategy based reporting applications.
- Involved in performance enhancement and tuning of Microstrategy projects for better performance, accurate SQL and report.
- Created Attributes, Metrics, security filters and other report objects, drilling, defined hierarchies using Microstrategy Desktop.
- Customization of reports for creating various invoices and forms for decision makers by using XML and XSLT Style sheets.
- Creating corporate level Dashboards for senior level managers in Flash and Interactive modes using different kinds of Widgets & Selectors.
- Created user profiles, managed privileges and access of users of various groups using MicroStrategy Administrator.
- Involved in various Narrowcast task like creating Documents, service designs, subscription, administration and scheduling.
- Created Enterprise Manager Reports for checking various analysis including Object Dependency, Cache Management Reporting, User Session and User Group analysis.
Environment: MicroStrategy 7.3/8 (Desktop, Administrator, Architect, Intelligence Server, Narrowcast Server, Web, Office), XML, XSL, XSLT, Oracle 9i, SQL Server2005, MS Office, Windows 2000.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Responsible for gathering and refining business requirements from the Business users.
- Architecting the MicroStrategy Projects which involved in creating the Attributes, Facts and Hierarchies
- Responsible for creating Metrics, Filters, Custom Groups, Prompts using Microstrategy Desktop
- Configured the Narrowcast Server for the Microstrategy Environment
- Used the Narrowcast Administrator for administering users.
- Created the Publications, Information Objects & Services in the Narrowcast application
- Created Users, roles & privileges in the Microstrategy Environment using the Administrator
- Responsible for maintaining I server.
- Troubleshooting inconsistencies in the Metadata using ScanMD
- Used the Object Manager to migrate objects to different environments.
- Worked on cost containment dashboard project for executive users to see penetration, discounts and performance.
- Worked on Internet Dashboard project which points to operating system for real time analysis report on claim process.
- Heavily worked with the end users to finalize the Dashboard layouts and also worked on fine detail formatting for a desired look and feel.
- Involved in Testing and Data validation of Reports
- Involved in End-User training, Support and Maintenance.
- Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy prompts, filter, template, consolidations, and custom group objects in an enterprise data warehouse team environment
- Very good in using the Analytical engine bypass functions like Apply Simple & Apply Comparison whenever necessary.
- Created different Transformations to get the last year actual transactions, week to day, week to period, week to quarter, week to year and effectively used them with the metrics.
- Optimized Query Performance by using VLDB settings
- Involved in Business Intelligence tool Product Evaluation
- Worked on standardizing Microstrategy environment
- Responsible for Job Monitoring and maintaining the cache on the I Server
Environment: Oracle10g, SQL server, Informatica, MicroStrategy 8.0.2(Administrator, Architect, Desktop, Narrowcast Server, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager), Toad 8.6.1
Confidential, Boise, ID
Senior MicroStrategy Developer
- Extensively worked and developed Metrics, filters and prompts to enable decision-makers to choose the condition for reports as well as to view reports in different perspectives.
- Generated status reports after performing thorough research in order to discuss the issues related to Warehouse tables, Zeroes/Nulls, missing columns and naming conventions etc.
- Used analytical and governing settings in VLDB properties to tune the SQL and for calculating the metrics in dealing with the nulls and Zeroes in data.
- Used project merge wizard and user merge wizard to merge projects and merging users & groups in Object Manager.
- Created Transformations (table based, formula based) for using in comparative reports like sales of various pharmaceutical products this year to last year (year to date and month to date).
- Worked with MicroStrategy Architect to build Attributes, Facts and Dimensions and developed perfect logical models for reporting environment.
- Converted existing interactive reports with prompts to non-prompted reports for Narrow casting.
- Involved in trouble shooting MicroStrategy prompt, filter, template, consolidations, and custom group objects in an enterprise data warehouse team environment.
- Exported data from Teradata using Fast Export utility.
- Involved in giving demos/Presentations to end-users and training other developers in MicroStrategy Desktop and Web.
- Involved in creating user groups and security filters for users and assign privileges.
Environment: MicroStrategy 8.0.3/8.1(Administrator, Architect, Desktop, Narrowcast Server, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager), Teradata V2R6, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL Server, Brio. Cognos, Crystal Reports, Oracle 10g, Informatica
- Determined the SQL Server Installation. Installed SQL Server Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program
- Physical Implementation of database into SQL Server 2000 using T-SQL.
- Worked on Client/Server tools like SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to administer SQL Server.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity checks, Database Statistics update and Re-indexing
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Created complex stored procedures and functions to support efficient data storage and manipulation
- Worked on DTS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from heterogeneous database
- Data migration (import & export -- BCP) from Text to SQL Server
- Generated ad-hoc reports using MS-Access and Crystal Reports
- Coordinated post-implementation events such as testing
Environment: SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, Excel, Access, Crystal Reports 9.0 and Windows NT