- Workday Consultant with 7+ years of Functional and Technical experience in Business Analysis, Business Process Flows, Reporting and Integration
- Thorough understanding of HR processes such as recruiting, hiring, employee record maintenance, payroll, Benefits,, Pay Planning, Performance Management/Talent Management, Applicant Tracking / On - boarding, Manager / Employee self-service etc. Knowledge of diverse business domains comprising but not limited to HR, Payroll, Retail, Benefits, Quality Assurance, Banking and Property Appraisal
- Worked with end users to produce, analyze, communicate and authorize requirements using User interviews, Workshops, Observation and Existing systems documentation/procedures, JAD, JAR and Brainstorming sessions, identify Functional, Non-Functional, and Business Rules, and then subsequently model them
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Phases such as Requirement analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment with working knowledge in software development methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Waterfall across the span of various projects
- Involved in QA/Testing processes like User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and System Integration Testing (SIT).
- Project management experience includes Client management, Customer interaction, Scope definition, Project planning, and Change control, Integration and Release management
- Manage customer centric operations &ensure customer satisfaction by achieving quality service delivery, set expectations accordingly and timely escalations status reporting
- Skills related to GAP, SWOT, Cost benefit and Feasibility Analyses
- Understanding High Level requirement by using SIPOC Diagram via MS. Visio
- Experienced in analyzing and preparing Project Deliverables such as Business Requirement Document (BRD), User Requirement Specification (URS) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD)/ SRS and proposed changes for process improvement using Rational Requisite Pro with knowledge of Scrum Meetings and BABOK principles
- Ability to identify and articulate IT solutions that provide and desired business results with the ability to move cleanly from theoretical to implementation thinking
- Able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and project management in both the business and the technical areas, with the ability to keep discussions at the appropriate level of abstraction
Confidential, MichiganCity, IN
- Helped customer implement Workday Core HCM, Benefits, Payroll and Compensation.
- Setup Compensation Eligibility Rules based on compensation grades and job profiles.
- ObservethestandardsandproceduresestablishedbytheprojectofficeandTrackbusinessneedsduring development phases in Business Lifecycle.
- Help team in maintain functional configuration work books of the Workday application.
- Worked and detail knowledge on Workday HCM data conversion process.
- Participate in Workday Communities to remain connected with Workday and customers.
- Worked on Compensation Components and created compensation eligibility rules based on management levels, job profile and job family.
- Worked on creating Salary plans, Hourly plans and Allowance plans.
- Partiallyinvolvedincreatingbenefitplans,benefitgroups,benefiteligibility rules as per the client requirement and add them into enrolment plans and manage the enrolment rules.
- Generated Compensation Grade profiles to divide the grades into functional tasks, geographic regions and the required sub-categories for the business.
- Worked on creating Compensation Packages to group together the compensation guidelines and compensation plans that could be assigned to an employee all at once.
- Worked on Compensation Eligibility rules to set the required criteria so that there is automatic association of a group of employees with the selected compensation elements.
- Draft job aids and FAQs for system integration and workflow for Performance Management and Compensation module.
- Reestablished professional human resources department and reduced workers’ compensation costs served as chairman on companywide HRIS taskforce and published employee handbook.
- Managed job description and workflow of employee data for compensation module including job families, pay ranges, bonus scales, grading and supervisor setup.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting customer requirements, designing, tracking, reporting and analyzing key organizational and operational reports.
- Generate different kinds of reports - Simple, Advanced and Matrix reports to meet client requirements with in the workday tenant.
- Create calculated fields for Custom Reports to ensure required report delivery.
- Write reports that extract Workday data and manipulate the data in other formats for various needs.
- Reviewing design and build of the team members and mentor them.
- Involved in Production support.
Environment: Workday, EIB, Report Writer, ADP PayExpert, Document Transformation, Workday Web Services, Oxygen
Confidential, Columbia, MO
Workday HCM Consultant
- Experience with Workday security, the object-oriented structure, and the web services capabilities.
- Authored over 150 custom reports, 60+ integrations for positive pay, ACH, and expense reimbursements.
- Attended the Workday rising conferences and attended several of their classes to include calculated fields, report writing, Workday Studio, and EIB.
- Written reports that extract Workday data and manipulate the data in other formats for various needs.
- Worked on the creation of benefit plans, job profiles, and job families.
- Worked on Workday Compensations Process.
- Setup the organization on the iPhone Workday application, created reports that can be viewed on the iPad.
- Participate in and lead portions of complex Human Capital Transformation projects, and Payroll.
- Uses knowledge of HR business functions and involves the key players to identify and assessing operating needs and issues, and suggest IT solutions (possibly cross-functional or global) for one or more business function
- Build and implement efficient HR service delivery models and organizational designs using WorkDay
- Integrate Workday to packaged Softwares and custom applications using SOA
- Data migration of HCM data from Oracle 11i to Workday HCM Periodic Meeting and matrix tracking to update and status along with cost of project. Weekly project period tracing with report analysis
- Experience in software testing, Integrate WorkDay HCM Data with Salesforce.com
- Understanding of quality control processes, procedures and standards
- Clarified QA team issues and Reviewed test plans to make sure that all requirements will be covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Coordinated in performing Unit testing and Integration testing.
- Responsible for conducting weekly meetings with stakeholders and production group in order to meet milestones and highlight areas of concern
Environment: Workday, SQL, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, Windows XP/2000, Win Runner, Business Objects XI ( Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports), MS project, Excel, Dream Viewer
Confidential, Wilmington, NC
SAP HR Functional Consultant
- Involved in the documentation, upgrade, configuration, testing and post Go Live production support for HCM Modules
- Involved in configuration of ECM module - Budgeting, Compensation Plans - Merit, Bonus, Equity, Eligibility rules, guidelines, and program groupings
- Involved in configuration of Organizational and Performance Management, Organizational Structure, and Appraisals
- Responsible for high level client interactions and work with business to take initiative and plan/propose for enhancements in HR System. Post production support and end user
- Configuration of Enterprise & Personnel structure according to the client's requirements
- Configuration of Personnel Administration with respect to the requirement and client specifications
- Configuration of personal data infotypes, Org data like payroll area, org key and administrator groups
- Set up Evaluation basis - monitoring of task and date specification, Configuration of customizing procedure - Set up personnel actions, infotypes, infotype menu, action menu, infogroups, dynamic Actions, concurrent employment, customizing user interface by maintaining screen modifications and screen headers
- Configuration of Organizational Management with respect to the Requirement - Maintenance of number ranges, maintain object types and relationships, infotype maintenance, maintain evaluation paths, Org Structure creation and maintenance according to client company structure
- Configuration of Benefits Administration - Creation of Benefit area, plan attributes (plan types, plan status), creating benefit plan (health Plan, Savings Plan, insurance Plan, Miscellaneous Plans), Create options, create cost formulas, calculation/coverage rules for health plans and insurance plans, Employee and employer Contribution rules and variants for Savings plans, Investments, Retirement Service Plans, Company car data maintenance
- Configuration of Time Management i.e. Holiday Calendars, groupings, day types, work Schedules, time Data recording and administration, quota generation
- Configuration of Payroll - Components like wage types with relevant characteristics, Configuration of payroll infotypes, maintenance of payroll infotypes, Maintained payroll related features
- Configuration of and Event Management - Create Business Event Groups/Types and Business Events, Create new time schedules, Day types, Locations for the business events, Book employees provided in the Business Events, Upload records/s details
- Understanding of the complex ABAP reports and work closely with the technical team in the design and development of Z-reports. Development of functional requirements for any reports requiring ABAP/4 development
- LSMW Recording and Bulk data loads using LSMW and BDC
- HR Master Data maintenance and ensure flawless data in the system
- Applied knowledge in authorizations - Maintaining user profiles, Structural and General Authorizations and roles
- Interface Development and maintenance - Discussion with client for requirement gathering, designing real time interfaces, preparing detailed functional specs, working with ABAP resource during programming, interface testing, monitoring/maintaining batch input jobs related to data migration from SAP to various other systems and also from other interfaces to SAP and handling issues while interface failure
- Communicate development plans and critical defect resolution to customers
- Logging the defects, analyzing and resolving them
- Creating test scripts and scenarios and Coordinate end user acceptance process
- Coordinating and giving guidance in problem resolution, liaising with customer and coordinating business change
- Documentation of Transaction Aids, Functional Specifications, Configuration documents, User Manuals and operation manuals
- Coordinate and participate in weekly status calls with Client to discuss the status of change requests and new enhancements
- Worked with users and assisted payroll users during the year-end to correct and process year-end forms
- Created symbolic accounts, assigned relevant Wage types and posting to FICO
- Configured other India payroll specific forms like professional tax, provident fund and ESI
- Tested the Payroll part of the configuration thoroughly in unit testing, Integration testing and system testing. Created the test scripts to help the users test the System
- Prepared the documentation for the changes that were performed and created User manuals to assist the users
- Research job postings - user groups, job boards. Support recruitment efforts for corporate positions
- Reports in implementation of additional functionality as required
- Configured and maintained the features such as ABKRS for defaulting payroll area, LGMST for defaulting wage types, TARIF for defaulting pay-scale data
- Configured overtime calculations with changes in PCR’s
- Handling various activities of the project like information gathering, analyzing and documenting functional or business requirements
- Participate in company initiatives and work on special projects as assigned
- Providing regular status report to client and manager. Identify problem and bring them to supervisor attention with sufficient lead time to avert crises
- Worked closely with technical team and taking care of ABAP/Workflow/portal developments by creating and providing on time functional specifications
- Taking care of HR dashboard and action plan and Assisted in preparation of Business blueprint
- Document and presented findings on lessons learned from the implementations