- Chief BI/Enterprise Architect at Measured Intelligence.
- My career has spanned over 25 years of excellence within the IT Industry and included projects with Microsoft, the Department of Defense, leading companies within the insurance industry, healthcare industry, Best Western Hotels International, and a myriad of consulting engagements.
- I am currently studying Data Science at John Hopkins University. My goal is to expand my body of knowledge in the areas of machine learning, data mining, analytics and data visualization. I am very excited about the prospects of combining this newly gained knowledge with my current expertise in data warehousing, MDM, data mining, and predictive analytics.
- I bring a sense of polish, professionalism, and intellect to every project along with a passion for providing the best solution possible.
Languages/Development Tools: R, TSQL, SSIS, SSAS, MDX, SSRS, Master Data Services (MDS), Data Quality Services (DQS), Excel BI Components, ASP.NET, C#, ANSI SQL, Tableau
Azure Cloud Technology: Unstructured, Structured, and big data storage solutions including Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL, Azure Parallel warehouse. AI, Cognitive Services, machine learning. Migration of data from on - premise to cloud, as well as hybrid solutions using both.
Traditional Enterprise Solutions: Full Confidential BI Stack comprised of SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS MDS, DQS, Performance Point Server, Excel Power Pivot, Data Mining, and MDS Components; MOSS, SharePoint Services
Architecture: .NET, Web Services, SOA, ESB, Kimball BI Methodology (star schema) data warehouses, Data Mining Models, Master Data Management, OLTP (Online Transactional Processing - Normalized Transactional Database), OLAP (Online Analytical Processing - Dimensional and Tabular Model), Tableau Data Model
Infrastructure: Windows all versions, Azure Active Directory, On-Premise Active Directory, ADAM, Identity Information Server
Databases: Confidential SQL Server all versions, Azure SQL, Azure Data Warehouse, Informix, Oracle, Teradata, and MS Access
Project Management and Design: Visio, Visual SourceSafe, Team Foundation Server, Project Server, MS Project, Erwin, VSTS 2010 through 2017 Ultimate Editions, VSTS 2008 Tester and Database Edition, GIT
Other Areas of Expertise: Data analysis and visualization using R, Data Mining, and Azure Machine Learning, MDX, Master Data Management with MDS and DQS, Kimball methodology for Data Warehouse/Dimensional Modeling since 1996, design fully normalized OLTP databases that can handle high volume transactions that feed to OLAP/Cubes.
Enterprise/Data/BI Solution Architect
- Measured Intelligence specializes in high-end, Business intelligence (BI) solutions using the Confidential BI stack both on premise and in the Azure cloud.
- The solutions include Master Data Management, ETL/ELT with Azure Data Factory, AI/machine learning, as well as reporting with Power BI, and Reporting Services.
- The services in the Azure cloud are constantly evolving. I frequently go the Confidential headquarters to attend hands-on seminars and classes to keep current with what’s happening in Azure, the trends, and how to plan for the future technology.
- Most of the projects involved addressing special needs including high-availability/high-transaction volume needs on the transactional/data collection side of the house and designing and developing a real-time/analytics and data mining solutions for the decision support side of the house.
Measured Intelligence Enterprise/Data/BI Architect
- Designed and developed BI/Data warehouse in Azure.
- Set up Master Data Management System using MDS and DQS.
- The MDM system is used to standardize master data across seventy-two countries.
- Power BI and Azure Machine learning is being used at the headquarters in France to assess the state of the business worldwide.
- Before we completed the MDM portion of the project, we began identifying revenue sources that had been previously overlooked.
- We initially identified over $40 million in revenue that was owed from the government that had been overlooked due to inability to extract detailed information that was required to submit the claims.
- The data warehouse and MDM system was deployed to the AZURE cloud.
- I Designed and developed a Master Data Management (MDM) system using SQL Server Master Data Services (MDS) and Data Quality Services (DQS) to improve data quality and enable removal of duplicates.
- The first domains that were implemented in the Master Data Management system were Providers and Patients.
- This system revolutionized the way Confidential manages Providers by integrating provider information from multiple disparate sources and affiliate partners.
- They are now able to mine information to assist in recruiting provider specialties where coverage is currently limited or non-existent.
- Also, with the new MDM system, a single patient’s healthcare information can be consolidated from multiple affiliates to better manage healthcare and eliminate duplication of healthcare efforts. By getting a complete picture of the patient’s healthcare activities, the quality of healthcare is improved all while reducing cost by eliminating duplication of efforts.
- Designed and developed a data warehouse to manage the Medicare & Medicaid Shared Savings Program (MSSP) program across all of Confidential as well as allied clinics in the region.
- This warehouse utilizes SSIS to load all monthly files received from Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), SSRS for reporting, SSAS for analytics and data mining, and Master Data Services for Master Data Management.
- This data warehouse is used for datamining and analytics to help determine which patients would benefit from intervention to help prevent re-hospitalizations, or worsening of chronic disease states.
- I designed and developed a Master Data Management (MDM) System with SQL Server 2012.
- The MDM system manages over 50 million SKUs as well as venders, customers, clients, and other enterprise data.
- Reporting and Analytics done with SSRS and Tableau.
- Design and develop a supply chain workflow system using Windows Workflow 3.5 (WF) and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) in C#.
- Design a normalized, data collection/OLTP system that provides high-availability (5-9's) and is able to handle high-volume transactions ( transactions per second), as well as import those high volume transaction into the BI system
- ADO.Net Entity Framework was used as a layer of abstraction between the normalized, relational database and the front end applications.
- Design and develop a BI system that provides analytics and data mining into the new workflow system, as well as all aspects of their sales and marketing activities.
- Designed and developed a solution prototype including SSAS, Performance Point Server, Excel BI Components, SSIS
- Demoed Solution Prototype to Arizona Governor and Governor's Council
- Demoed Solution Prototype to Arizona State Senate in order to gain further funding for the project
- Provided monthly reports to the National Council on as to progress of project
- Developed 3 year project plan
- Architected BI Solution from data collection through final data analysis, data mining and reporting
- Managed the development project
Project Technologies: SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSAS, MDX, Data Mining, SSRS, Performance Point Server, Excel BI Components, Team Foundation Server, Project Server, VB.net, C#.net
- Review the output of the clients initial analysis
- Agree upon architectural decisions
- Work together with the client Hotels Project Manager to determine logical work packages for completion
- Validation and modification suggestions for ETL Architecture which includes:
- Validate architecture for data cleansing, purge and prepare for and mirror 1 year of data in preparation for reporting
- Validate architecture for on-going handling of data aging
- Validate architecture for current ETL process from Oracle databases to ODS
- Include possibility for real-time/or near real time analysis of data from the ODS
- Determine business objectives in order to design appropriate method for real time analysis
- Provide resource(s) to assist in development, testing, and implementation/deployment of ETL solution
- Provide assistance with data cleansing, purge and archive of data older than 3 years
Project Technologies: SQL Server 2005, SSIS, SSAS, MDX, Data Mining, SSRS, Performance Point Server, Excel BI Components, Team Foundation Server, Project Server, VB.Net, C#.net
- Design and implement architecture to load and process data
- Load and process 5 years of historical data (about 1.5 terabytes/year)
- Load and process current data 70-100 million records/day (including real-time access to certain data)
- Querying and Analyzing data
- Design and implement aggregations and MDX queries to best support access of the 4 8 terabytes of data
- Design and implement architecture to support up to 10,000 users
- Design and implement architect to support changes to dimension data.
- Compare and document advantages/disadvantages of implementing Type I vs. Type II dimensional data
- Developed new SSAS core functionality which was put into SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2
Project Technologies: SQL Server 2005 SSIS, SSAS, VB.Net, and Oracle
- Designed a complex HR system that uses Confidential BizTalk to orchestrate process flow across all of the divisions within the Dept. of Economic Security, as well as coordinate communication with federated servers across other state departments.
- Consulted to each of the divisions on strategies for data mining, warehousing, and business intelligence, as well as provided upfront analysis on large scale projects. Some of the artifacts that I produced from my analysis included a work-flow diagram, data flow diagrams, project work plans, state diagrams, and an alternatives analysis that compared different types of implementation methodologies.
- In addition to designing systems, provided research information to executive staff on recent technological advances as well as proposals for future direction based on technological trends that would support the vision of the Director. As part of my presentation and recommendations, I designed and developed prototypes to demonstrate the capabilities and possible applications of the new technology, as well as a complete cost-benefit analysis including ROI, detailed financial analysis, and a cost of ownership analysis (formerly referred to as TCO).
- Designed and developed an enterprise security model that supports all internet technology at DES. The model encompasses areas such as single-sign on, and intranet and internet security that accomplished authentication and authorization with new security and ID management technology, and security for mainframe systems.
Project Technologies: SQL Server 2000 & 2005, SSIS, SSAS, MDX, Data Mining, SSRS, Biz Talk Server, Excel BI Components, Team Foundation Server, Project Server