- ServiceNow consultant with around 8 years of experience implementing and supporting ITSM Process like Service Request Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, Demand & Release Management, Configuration Management (CMDB) in ServiceNow, ServiceNow Integrations and Custom Applications.
- Experience in working with Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Policies, UI Scripts, UI Actions, UI Pages, Script Includes, Background Scripts, ACL’s, Plug - ins, System Properties and Reported.
- Have experience in working on Dublin, Eureka, Fuji, Helsinki and Jakarta Versions.
- Proficient in SOA and Web Services and REST &SOAP concepts.
- Expertise in designing and developing custom orchestration activities to automate business process.
- Managing data with SN tables, CMDB import sets Discovery tools, Users, Groups and roles.
- Good knowledge of Discovery, MID Server Architecture, Probes, Sensors, Identifiers & Business Rules.
- Proficient in creating Service Catalog and Request Workflow design and configuration.
- Hands - on experience in implementation of various IT processes on ServiceNow such as Incident and Problem Management, Change Management, HR Catalog, Service Catalog, PPM and other ServiceNow modules.
- Reviewed the security architecture of the organization to find gaps that impact the enterprise. Provided comprehensive solutions to enhance the security architecture
- Streamlining record producers to reduce drill down & improve visibility for reporting business services issues.
- Great IT Service Management (ITSM) experience in Service Catalog, Requirement Fulfillment, Self Service Portal, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Learning Management on ServiceNow platform.
- Experience with ServiceNow upgrade projects: Eureka to Fuji, Fuji to Geneva and Geneva to Helsinki.
- Experience gathering and documentation of requirements, acceptance criteria and other artifacts using the SDLC application in ServiceNow.
- Performed QA testing: impersonating PO, Service Owners and End Users to perform User Acceptance Testing in UAT during the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Engaged in ServiceNow requirements (Technology Services, On-boarding services etc.) for application development, design and deployment.
- Worked in an agile-scrum environment where documentation, attention to detail, and team collaboration is required. Significant project management experience and high attention to detail.
- Performed Business Requirements gathering, data validation & data mapping review, Business Process flow, Business Process Modeling.
- Exceptional working experience in GAP analysis and understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes.
- Adept with different software development methods (SDLC) like Water Fall and Agile (SCRUM) Method.
- Excellent skills in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) for eliciting functional requirements that support the High-Level business requirements.
- Experience using different tools: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio to design flowcharts. Prepare mock ups to help facilitate communication of different processes/concepts to stakeholders.
- Experience communicating with different stakeholders across the organization on the Business side and the Technical/Engineering side.
- Experience in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Excellent knowledge of the Agile / Scrum and Waterfall methodologies for Software Development Life Circle (SDLC).
ITSM Tools: ServiceNow, ITSM Suite, HP Service Manager, HP Asset Manager
Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2005
Application Servers: IIS 5.0, Apache, Tomcat, Web-logic
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 2008/XP, UNIX
J2EE: JSP, Servlets, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JNDI, JMS MS Office, MS Excel
Senior Service Now Consultant
Confidential, Richfield, MN
- Worked with process owners and business stakeholders to translate business requirements into functional requirements within ServiceNow and proposing resolution and design suggestions.
- ServiceNow instance core setup and configuration and customizations.
- Design and Development of Applications and modules to deliver the client’s business requirements.
- Timely support to resolve any implementation and performance issues reported on tool.
- Design and Configuration of workflows for multiple type of changes as per the Change Advisory Board requirements as part of the Change Management modules.
- Wrote Business Rules, Client scripts, UI Policies and UI Actions to customize the instance as per Business needs
- Configuration of Email Notifications and Alerts to notify users about specific activities in the system
- Developed custom probes and sensors to update the CMDB through ServiceNow Discovery.
- Involved in the initiative for upgrading the ServiceNow from Fuji to Helsinki version and Helsinki to Jakarta version successfully.
- Integrated Confidential Incident management with UNISYS Service request management system (SRMS) using web services like SOAP API.
- Designed and developed a custom orchestration activity in ServiceNow to automate Oracle Password Reset.
- Assisted in the writing and review of organizational security policies to support internal control (access management, contingency planning & testing, Security Awareness, intrusion detection, Patch Management, Anti-Virus, etc.)
- Reviewed security logs to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and identifies potential anomalies.
- Involved in the Knowledge Management, Problem Management, Incident Management, and Demand & Release Management enhancements.
- Facilitated the continuous service improvements with in Incident Management, Change Management and Service Request Management modules.
- Performed environmental promotional activities from Devto Stage and Test.
- Created monthly metric reports for IT management teams and assist with scheduling data exports to application owners.
- Designed various custom ServiceNow reports for enhancing higher level management for monitoring the performance of various support teams.
- Worked with application owners to update workflow tasks and approvals for automated processes.
- Well versed with SCRUM SLDC methodology to develop the custom features in ServiceNow tool.
- Suggested the best practices of ServiceNow and ITIL processes across various business groups.
Sr. Service Now Analyst
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Used scripting tools and ServiceNow functionality create script to automate routine tasks being done in ServiceNow.
- Received specifications from the IT department to deliver a product/release that meets the needs presented.
- Created business requirements, technical specifications documents, created use case documents, created test cases and managed project work cycles as a member of the ServiceNow development team.
- Acted as Sr. Business Analyst on projects for development and implementation of process for the software ServiceNow.
- Researched and Deployed new releases and/or enhancements into the ServiceNow live environment.
- Works directly with Management to align ServiceNow with IT organization strategy and adherence to ITIL Foundation requirements.
- Liaised with business units and interfaced with stakeholders to prioritize requirements based on business needs in ServiceNow modules.
- Provided guidance and advice to project team on ITIL conformance and best practices for ServiceNow projects.
- Applied PMI processes for all Cyber Security projects, redesigned cyber security processes through BRP, and used Six Sigma for quality enhancement on multiple cyber projects.
- Deployed a change management process on ServiceNow, assess organizational needs and execute plans to ease the organization through technological cultural transformation. Establish division communication and engagement strategy.
- Coordinated relationships business & technical teams to detail user stories (requirements) to be approved for Sprint & Release plans through ServiceNow SDLC.
- Ensured development opportunities on ServiceNow platform are identified to meet evolving business needs and align with key business strategies.
- Partnered with stakeholders to drive faster adoption, greater utilization and higher proficiency of ServiceNow system.
- Document/run reports and present the business applications in graphs and PowerPoint presentations.
- Interpreted data for the telecommunications department and analyzed using statistical techniques and provided ongoing reports.
- Adapt to changing business needs and respond/react accordingly to support the customers' requirements.
- Created application instances such as Prod, Stage, Dev, Test, QA etc., and create relationships to the integration, databases, Database instances, servers, etc.
- Worked with application owners to verify information on each application, capturing data and learning everything about the application by asking detailed analytical follow-up questions.
- Maintained ITSM ServiceNow applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, Request, Demand.
- Followed a customized version of the ITIL processes as it pertains to company culture.
- Configuration/Customization of the ServiceNow system including workflows.
- Load, manipulate and maintain data between ServiceNow and other systems.
- Created reports and configured tailored scripts to update application forms.
- Maintained Requirements traceability in ServiceNow SDLC module.
Service Now Consultant
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
- Created key artifacts to accurately capture problem statements & support technical teams, including but not limited to use cases, user stories, user acceptance criteria, functional & configuration specifications & technical diagrams in ServiceNow.
- Performed periodic review of Email notification & templates for Problem, Incident, and Service Catalog etc.
- Reviewed existing IT processes in ServiceNow to identify areas of improvements & enhancements.
- Participated in testing, issue resolution, support the implementation check-out process and facilitate the development of all procedural documentation and manuals.
- Performed requirements gathering, write and manage highly complex requirements for large application development projects on ServiceNow.
- Identified project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in system requirements.
- Conducted the full SDLC lifecycle to implement ServiceNow Software and Hardware Asset Management and integrated it with an external discovery tool.
- Re-mediated issues on applications and make sure updates are done in ServiceNow. Troubleshoot and perform corrective action on the IT Service Management software HP Service Manager and ServiceNow.
- Created business requirements, create use case documents, create SBAR documents, create test case and manage project work cycles as a member of the core implementation team.
- Monitored the migration of BMC Remedy with ServiceNow and developing ITSM/ITIL processes, roles, business procedures to support (ITSM) best practices.
- Managed configuration/customization of ServiceNow such as Single-Sign-On, Dashboard, workflow administration, SLA management, Report setup, data imports, Knowledge management tool as per the need of the business.
- Managed the quarterly upgrades of ServiceNow tool. Conduct full software development life cycle for customized applications including requirement analysis, design, coding, testing, and activities.
- Created and wrote the MySQL query to import data from the external discovery tool database into the CMDB for configuration and data analysis of the imports, and to insure there were no gaps or issues.
- Elicited and facilitated functional and technical documentation for new product and enhancement releases.
- Developed and facilitated quality assurance strategies which included test plans, test cases, user acceptance testing, unit and system testing.
- Conducted analysis and ad-hoc database queries for end user requests and supported end users during business hours or as needed.
- Worked closely with clients, engagement managers and software developers to analyze system and business requirements to create and develop high quality, user centered solutions, web page job aids and tutorials, with emphasis on usability, consistency and aesthetics.
- Worked with the business Stakeholders and SME' Confidential to define business requirements and analyze the functional requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions with stakeholders, developers and administration for eliciting requirements. Also managed the meeting sessions with SME’ Confidential from various departments like accounting, reporting and IT development.
- Performed requirements gathering and validate requirements with process owners for process enhancement.
- Collected, reviewed, analyzed & managed backlogs (user stories & defects) from process owners and Service Owners.
- Responsible for Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, Business Process Modeling and Business Analysis with Document and Records Management.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with management, users and other stakeholders to define the project and to reduce the turn-around time of deliverables.
- Prepared and presented Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Coordinated the procurement of materials, products/services and equipment necessary for the operation of the business unit or assigned projects.
- Reviewed Change Requests & approve changes to ensure all changes conform to Change Management standard as summarized in Change Management grid along with SOX documentation review and scheduling of the change.
- Assessed xml files and used MySQL, Perl, SVN to assure correct information was responding to the front-end user interface code.