- Over 6.5 years of IT experience including both the functional and technical sides of Data warehouse engagements and Expertisewith Business Intelligence Tools like Business Objects,Crystal Reports and Crystal Xcelsius
- Expertise in Crystal Reports 2008/XIR2/10/9/8/7, Business Objects XIR4/XIR3/R2/R1/6.5/6.1/6.0/5.1 ,CMC, Designer, Info view, Web-Intelligence XI/6.0/2.7,Supervisor, Auditor, Application Foundation Dashboard Manager, Application Foundation 6.0/2.5 & Dashboard Manager, Business Objects Reporting, Business Objects SDK, Web-I SDK, OLAP, OLTP, Broadcast Agent, Publisher
- Expertise in Application Development & Programming with substantial exposure to Quality Assurance Methodologies, and contributed in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) including Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance on various platforms like UNIX, Windows NT/2000/XP/98
- Excellent ability in writing specifications and gathering requirements from the user to develop Crystal Reports as per the needs of the client and maintain documentation of the reports for future reference
- Worked with Crystal Report XIR2/2008 for creating complicated reports including parameter based reports, graphical reports, sub-reports, formula based, well-formatted reports, analysis reports, drilling reports, data reports along with LOV
- Involved in Investigating and troubleshooting bugs in Crystal Reports, identifying bugs and reporting to Product Development team
- Extensively used Business Objects Reporting functionalities such as Master Detailed, Slice and Dice, Drilling methodology, Filters, Ranking, Sections, Graphs and Breaks
- Expertise in using Import Wizard to migrate reports and universes between different environments like development, testing and production
- Extensively used Central Management Console (CMC) in setting up security in BOXIR2, creating users and user groups, folders, publishing reports, providing restricted access to the users as needed and also managing security configuration for various reports and universe in both development and production environment
- Experienced in working with Business Explorer (BEx) and publishing the reports on web using Web Reporting tools
- Experienced in Using Business View Manager and solving any administration and production issues that are escalated to the development team, to have minimal impact on delivery of new reports
- Working Experience on creating dashboards using Crystal Xcelsius 2008/4.5/3.0 by importing data files to create the visualization utilizing QAAWS
- Good understanding of the Data Integrator Designer, Repository Manager, Server Manager, local repositories, central repositories
- Involved in developing Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Modeling, Logical and Physical Data modeling Dimension tables and Dimensional modeling using Erwin tool
- Extensive experience in Performance Tuning Measures like using of Aggregate Tables, and Shortcut Joins to improve performance of SQL queries and ETL process
- Experience in Migrating Universes, Reports to newer versions and documenting the whole process during the project life cycle
- Migrated Business Objects environment from Business Objects Enterprise 6.1 to XIR2 and also from XIR2 to XIR3
- Expert in SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 (database triggers, materialized views, In-line views, Packages, stored procedures, functions, and database constraints) and Oracle 10g/9i/8i
- Expertise in writing and implementing packages, triggers, stored procedures, functions, views, materialized views, indexes at Database level using PL/SQL and oracle
- Tested business objects reports for data validation and compared results with TOAD
- Experience in gathering customer requirements and functional requirements and converting them to technical requirements
- Aptitude for analyzing, testing, identifying problems and creating solutions, excellent time management skills, good team player with excellent communication skills
Bachelor of Technology in Electronics & Communication
Crystal Reports 2008/XI/10/9/8, Business Objects XIR4/XIR3/R2/6.5/5.x/4.x, Xcelsius 4.5/2008, Web-Intelligence 6.5/2.x,SQL Server Reporting Services, CMC Performance Management, Lawson Business Intelligence.
WINDOWS NT, 95/98, 2000, UNIX, Sun Solaris, HP-UNIX
ORACLE 10g/9i/8i,MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 andMS-ACCESS2000, DB2, DB2 UDB.
Dimensional Data Modeling (Star Schema, Snow-Flake, FACT,
Dimensions), Physical and Logical Data Modeling, Entities, Attributes, Cardinality, ER Diagrams, ERWIN 6.1/4.5/3.5,MS Visio, DB Designer
Visual Basic 6.0, JSP, ASP, SQL Navigator
SQL and PL/SQL, C, C++, Data Structures, ASP.NET, Java.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Business Objects Developer/Designer
Nov'10 - Present
Confidential, has one of the Longest Oil & Gas pipeline running from South to North America with significant reserves. This project was to develop Business Intelligence Reports and design Universes that allows EP Energy to create value by generating competitive returns from capital reserves and optimizing the existing asset base.
- Involved in interacting with users, gathering and analyzing source data for enterprise data warehouse schemas.
- Converted Business ObjectsXIR4 & XIR3 Deski Reports to Webi Reports using Report Conversion Tool.
- Administered BOBJ Security settings and setting up user, user groups and application security
- Worked on Promoting, migrating and upgrading content between multiple Business Objects environments
- Created Universes (Joins, cardinality) by creating connections for different data sources.
- Developed contexts, alias to resolve the loop in designing the universes
- Created Classes and Objects for management system based on the warehouse schema in Universe.
- Designed Derived Tables in the Universe using views and stored procedures to meet the Reporting Requirements.
- Designed aggregated tables on the most frequently queried data for Monthly & Yearly based reports.
- Created hierarchies for drilldown paths.
- Created index awareness and aggregated tables to increase the performance
- Written SQL Queries and created Views for Operational and Analytical reports.
- Experienced in Tuning SQL Statements and Procedures for enhancing the load performance in various schemas across databases.
- Created Reports using Web Intelligence, used multiple sources to create reports, Combined Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross tab and Master Detail Reports.
- Created Reports using all the BO functions like Drill Down, Prompts, Dimensional and Measure variables to show accurate Results.
- Created alerts, filters, sorting and inserted Breaks in designing reports.
- Converted report data into charts (pie charts, bar charts, scatter charts)
- Used prompts and cascading Prompts to make the reports confined to a particular case as per the business Requirement.
- Developed Web Intelligence reports for Sales and Sub-Sales reports for Daily, Weekly, MTD and YTD.
- Developed the reports by using different data retrieval methods: Business Objects Universes, Personal Data Files and Free Hand SQL methods and XML files.
- Generated Reports from Different Data Providers in Business Objects using Oracle Database
- Conducted training sessions to educate users about using the Business Objects tools
- Exported the Reports to the repository to schedule them in Broadcast Agent Server and sent the scheduled reports via Email, Text and Excel formats.
- Created Hyperlinks using OpenDoc functionality for Summary Report to Detail report analysis.
- Extensively worked on QueryAsAWebService (QAAWS) while getting the query data from Business Objects Enterprise to Xcelsius2008
- Created Dashboards using Xcelsius 2008 based on the Requirement
- Created Parent - Child reports using Hyperlinks.
- Prepared Documentation to understand how the reports will work and how to use the functionality with step by step.
Environment:Business Objects XIR4/XI R3/XIR2, Crystal Enterprise XI/2008, Crystal Xcelsius 2008, SQL SERVER 2005, Oracle 9i/10g, Teradata, Web Intelligence XI R2, Windows Server 2003
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Business Objects Admin/Developer
June'09 - Oct'10
Confidential, Financials is a Registered Investment Advisor that helps more than 350 of the world\'s leading institutional investment managers increase portfolio performance by providing timely—and time-saving—global buy and sell recommendations, customized independent research, and market advice.As part of this project created new webi reports, made enhancements to existing reports as per business Users requirements from Finance, GSS, Operations and Purchase Order domains.
- Installed and Configured Business Objects on Both Client and Server Installations.
- Involved in Migrating Business Objects system from version Business Objects6.5 to Business ObjectsXI R2.
- Interacted with Business Users to understand their Business needs to effectively develop and modify Universes and Reports.
- Created new reports after gathering the requirements from business user or modifying the existing ones using Business Objects XI R2.
- Converted reports from 6.5.1 to XIR2 using the report conversion tool.
- Created Web Intelligence documents and published them to corporate documents to share the resources between the user communities.
- Deployed Business Objects Universes and Reports in a Secure Environment from One Server to Other Servers using Import Wizard.
- Migrated number of reports from Dev /Test to Production environments.
- Designed, developed, deployed and maintained universes using Business Objects designer.
- Created/Administered users/user groups, privileges in Supervisor/CMC
- Implemented single sign-on & security layer with row level restrictions.
- Implemented row level Security, object level Security at the Universe level for security purpose using Central Management Console.
- Created Derived Tables in the Universe using views and stored procedures to meet the Reporting
- Created different dashboards according to the requirement.
- Scheduled reports through Broadcast Agent for automation on timely fashion.
- Scheduled reports for specific users and tested.
- Modified domain connections and upgraded database client middleware drivers.
- Migrated Universes to new repository and re defined all universe connections.
- Working with database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Analyzed SQL code to ensure Business Objects queries to correct data from the database.
- Trained the end users in working with the Business Objects user module and provided technical expertise.
- Worked on various Data Integrator jobs to change the current mapping of the existing tables or adding new table in the database creating data flow for them.
- Performed integrity testing of the Universes (Universe Structure checking, Object parsing, Joins parsing, Conditions parsing, Cardinalities checking, Loops checking and Contexts checking) after any modifications to them in terms of structure, classes, and objects.
- Set up Aggregate Awareness to enhance the performance of SQL transactions.
- Tuned and Enhanced Universes with SQL Queries for the Report Performance.
- Tuning the queries to improve the performance of the report refresh time.
- Wrote Complex SQL Queries for Data validation purpose.
Environment:Business Objects 6.5/XI R2, Crystal Enterprise XI/X, SQL SERVER 2005/2008, Oracle 10g, Web Intelligence XI R2, Windows Server 2003, SQL PLUS, TOAD, Solaris
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Business Objects and Crystal Reports Developer
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals is a leading manufacturer, packager, marketer and supplier of pharmaceutical products. Data sources consist of corporate applications for Customer Order Administration, Financial Accounting, Production Planning, and Controlling.
- Designed and developed Standard Reports, Sub-Reports, charts, parameterized reports, conditional and dynamic reports using Crystal Reports 8.5.
- Highly Proficient in designing, development, modification and testing of Crystal Reports.
- Managed Crystal Enterprise/ Seagate Info reports repository with automatic versioning and scheduled reports accordingly with the data updates.
- Designed and developed Crystal Reports which included standard reports, cross-tab reports, summary reportsaccording to the requirements. These reports used complex Crystal formulas, Selection Criteria and Sub Reports.
- Developed various charts and graphs like Bar chart (side by side, stacked), line graphs, pie chartsetc by using chart expert utility of Crystal reports.
- Create different type of crystal reports including: Cross-tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Top N and Sub reports.
- Provided training to end users to use various functionalities to use in Crystal Reports
- Created parameterized Crystal Reports using Charts, Cross-Tab, Sub-reports and Running totals
- Involved in all phases of migration from Crystal Enterprise 10 to XI R2.
- Stress tested the crystal enterprise servers to determine ideal configuration for the best performance.
- Experienced with converting SSRS reports to Crystal Reports and migrated Crystal Report to higher version.
- Developed Crystal Reports from different data sources like Oracle, MS SQL Server and MS Access.
- Tested and Validate Crystal Reports data for accuracy in UAT environment
- Developed SQL queries in SQL command, Views, Cursors and Stored Procedure to reduce crystal report processing time and efficient performance
- Migration of Business Objects Universes, Reports and Crystal reports across multiple environments including Development, Production.
Environment: Crystal Reports 10/9, Business objects 5/6, Universe Designer, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Infoview, Unix, Microsoft Excel, SQL Server 2005, DB2, PL /SQL, SQL,TOAD
Confidential, Hyderabad, India
Jr. Business Objects Developer
Feb'07 - Dec'07
Confidential, a diversified Financial Services Company providing banking, Insurance, investments, mortgage and consumer finance to the world. The project involved developing universes, building reports and co-ordinate with three different teams in different sites to ensure report synchronization. The project was to build the universes from the various data marts such as customer data, demographic data, marketing analysis, media planning, and Business competitor's data for the reporting needs of sales team, marketing team and customer support team.
- Reports were mainly related to the production environment and dealt with different aspects like Yield, Loss, Work in Progress which made use of current as well as historic data.
- Interacting with end Users, to know their requirements and develop/modify Universe and Reports accordingly.
- Developed and created classes with Dimension, Detail & Measure Objects and specified the hierarchies.
- Created the reports using Business Objects functionalities like Combined Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, @Functions, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulae etc.
- Generated report using Web Intelligence (thin client) and full client.
- Worked extensively on distribution, maintenance, and optimization of universes for Business Objects and Web Intelligence deployments.
- Inserted data from different data sources to meet the needs of the client in comparing targets and sales.
- Effective use of Open document to link reports.
- Reports were published and scheduled for daily refreshing.
- Implemented security for the end users based on groups and permissions.
- Trained the end users in working with the Business Objects user module and Desktop Intelligence
- Create new repositories and update connections and features.
- Created Dash Boards for senior executives for business decision making.
Environment:Business Objects 6.5.1, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Crystal reports 9, Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2000, PL/SQL, TOAD, Windows NT/2003.
Quality Analyst/Business Objects Developer
June'06 - Dec'07
Dr. Reddy laboratories is one of India's leading pharmaceutical companies with a track record of new markets, novel partnerships, strategic acquisitions, deep customer-centricity, and a sustained focus on building our distinctive capabilities.The main aim of the project is toprovide updated reports of the company, which deals in the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals and hasthe distribution points of the same in over 25 cities, across the country.
- Designed and created Universes by defining Joins, Cardinalities between tables.
- Created several Classes, Objects, Conditions, and Measure objects.
- Resolved Loops in Universe by creating Aliases,Contexts and Aggregate Awareness to remove dependencies.
- Created reports using Business Objects functionalities like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, @functions, Cross tab, Chart,Master/Detail, Formulas, etc.
- Created hierarchies in Universe and added Objects to support Drill down in Webi Reports.
- Developed Standard Reports, Charts, Drill Through Reports, Cross tab Reports, List Reports, Summary Reports, and Multi Object Reports.
- Used Webi functions like breaks, alerter and hide blocks in developing reports.
- Exported Business Objects reports to Web Intelligence to be published on the Intranet and created thin client reports through Info View.
- Written queries to retrieve data from Oracle database for multi-dimensional analysis using Slice & Dice and Drill up/down functionality.
- Troubleshooting complex client business intelligence issues in development, test and production environments.
- Developed On - Demand Sub Reports, Parameter Reports and Drilldown Sub Reports.
- Created numerous Alerts that are executed based upon certain conditions.
- Created reports like, reports Monthly paper bill Reports, reports by period, demographic reports.
- Created standard reports, cross-tab Reports using Crystal reports 9.0.
- Published reports on the web using Crystal Enterprise9.0 and Crystal reports 9.0.
- Extensively involved in using of formula fields, parameter fields, Group selection, and record selection in Crystal reports.
- Exported reports to different formats (Excel, PDF) based on the user requirements.
- Provided Production Support which involves solving user problems.
- Prepared Best Practices Documentation for Authoring & for Developing Reports.
- Prepared User documentation to train users and functionality of each report.
Environment: Business objects 5, Universe Designer, Desktop Intelligence, Supervisor, Unix, Microsoft Excel, SQL Server 2005, PL /SQL.