Innovative, hands - on technology executive with an extensive track record of introducing strategic, transformational and innovative technology platforms to the marketing, sales and development of digital products for world class brands.Equally adept at engaging in strategic planning and high-level process and requirements analysis and design as well overseeing the technical design, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of marketing and Omnichannel commerce ecosystems, I have led a variety of teams and have represented a myriad of interests and stakeholders in enterprise initiatives to accelerate business growth and adapt to an ever-evolving consumer.
Specialties: Leadership capabilities include strategic planning, Agile transformations, Governance & security, team building, and business planning.
Technical specialties: ecommerce (Websphere Commerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Shopify, Hybris, Magento), content management (Go Publish, Sitecore,Adobe, Drupal), Frameworks (React.js, Angular.js, Node.js), SOA/ROA (webservices, API, Microservices), Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, Saas), AWS ( EC2, S3, Serverless - Gateway API, Lamda, DynamoDB, Aurora, Mongo DB, Bigdata - Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Snowplow, Machine Learning-MLLib), product design, omnichannel analytics, localization, and CRM/Campaign Management, software engineering and design. Expertise in mobile applications and infrastructure, new technologies (Blu-ray, 3D, media streaming, digital media asset management), systems integration (Oracle, WS ESB).
PROFESSIONAL CAREER HISTORY:
DirEctor digital engineering
Confidential, Glendale, CA
- Directed Software Engineering, DevOPs, QA and Customer Care departments (combined staff of 30.) Hired and mentored key employees (100% retention post acquisition.) Managed $7.5M operating budget.
- Established Agile Software Development methodologies (continuous integration, extreme programming, automated testing, scrum meetings), release management, application performance management, and escalation procedures.
- Spearheaded eCommerce headless approach by segregating website UI code (implementing UI Frameworks) and implementing Microservices architecture to access eCommerce and content management services (frontend - react, node.js-backend processing)
- Integrated Advanced digital services (Google Food ordering, I Have arrived, Order Ahead Dine In, Bring Your Own Device) to increase conversion rate and revenues using AWS Serverless technologies and Micro Services architecture
- Spearheaded OKTA IAM (Identity and Access Management) platform implementation to handle authentication/authorization for millions of customers (web and Apps). This enabled the business to grow faster, secure the environment and decrease costs & increase operational efficiency
- Spearheaded the design and implementation of Integration platform (ESB) to connect various systems and business applications with the latest apps for discovery, reservations, delivery, CRM loyalty, mobile ordering, payment and analytics
- Spearheaded Payment Evolution with in-house Merchant Link Payment integration (web & mobile), apple & google pay, OKTA payment integration (storing payment tokens) and gift card integrations
- Fully integrated NomNom mobile framework (React.js) to customize IOs, Android App experiences to achieve a best-in-class guest experience through deep personalization.
Director software development
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Spearheaded Confidential E-Commerce SOA optimization project to transition from inflexible proprietary platforms and expensive internal systems to open source software and flexible, auto-scalable commodity cloud-based hosting saving the business over $500K per year (Frontend Angular)
- Promoted software development organizational flexibility by segregating website UI code (Web/UI App) from Core services (IBM Commerce, Oracle Endeca) and enabled code deployment agility. This also includes SOA Optimization of Websphere Commerce, integration with MMM (My Merchandise Magic), integration with Marvel Shop and integration with payment processing (Chase Paymentech, Paypal, WorldPay and Stratus)
- Developed responsive mobile-first websites, RESTful APIs and applications using cutting edge enterprise technology such as angular.js, PHP, java, Oracke Endeca (CMS), HazleCast Caching, and a combination of SQL/NOSQL database solutions
- Successfully managed the technical roadmap to deliver ROPIS (Reserve Online and Pick up in Store), Subscriptions (monthly and yearly), EDO (Enhanced Delivery options) and Gift card online projects as part of continuous enhancements to eCommerce capabilities
- Instrumental in implementing Disney ID (GC2 Controller API) integration with Disney Store E-Commerce applications and migrating from Global Registration system.
- Designed and implemented Content architecture (Oracle Endeca) to provide content seamlessly to all eCommerce websites (Desktop, Mobile Web & Native Apps)
- Implemented Agile Software Development methodologies (continuous integration, extreme programming, automated testing, scrum meetings) using JIRA Agile, Scrum Board to manage development work in Sprints and Kanaban Board to prioritize and manage issues. Introduced automated testing for continuous integration (Jenkins and Cucumber)
- Guided essential ITIL based framework for providing IT services to the business, including configuration management, change management (asset configuration, change control process) and incident management (governance controls for approvals, scope change, RCAs) .
Sr manager of Technology
Confidential, Burbank, CA
- Manager of Enterprise Architecture accountable to drive the strategy, architecture and implementation of AFP Portal Migration project to migrate all existing AFP Web sites and new AFP Web sites to a common technology platform (Websphere Portal) that effectively leverage AFP enterprise service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Managed internal team of 35-50 and vendor-based team of 15-20 individuals.
- Controlled and managed $3-5M annual budget.
- Established procedures and processes to ensure efficient management and movement of code throughout the AFP eBusiness server environments.
- Created database schema to store and retrieve user information; implemented design procedures for portal applications based on service oriented architecture (SOA).