- Experience in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) involving System analysis, Design Development & Implementation using Waterfall methodology and agile methodology.
- Expert on installing and configuring MS SQL Server 2005\2008\2008 - R2\2012
- Hands on experience in configuring Reporting Service, Report manager and Report Server
- Extensive experience in analysis, design and development of software applications in SQL Server. Extensive knowledge in ER Diagram & design of logical & physical data modeling using Oracle Data modeler.
- Extensive experience in designing de-normalized data warehouse including Star Schema & Snow Flake Schema.
- Extensive experience in creating & using Stored Procedure, Views, Triggers, schemas & Complex queries
- Extensive work experience on Common Table Expressions, Cursors, Functions and User-Defined Types In depth experience in using SQL Server Data Tool (SSDT) & business intelligence development studio (BIDs)
- Hands on experience in configuring Data Flow source and destination connection strings
- Extensive experience in implementing event driven Error handlings and package logs.
- Hands on Experience on SSIS package development, deployment and scheduling.
- Expert in creating data visualizations such as dashboards, parameterized reports, drill down reports, and interactive reports using SQL Server Reporting Service.
- Hands on experience on developing Page level Reports, Dashboards, and Stories Using Microsoft Power BI.
- Extensive experience in implementing self-service reporting capabilities using SQL Server Analysis service, Power BI and Report Builder.
- Experienced in Database Optimization using Memory-Optimized Tables
- Experienced to translate reporting and analytical needs into technical solutions.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, Competitive analytical, logical, and problem-solving skills, Strong management, administrative and leadership skills to work in team.
Database Tools: Windows server 2008/2008 R2/2012 Enterprise edition, MS SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012,2016 Enterprise edition, SSRS,SSIS, Power BI, Data Warehouse (OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP), ETL, VMware, Power-Shell, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Agents, SQL Alerts, SQL Jobs, SQL Mail, Visual Studio C#, SharePoint, Toad.
Database modeling: Toad Data modeler, ERWIN, VISIO 2003.
Network topologies: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SMTP, SNMP. SAN, RAID, NAS
Power BI Developer
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Imported data from SQL Server DB, Azure SQL DB to Power BI to generate reports.
- Created Dax Queries to generate computed columns in Power BI.
- Created Row level security with power bi and integration with power bi service portal.
- Generated computed tables in Power BI by using Dax.
- Used Power BI, Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype, and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports
- Published Power BI Reports in the required originations and Made Power BI Dashboards available in Web clients and mobile apps
- Explored data in a Variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI.
- Created custom visuals for Power BI.
- Used Power BI Gateways to keep the dashboards and reports up to date.
- Installed and Configured Enterprise Gateway and Personal Gateway in Power Bi Services.
- Created reports using time intelligence calculations and functions.
- Worked on all kind of reports such as Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, and Daily.
SQL/ BI Developer
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Involved with full development cycle of a Data Warehouse, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Worked with Type 1 and 2 dimensions, Fact Tables, Star Schema design, Operational Data Store (ODS), leveling and other Data Warehouse concepts.
- Export and import data from Flat file, CSV file, Excel to/from SQL Server database using SSIS.
- Developed Complex SSIS Packages to load data into Staging, ODS, and Data Warehouse systems.
- Developed various T-SQL objects such as Functions, Tables, Views, Triggers, Indexes, Constraints, Stored Procedures and Queries to be used in the project.
- Building an end to end data warehouse testing strategy source extract to staging, dimension data to the ODS, fact data to the data warehouse and report and portal functions extracting data for display and reporting
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in T-SQL queries, creating sub queries, establishing joins and creating indexes wherever necessary.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages for ETL flow to validate, extract, transform and load data into database.
- Managed and monitored the system utilization by using the query optimizer and checking the execution plan.
- Created SQL server Analysis Projects; created Multidimensional databases cubes, facts and dimensions for the analysis of products in specific areas using SSAS.
- Design and Developed multiple Enterprise reports using SSRS from both OLTP and OLAP databases
- Generating reports using power BI Dashboard.
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team by using SQL Server.
- Tested the reports and fixed bugs in the stored procedures. Involved in scheduling the reports and setting security for reports.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track report history using SSRS.
Business Intelligence Developer
- Designed & Developed SSIS packages for performing ETL process using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Worked using integration services for transferring and reviewing data from heterogeneous sources like (Flat file, Excel, CSV, Oracle, MS Access).
- Responsible for Data Profiling to determine data integrity for transformation of Data from Source to Target.
- Strong working experience in the Data Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Data Warehousing using Data Conversions, Data Extraction, Data Transformation and Data Loading (ETL).
- Developed several detail and summary reports including line and pie charts, trend analysis reports and sub-reports according to business requirements using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expertise in Data Analysis, Understanding in Dimensional Data Modeling, Data Extraction, Transformation & Loading (ETL), Cubes and End User Reports.
- Conducted and automated the ETL operations to Extract data from multiple data sources, transform inconsistent and missing data to consistent and reliable data and finally load it into the Multi-dimensional data warehouse.
- Monitored time taking queries with Performance Tuning to reduce execution time & created packages in SSIS with error handling & also tested the packages for Incremental Data Load & duplications.
- Developed Ad Hoc reporting platform using SQL Server Analysis Service Tabular Model