- 10+ years of IT industry experience with around 3.5 years of experience in implementing Workday HCM and 6+ years in Oracle SQL/PL/SQL. Experienced in all phases of Workday Implementation including requirements gathering, functional configurations, data conversions from legacy to Workday, integrations and user acceptance testing.
- Hands on experience working on all integration modules including Inbound/Outbound EIB (Enterprise Interface Builder) Integrations, Core Connectors and Workday Studio. Worked on building custom reports, XSLT transformations and document transformations.
- Strong functional knowledge on various HCM modules including Benefits, Payroll, Recruiting, Compensation Management and Time tracking.
- Hands on experience in creating and maintaining Supervisory Organizations, Staffing models, Business Processes, Job family groups, Positions, Locations, Compensation and Cost Centers.
- Experience in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Ref Cursors, Constraints, Triggers, Indexes, Views, Materialized Views, SQL Loader
- Experienced in building Simple, Advanced, Matrix and Composite Reports.
- Leveraged calculated fields, retrieved data from multiple data sources and exposed reports as a web service using Report as a Service (RaaS).
- Experienced in creating BIRT reports to develop compensation statements, mid and year end performance review documents based on client requirements.
- Experienced in data conversion from legacy HCM (HR, Payroll, Base Benefits, Benefits Administration and Time & Labor) to Workday HCM modules.
- Proficient in Workday security. Experienced in setting up role - based and user-based security groups in a supervisory organization. Designed test scenarios for validating security policies around critical business processes.
- Experienced in all phases of Workday implementation - Requirement gathering, Design, Development and Testing. Worked in Agile and Scrum based projects. Participated in scrum planning, retrospectives and sprint demos.
- Extensive knowledge of QA testing methodologies, generating test plans, test cases, change management/defect management and bug reporting using the HP quality center.
Workday: Workday HCM, Core connectors, EIB (Inbound/Outbound) Integrations, Workday Report Writer, Calculated Fields, Workday Studio (BIRT), Workday Security
SDLC Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall and RUP (Rational Unified Process)
Other: Oxygen Editor, PHP Editor, EIB Troubleshooting, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, MS Office
Confidential, Memphis, TN
Workday Integration Consultant
- Implemented Workday HCM, Compensation, Time Tracking, Absence, and Payroll modules and overall responsibility to gather technical requirements from client.
- Developed many composite reports, BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) layout reports, Custom Dash Boards and Trend reports.
- Hands on experience in developing several compensation reports and experience in BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) reports to generate compensation statements.
- Efforts to prepare the iLoad files during data conversion process and configure Workday HCM and Time Tracking modules, create/run reports, design job aides, and develop documentation for Workday end users.
- Created the new outbound integrations to sending the time off corrections Information from Workday to ADP payroll system.
- Designed and developed a set of integrations to integrate Workday HR with Recruiting system and well versed with functional concepts of Workday HCM and Supported User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked on Data Conversion and mapping using EIB and iLoad for Assets, Conversion assets, Composite Assets, Customer Invoices, Bank Account Conversion Data from Oracle system into Workday.
- Participated in End to End Solution and Architecture Discussions for New Feature Development and Enhance Existing Product Features.
- Map current Business Process Model in the application Architecture and analyze impacted Business Process Model.
- Identify Primary and Alternative Design Solution flows to meet the Business Problem/Requirement.
- Perform Technical Feasibility of the Design Solution and perform sizing (Time and Cost Estimation) of the proposed Design Solution.
- Provided Day to day support of Workday HCM, Compensation and Reporting issues.
- Created complex custom reports using Workday reporting functionality and calculated fields.
- Worked extensively on Payroll Interfaces
- Preparing and documenting the User Acceptance test (UAT) plan and obtaining the necessary signoffs from the concerned business units.
- Participated in sessions with developer and QA's to ensure clarity and accuracy of their understanding for a user story.
- Demoed the completed user stories/ features as and when completed to the project sponsor and stakeholders to get a signoff.
- Assist the integration consulting team in helping to configure and test integrations between Workday and third party/custom solutions.
- Implemented new Workday Time tracking module and other HR systems and tools.
- Worked with the Product owner to create user stories addressing their business value.
- Documented the user stories with Acceptance criteria, prototypes, business value, Precondition and included any development and testing notes.
- Assisted Scrum Master in managing iterations determined the team's velocity for an iteration and picked up stories accordingly.
- Assisted the QA team in creating test strategy, test scenarios and test data.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Developed lookup calculations based on advanced lookup tables and tested the Absence Eligibility
- Configured Absence type groups and initiate the Absence cases and created Absence tables
- Configured the leave of Absence business processes and setup cascading leave types.
- Developed configurations and integrations for Absence management, compensation, payroll, benefits and time and recruitment modules
- Worked on compensation packages, total reward templates, hourly plans, salary plans, proration of merit and bonus compensation basis, calculated plans for compensation, severance packages and severance matrix
- Worked on merit plans, merit statements, earnings overrides for bonuses and configured merit process
- Setup compensation elements, market salary Data, commission plans, one-time payments and stock participation rate tables
- Configured compensation grade and pay range security and compensation review business process
- Setup the total rewards statements in workday and created bonus plans in workday.
- Created future payment plans, stock plans, bonus plans, compensation grades and grade steps and compensation participation rules
- Creating the new business processes and notifications in Production and sandbox tenants based on the designed business flow diagrams
- Developed EIB for inbound and outbound integrations.
- Worked on setup of time off in absence management
- Worked on Time off plan balances and time off types.
- Involved in the design phase and prototyping for further discussions with the client HCM team.
- Used sequence generators in creating EIB.
- Participate in the discovery sessions with client and vendors, create the design and mapping documents and submit the same for sign off.
- Creating the new business processes and notifications in deployment and sandbox tenants based on the designed business flow diagrams
- Day to Day support of Workday HCM, Absence, compensation, Security, Compensation and Reporting issues.
- Created and used calculated fields in reporting, business processes, integrations and other areas within Workday for Absence and Compensation.
- Involved in Data Conversion, Workday BP Configuration
- Designed and developed a set of integrations to integrate Workday HR.
- Created leave types for leave of absence setup in workday
- Configured talent metrics, talent dashboards in workday talent management
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
- Involved in the full cycle from blueprinting to post-go-live support.
- Participated in number of user meetings which involved study of business processes, gathering and documenting requirements.
- Understanding the client requirements and involved in data migrations from PeopleSoft into workday
- Data configuration in Workday using Core Connectors
- Developed complex custom reports and leveraged the Workday built in report
- Involved in design, development and End-to-End of integrations testing
- Designed and built both inbound and outbound Enterprise Interface Builders for pushing and pulling data from the legacy system
- Involved as a key resource in the following areas during the Implementation and Post-Production Support Activities of Workday HCM: Core Organization Setup Configuration of Business Process and Compensation Configuration Workday Security Configuration Integration Maintenance and Modification Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), I Load & Report Writer Tenant setup activities, alert and notification configuration Preparing the KAD document as key document for each release
- Hire into Head Count and Job Management, Approval of Organization Assignments, consolidated approvals.
- Staffing Movements, An employee changes in position, inbound process and outbound process.
- Termination Process, initiate termination process, review termination process, to do tasks
- Event Management, Finding the event, Task Reassignment and Requesting the reassignment, manage delegation settings, Editing the tenant setups- Business Process and Notifications
- Designed and built both inbound and outbound EIB integrations in various segments of Workday system.
- Assigning user-based security groups to the applicants.
- Hire into Position management, hire into Headcount management and Job Management.
- Created Mass compensation changes and modified allowance plans and benefits.
- Worked with Simple and Advanced Reports, defining columns, business objects, fields, columns heading overriding, multiple sorting techniques, sorting by secondary objects.
- Developed migrations scripts to migrate data from PeopleSoft to Workday
- Responsible for deploying the objects to Production Tenant
- Developed several Complex XSLT Scripts for Integrations
- Created Calculated Fields for Reports and Integrations
- Responsible for developing test cases for Workday Integration testing of 30+ inbound and outbound interfaces to and from Workday to Taleo and other third-party systems
- Tested job scheduling and validate end results
- Worked on Business Process, Compensation and Custom Reports in Workday and generate simple report-based Outbound Integrations.
- Assisted in the transition of the customer from professional services to Workday customer support
- Worked on translating customer requirements into formal requirements and design documents
- Developed stored procedures and triggers to facilitate consistent data entry into the database
- Data Conversion from Ceridian to Workday on Employee information, Benefits administration, Occupational health and safety, Performance administration, Property management, and skills inventory
- Easy reporting, Paycheques or direct deposit, Statutory and non-statutory deductions, Government remittance filing, Records of Employment (ROEs), Garnishee processing, Regular payroll reports,
- Legislative compliance, Year-end services, Employee attendance and New employee setup
- Responsible for Data Conversion, Workday BP Configuration
- Responsible for cleansing extracted data from Ceridian prior to providing it for load into Workday via iloads.
- Responsible for the development of data extract or data conversion programs/tools to obtain and transform the legacy data and deliver it in the format required to load in Workday
- Responsible for providing input into transformation requirements
- Responsible for the identification, documentation and resolution of data quality issues in the legacy system
- Presents design, build and test results for data quality and data conversion lead sign-off
- Developed custom dashboards for executive management
- Lead detailed integration discovery/design sessions with cross-functional client teams and senior business executives.
- Documentation of standard processes and procedures and preparation for Go-live
- Gave good documentation and performed end user and providing configuration to IT Team.
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Created, designed and developed Rpd (repository) using OBIEE 11g Admin tool.
- Developing all the three layers (Physical, Business Model and Mapping, Presentation) with oracle's best practices
- Developed Reports/Dashboards using OBIEE 11g front end (OBIEE Presentation Services).
- Built Interactive Dashboards using dashboard prompts, attractive landing pages, with multiple links, Guided navigations, Answer queries, and BI Publisher reports.
- Developed PL/SQL Procedures, Functions and Packages
- Full Software Development Lifecycle from Requirements through Development, Testing, and Implementation
- Created Data model for the star schema using Erwin, created DDL scripts for static dimensions.
- Created various DB objects such as tables, views, Materialized Views, indexes, sequences, synonyms for the business application development
- Automated ETL process is set up using Informatica and DAC scheduling tool to gather all the required data.
- Designed and modified the ETL Mappings using Informatica
- Designed Jobs by UNIX shell scripts on UNIX/Autosys box
- Performed performance tuning of the SQL queries by eliminating redundant joins, creating functional indexes, removing redundant code.
- Involved in Data Migration tool from older DBMS software to SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Router and Aggregator to create robust mappings in the Informatica Power Center Designer.
- Documented business rules, functional and technical designs, test cases, and user guides
- Conduct code walkthroughs and review peer code and documentation
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL server 2008 R2/12, SSRS, SQL Loader, Informatica 9.1, Windows 7, SQL developer, Erwin, UNIX, Korn Shell
Business Objects Report Developer
- Involved in all phases of software development including gathering requirements, creating specifications, development of database objects, developing code and validating programs
- Involved in the creation of database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, functions, packages, DB triggers, Indexes and Collections
- Performed various activities such as creating and modifying Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers
- Created ODI design documents from the existing Informatica mappings. Used these design documents in development of ODI interfaces/packages
- Created various Dashboards in OBIEE 10g and enhancements to the existing reports.
- Performed the performance tuning of the OBIEE 10g application by following the oracle guidelines for the Reports to meet the SLA for all the reports
- Trained Business users about the OBIEE 10g Application by following the oracle Guidelines for the Reports to meet the SLA for all the reports
- Created Analytical, Attribute and calculation views on SAP HANA
- Involved in Report generation using SSRS from both Relational and OLAP cubes
- Designed developed and managed Universe in Business objects XI 4.1 Designer/Information
- Development and design of new reports, universe and dashboards
- Develop, modify and maintain reports in Webi, crystal reports for enterprise (CRE) against universes and crystal reports against database tables
- Extensively worked on Central Configuration Manager and Central Management Console.
- Used user hierarchies in reports to drill down data in reports for better analysis
- Creating Business objects Groups and User and assigning the access rights
- Worked on @Functions like @Aggregate Aware (), @Select (), @Prompt ()
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g, PL/SQL, SAP ERP 6.0, HANA 1.0, BO 4.1, Crystal Reports XI/2013