- Extensive experience in developing and operationalizing the enterprise architecture (IT) modernization strategy and tactical implementation to increase the value and effectiveness of technology investments.
- Expert in collaborates with Business and IT groups to define the architecture and align solutions with enterprise strategies. Accountable to the business and IT leadership for successful service delivery.
- Extensive solution design experience and defined various end to end technical solutions in line with the enterprise architecture strategies and current technology landscape. Strong software hands - on development experience background.
- Established the architecture governance processes to ensure projects are compliant with IT strategy, architecture standards, and technology directions (EARB).
- Extensive experience with enterprise architecture Frameworks and methodology. - TOGAF. current state analysis defines the future state architecture and multiyear roadmaps.
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture and strategies, cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with the hands-on ability to implement best practices or suggest improvements. Expert in collaborates with cloud providers (Microsoft).
- Experience with Cloud-based architectures and integration, modernization/migration, azure analytic services (Data Factory/Data Lake Analytics), artificial intelligence - AI solution (Bot Framework), Cognitive Services - QnA Maker.
- Expert in designing the fully automated continuous integration, delivery, and deployment pipelines. Implemented CI/CD(DevSecOps) delivery using code management, configuration management and automation tools such as GitHub, VSTS, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Good understanding of Domain-Driven Design, Microservices architecture and moved monolith apps into microservice architecture.
- Successful background working with business intelligence platforms like Qlik, and Power BI and data architecture and design across ETL, SQL, and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) methods and API / Integration tools(middleware) and patterns, including MuleSoft, APIGEE, IBM MQ, Solace.
- Extensive experience in Application rationalization (APM - Application Portfolio Management) strategies which include creation/assessment of the application inventory, develop a portfolio view depicting cost, identify strategic opportunities, develop a multi-year rationalization roadmap (resulted in significant savings) across business units.
- Created a library of architectural patterns and best practices, as well as the reference architecture for several capabilities to guide the team. In-depth experience establishing and maintains the reference architecture which includes the business capability reference model, guiding principles, standards, patterns/ best practices, and usage guidelines.
- Acute knowledge on product selection (COTS) (buy vs Build), Requests for Proposal (RFPs), SOW, IT Service Management process (ITIL).
- Experience in leading multiple, globally distributed software engineering teams to on-time, on-budget delivery.
- Support, IT audit issues and other Complaints from an enterprise standpoint (OCC Audit etc.).
- IT asset management (Product Lifecycle Management) expertise and management of products End of Life (EOL) - BDNA.
- Extensive consulting and strong leadership experience with the ability to influence at the executive level. Actively participates in technical fit review of capital planning (annual budget forecasts).
- Advanced knowledge and experience in both waterfall and agile SDLC practices. Worked on the project estimation (L0, L1), scope definition and formulating project timelines.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Enterprise Architecture Solution Architecture
- IT Strategy Software Development
- Cloud Design & Migration
- Application Rationalization Governance (ARB)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Microservices
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Agile and Scrum Methodologies
- Integration Data Science
- Business Intelligence (BI) Systems Development
- Web Applications Project Management
EA Tools/Repo: Enterprise Architect - Sparx Troux iGrafx, Visio, ServiceNow
Design Patterns: GoF Model - View - Viewmodel(MVVM) Model-View-Presenter(MVP),Model - View - Controller (MVC)
Web/Win Technology: ASP.NET AngularJS, JSON WCF Entity Framework, WPF
Middleware: IBM MQ Solace ESB (MuleSoft), API Gateway (Akana/Apigee)
Database: SQL Server Sybase MongoDB-NoSQL, ETL
Business Intelligence (BI): Microsoft Power BI, QlikView
Others: API,Microservice,Docker,Kubernetes,REST,CRM,Data Structures (Stack, Queue, Tree, LinkedList)
Confidential, New Jersey
VP, Digital Enterprise Architect
- Realize the businesses goals and define IT strategy to support organization goals: Defined the (IT)-Strategy for the organization - frontend velocity improvement (Cloud, DevOps, Microservice), Backend Velocity improvement (Process optimization, cost reduction) and operationalization of the strategy (Digital Transformation).
- Defined the overall architecture & solution strategy for major organizational initiative- HR ERP platform modernization (PeopleSoft) by consolidating different ledger into a single ledger as part of organization acquisition. PeopleSoft consolidation ($10 million). Accountable to the business and IT leadership for the successful delivery.
- Led an Architecture Assessment & Definition exercise to assess enterprise business applications in Investment Operations Portfolio and defined a cloud-native solution based on modern architecture principles and paradigm.
- Developed the cloud computing strategy and introduced cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring strategies for the organization.
- Led the enterprise long-term strategic plans for cost reduction - Application Rationalization, and its road map development.
- Re-Architected the organization Business Capital Onboarding platform using modern architecture principles (Salesforce).
- Developed Data Management Solutions to bring internal and exogenous datasets together to formulate new perspectives by using azure big data frameworks/tools: Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, PowerBI/ QlikView. Strong understanding of app & data architectures and cloud native patterns.
- Hands-on experience (POC) with containers and container management: Docker and Kubernetes e.g. Microservices application deployed in Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
- Understand the business drivers and risks, explain complex technical concepts to senior business leaders as well as the technical stakeholders.
- Developed the governance process for impact analysis and architecture review. Which includes, analyze of business requirements in the early stages (before funding) to identify the impact within the enterprise (Business, Information, Application, Infrastructure domain) and architecture review for evaluating the architecture alignment within the enterprise. (Architecture Review Board-ARB - Governance).
- Contributed to the future state architecture development that transforms our current technology landscape from monolithic to service oriented decoupling presentation layers(Microservice).
- Provided seamless experiences to customers by implementing Azure Bot (text-based) conversation to get the information they need about the loan, rates, etc.
- Led the intranet modernization initiative for corporate technology. Analyzed the current state of the intranet, identified the pain points, drivers, defined the future state architecture and developed the multiyear roadmaps.
- New Technology investigation and implementation - Drove the adoption of cloud, provided guidance and make recommendations based on a capability assessment (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS). Responsible for application readiness to cloud platforms and build proof of concept environments for assessment.
- Conducted architecture assessment and worked with the team to mitigate the design gaps (Provided solution options, POC to support the project recommendations)
- Developed and managed the technology strategies, roadmaps for the organization and also provided the implementation direction to the team.
- Defined technical evaluation criteria for COTS (vendor products) and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions results in a coherent system design
- Leveraged architecture governance process to provide IT and Business guidance of the architecture decisions.
- Supported IT audit issues and other Complaints from an enterprise standpoint.
- Delivered enterprise-wide solutions for PeopleSoft single ledger initiative by achieving all milestones of projects ranging up-to $10MM. Developed the architecture for PeopleSoft initiative ($10m+) as part of organization acquisition, which included impact analysis, component design and defines the multiple system integration.
- Initiated cost reduction initiatives within IT delivering cost savings of $2MM+ by application rationalization. Developed an actionable checklist and retirement execution plan for the decommission status applications to retire (Implementation). This retirement roadmap exercise resulted in a significant Value addition/savings and Portfolio Optimization.
- Domain-Driven Design Microservices created and migrated monolithic applications to micro services architecture.
- Developed the future state architecture and multiyear roadmaps for intranet initiative.
- Drove the adoption of cloud initiative, defined Strategy, Governance and build a proof of concept environments for assessment.
- Implemented Chatbots using Microsoft Bot Framework(AI) and improved customer conversation experience over the automated chat.
- Developed the application inventory for rationalization by using the data visualization tool -Power BI and Qlik with ServiceNow integration.
- Support the new business team with RFP/RFI responses and managed the SOW.
- Evaluated the vendor product and provided long term solutions with all enterprise controls: Ex: Like Crowdstrike, Saba(SaaS) learning management products.
- Developed a strategic decision making ‘integration decision frameworks’ (Position paper) to determine the suitable integration approaches within the enterprise.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Established the architecture governance process with two stages and they are impacting analysis stage and architecture review stage. Impact analysis includes, analyze of business requirements in the early stages to identify the impact within the enterprise (TOGAF domain model implemented for evaluation-Business, Information, Application, Infrastructure) and architecture review stage for evaluating the solution design alignment within the enterprise. (Architecture Review Board-ARB - Governance).
- Worked with development teams and other stakeholders to enable the migration and refactoring of on-premises applications to cloud native design and deployment methodologies.
- Migrated applications into cloud environments, which involved defining migration plans and leading migration, integration with other applications and SaaS.
- Designed end-to-end, enterprise solutions for Confidential intranet modernization initiative.
- Organization learning management systems moved into the cloud and decommissioned the legacy systems.
- Designed and Developed End to End architecture for MS Dynamics and Integration Architecture for a mix of hosted and on-premise systems
- Defined target state and roadmap aligned with corporate goals and IFC IT strategy to determine business capabilities, such as IW future state, and roadmaps.
- Defined the impact assessment, architectural review process and assessment templates for EARB. Conducted impact assessment and architectural review to ensure the alignment with IT, technology solutions, and design gaps.
- Event driven platform implemented for our onboarding platform with Azure CosmoDB and Azure functions, microservices.
- Introduced enterprise integration platform with ESB and Application Gateway - APIGEE into the organization’s ecosystem.
- Collaborated with the UX design team to provide an improved customer experience by designing wireframes.
- Assessment of request for proposals- RFP for vendor, software selection.
- Defined technical evaluation criteria for COTS product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions results in a coherent system design
- Documented the architecture using Sparx and lead technical design sessions with the teams,
- Created the current state, identified the pain points, drivers, future state architecture, and the roadmaps
- Architected end-to-end solutions for corporate line of business. Defined pros and cons of solution options to arrive at consensus around architecture decisions
- Created and migrated monolithic applications to micro services architecture -API-first with REST based APIs.
- Created a library of architectural patterns and best practices, as well as the reference architecture for several capabilities like BPM, MDM, etc.
- Created a solution to identifying the ESB (MuleSoft) and Pega integration scenarios and solution approaches to access (BPM) Pega from ESB for consuming applications. Introduced API Gateway into the organization to expose the services - Apigee.
- Lead 5-10 software engineering teams distributed across 2-3 sites globally
- Modeled the systems using an architecture modeling tool such as Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Partnered with the Sales team for new business development (RFI/RFP responses) and client relationship management.
- Collaborated with the CTO, Technology Leadership team and key stakeholders from the business functions, to develop an Enterprise Architecture Strategy.
- Provided an end to end architecture solution to business problems and designed the solution to support the WBG business.
- Converted the existing Risk related services into microservice with DDD and AKS.
- Led the JAD workshop to elicit business and functional requirements as part of the future state system definition.
- Replaced the legacy learning management system with SaaS Saba and introduced the ESB layer to remove the existing Point to Point integration.
- Lead and facilitated the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise.
- Lead Architecture Review Board (ARB) meetings for architecture, design and product reviews
- Applied Business Process Modeling Notation 2.0 (BPMN 2.0) and Business Process Modeling (BPM) methodologies to elicit information from stakeholders to document end-to-end business processes
- Formulated a disaster recovery plan for the production environment.
- Assist in the development of solution strategies, approaches, architecture- related responses to RFPs
- Hands-on proof of concepts (POC) for existing and new technologies.
- Developed IT strategy and implementation roadmap.
- Collaborated with IT Team to determine the appropriate cloud architecture patterns for the business requirements, current technology migration, development.
- Migrated applications into cloud environments from On-premise, which included developing migration plans and initiating migration with other applications (Lotus note application sunset and migrated into Office 365 SharePoint Online)
- Developed a strategic decision making ‘integration decision frameworks’ (Position paper) to determine the suitable integration approaches within the enterprise
- Define technology standards and approves technology decisions through EARB meetings.
- Hands-on experience (POC) with containers and container management: Docker and/or Kubernetes e.g. Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS).
- Implemented Cloud Governance (Auditing, Log Management, Policies, tagging, compliance)
- Created application architectures across the business, data, application, and technology domains.
- Experience in leading multiple, globally distributed software engineering teams to on-time, on-budget delivery.
- Collaborated with business owners, teams and vendors to align solution architectures with business objectives and established architectural guidelines
- Provided leadership to development, testing, calibration, implementation, and maintenance activities
- Conducted technical impact analysis with other downstream systems, as well as high- and low-level design (HLD and LLD) reviews
- Integrated modules with all partner applications, as well as Agile Scrum methodologies
- Established test plans and criteria for acceptance testing of Confidential application technical components
- Took charge of maintaining the ERE matrix
- Developed RESTful services to provide business functionality.
- Developed common services to meet SOA goals of reusing services and decreasing the size of duplicate code for faster processing. Also, implemented enterprise application integration strategy using SOA principles and standards along with integration technology such as ESB.
- Performed solution architecture reviews with stakeholders and CoP teams before design and development activities to guarantee solution scalability, alignment with customer business requirements, and compliance with organization roadmaps
- Managed the globally distributed team.
Technologies: .NET Framework 4.0, C#, ADO.NET, TFS, WPF, WCF, MVVM, Unit of work pattern, and Nunit
- Participated in solution design, prototyping, proof-of-concept development, and Simental product development task definition
- Collaborate with project stakeholders on solution architect reviews prior to development activities, ensuring the design was signed off from all stakeholders
- Utilized C# with Unit of Work Pattern to design the server
- Contributed to the technical direction of Confidential -Central by managing and presenting proposals to the client
- Developed the unit testing framework base using NUnit
- Designed, architected, and led a team to build a global Confidential product using MVVM and WPF
- Facilitate Scrum activities, which included grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups