- Over 20 years of experience in Data Strategy, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Governance, Solution Architecture, Data Architecture, Modeling, Master Data Management, Database Administration, Data warehouse, Data Lakes and database development, Delivery Management, Application Architecture and Application Integration. Specializing on the following technologies: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, UDB, Teradata, PostgreSQL, Informatica, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Share point, Windows, Unix and Linux.
- With a Masters from IIT India and an MBA in Finance and Risk Management from Georgia State and a CFA charter from ICFAI I have excellent domain knowledge in finance, risk management and business processes.
- Strategic contributor for IT and Business alignment with deeper understanding of business processes and technical expertise. Excellent communications skills with all levels of management and technical staff.
- Excellent expertise in Healthcare, Public Health, Finance, Banking, Insurance, eCommerce and CRM industries. Excellent leadership skills in managing diverse teams using onshore and offshore model. I have expertise in the following technical areas.
- Data Strategy
- Data Lakes and Data warehouses.
- Enterprise Data Solutions Architecture using Kimball and Inmon methodologies.
- Naming standards, data dictionary standards, data lineage and conventions for Data modeling
- Grounds up setting of Business Intelligence Applications
- Data Governance, Master Data Management
- Data discovery, Data Profiling, Data Quality and Cleansing. Data Score card and Survivorship matrix.
- Enterprise Database Administration
- Data Integration and ETL design and implementation
- Enterprise application Architecture, design and development
- Architecting and implementing various Business continuity and High Availability solutions.
- Using Database as a service model for hosting database servers in Data Center
- Enterprise reporting analysis, design and development
- Delivery management
- ITIL process and Agile methodologies
Operating System: Windows/Linux/UNIX
Database: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R 2/2005/2000/7.0 , Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/7/6/5, MySQL 5.0/5.5, PostgreSQL, Sybase, IBM DB2, Hadoop and Teradata.
ETL Tools: SSIS, Informatica 9.1, 9.6 Power Center, Talend
MDM/Data Quality: IDQ, Analyst, IDD, MDM Hub.
BI Tools: MS SSAS, SSRS, Cognos, Tableau
Data Modelling tools: Erwin, Power Designer, Visio
Language: C, C++, T SQL, PL/SQL (Analytical Functions)
Source Code Control: VSS, Perforce, team foundation server
Scripting: VB Script, UNIX Shell Scripting
Technologies: COM/DCOM, MTS, MSMQ, MQ Series, SOA, Share Point, SAP, Cerner, EPIC, BizTalkMethodologies ITIL, SOA and Agile
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Data Product Consultant
- Data productization for the domains of Provider, Locations and Insurance.
- Defining the architecture for the data products that includes data ingestion, persistence and consumption using Data Lakes, Warehouses, Big data and Cloud architectures.
- Data Analysis and discovery to understand the current data assets.
- Mentoring on shore and off shore teams
Environment: Azure, MS SQL Server, SSIS, ADF, Power BI, Erwin, Visual Cactus, Centricity Business, MS Dynamics and SAFe methodologies
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Principal Data Architect
- Establish Meta data management, data cataloguing, data modelling standards using Idera ER studio.
- SME support for data systems in the Confidential data center that includes MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Idera tools Data Architect, Business Architect and Team Server, AWS and Azure.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Data Architect / Delivery Manager
- Defining the Data strategy and Business Intelligence strategy for the organization that included striking a balance between defense and offence approach, Data lakes, DW and cloud strategy. Developing the enterprise wide data architecture diagrams and ecosystem diagrams that highlight the applications along functional business domains for the various lines of businesses. Key member in the Innovation framework.
- Establishing the Architecture standards for the Hadoop implementation that considers data pipelines, storage formats (row vs column, avro vs parquet), compression, performance and tech stack/framework selection (MapR vs Spark)
- Product owner and Architect for Customer MDM, The MDM is defined across the various line of business like Newspaper, Broadcasting and Digital among others. Fixed several data quality issues and established data audit procedures across the MDM hub and subscribers. Established MDM as a pivot for consolidated and Combined billing of customers across line of businesses. Defined and working to establish a Data Governance council.
- Defining standardized roadmaps for the IT initiatives.
- Defining technology stack for the organization.
- Defining the business intelligence strategy for the digital side of the business
- Solutions Architecture for various projects that link multiple vendor products with in house solutions.
- Delivery Manager for Order to cash initiative that combines the digital and broadcasting business billing for customer.
- Project planning, working with stake holder for requirements and definition of project scope, prioritization of tasks, resource allocation, delivery management based on an agile frame work using JIRA and weekly progress updates to VP of IT.
Environment: Hadoop, AWS, Azure, MS SQL Server, Oracle, SSIS, MDS, Qlik, Power BI, Tableau, Jira, Erwin, Java, .Net and Agile methodologies
Lead Data Architect
- Re - Architecting the product to enhance performance and fill the functional gaps. The Architecture changes included Data model changes and Physical implementation.
- Mentoring the onshore vendor development team in an agile process.
- Worked with Microsoft experts to analyze performance improvement options, implemented data purging to eliminate persistence of redundant data, Spread out the database physically for performance, Moved critical tables to in Memory for enhancing performance, implemented Native compiling for SPs. Defined and implemented Data Purge and Archiving strategy. Worked with the dev team to enhance the efficiency of code at every level.
- Analyzed the various SLA/SLO for a best fit for the application in the data center.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, Always On, .Net and Agile methodologies
Lead Solutions Architect
- Confidential was formed by the merger of Healthport, IOD and ECS.
- Defined the Solutions architecture, Data model and mentored the dev team in a offshore/Onshore model for projects that include
- Merger of workflow process between ECS, IOD and HealthPort Payor requests for release of information.
- MDM solutions for Customers, Contracts, Sites and Pricing rules using Microsoft MDS solutions.
- Pricing Engine as a web service.
- Data integration for financial statements consolidations, account journal entries from legacy systems to Lawson ERP.
- Queuing for workflow management that are event and rules engine driven.
Environment: MS SQL Server, Oracle, SSIS, MDS, Talend, Jira, Erwin, Java, .Net and Agile methodologies
Senior Solution Architect/Data Architect and Business Intelligence Consultant
- Architected the Data repository in a disease condition agnostic manner that tracks the disease condition progression and treatment.
- Defined the Information exchange standards in XSD/XML and architected and developed the ETL modules.
- Designed the data warehouse model was using Kimball methodology and had the multi fact galaxy schema with several bridge tables for the dimensions to handle many to many relationships and several slowly changing dimensions.
- Physical and logical modelling of data was done using Erwin, XSD was defined using Liquid XML/Notepad ++ XML plugins.
- Lead the development efforts in a small team of four members.
Environment: Erwin, Liquid XML, Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud, SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Tableau, Agile methodologies
Senior Data Architect and MDM Consultant
- Worked on the architecture for merging of MDM hubs for Manheim and Auto Trader group to form a super hub for the customer domain
- Data profiling and data quality analyzed and data cleansing rules defined.
- Match and merge rules defined with survivorship ratings for data consolidation
- Data translation tables defined for the data consolidation.
- Configured MDM Hub and IDQ service
- Defined ETL mappings using Power Center
Environment: Informatica 9.1/9.6 MDM Hub, Power Center, Analyst, IDQ, IDD, Oracle, Erwin, Power Designer, Agile methodologies
Database administration and Architect
- Logical and Physical modelling using Erwin for existing and new applications for OLTP and DW.
- Analyzing the COTS products data model in Erwin and architect the data integration with other applications for the overall enterprise data flow.
- Reverse Engineering of Data Models and generating migration scripts for changes in database platforms.
- Generating data mapping docs using the Erwin data models for the ETL procedures.
- Working with developers for the ETL transformation rules based on Meta data.
- Naming conventions and standards for Databases, Data dictionary and metadata.
- Database support for in house and COTS Applications that included SAP, Sharepoint, BizTalk.
- Coordinating with the various business units and PMOs for upgrading the existing systems and architecting newer systems.
- Migration of over 150 servers from physical to VM environment.
- Troubleshooting performance and architecture related issues
- 7/24 production support
- Architected and implemented centralized backup infrastructure in MS SQL for My SQL databases in a platform agnostic manner.
- More than 150 SQL Servers are running in Virtualized environments with VMware DR procedures mixed with Always on, log shipping and storage level replication.
- Configuring VERITAS and Microsoft clustering for SQL Server.
- Installing and configuring ‘Always on’ for ’Share point’ databases in SQL 2012 for HA and DR strategy
- Database replication, scheduled database refresh using native, SQL Safe and EMC tools.
- Defined Installation standards for MS SQL, SSAS, SSRS, MySQL and Oracle, Provisioned and configured Several SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle instances
- Defined and implemented the Oracle monitoring in OEM.
- Migrating the database tier of several application from SQL /2008 and from 20
- DR implementation using EMC SRDF
- Coding the business logic in stored procedures, development of ETL procedures using DTS/SSIS and Informatica
- Change management support for application code changes using TRB/CAB/ITIL procedures.
- Defining and implementing maintenance procedures for databases, that included Indexing, Integrity checks and statistics updates.
- Migrating ‘SharePoint’ databases and reallocating blobs to separate file groups.
- Defining compliance standards for Databases using federal standards.
- Mentoring development team members about best practices.
- Configuring monitoring and troubleshooting tools from Idera SQL Elements, SQL Safe, and Diagnostic Manager.
- Ensuring compliance with ITIL procedures.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008/R2 2012, Oracle, MYSQL, SSAS and SSIS, MDX, Informatica, Share point, SAP, SAS, Idera SQL Safe & DM, Windows/Unix/Linux, Erwin, ITIL methodologies