An innovative and dynamic senior manager with an excellent track record in providing leadership and results for the design, development, and delivery of cost effective and high performance technology solutions for Business Intelligence, Data Management and Data Warehousing; with over 15 years of creating strategic technology plans that are aligned with company strategies to successfully deliver business objectives.
Confidential, 2011 2012
Director Business Intelligence
- Manages 12 staff responsible for developing and implementing business intelligence systems and solutions for the largest not-for-profit home healthcare organization in the United States
- Leading $11M strategic change management initiative to build analytics as a core competency for VNSNY. Design, develop, and implement new enterprise-wide data warehouse and business intelligence solution.
- Designing extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) frameworks and business intelligence systems to support fully interactive reports and dashboards on multiple mobile devices, including the iPhone and iPad
- Guiding change management efforts to redesign analyst roles, implement service level agreements, and deliver effective communications.
- Integrating complex data from disparate sources into a data warehouse that serves as a central source repository catering to users across the organization
- Attending monthly meetings with senior management (COO, CIO, CFO, divisional presidents) to resolve issues and make decisions for the organization
Confidential, 2007 - 2011
Senior Manager IT Solutions
- Manages team of 50 staff members supporting business initiatives across sales, marketing, manufacturing, logistics, procurements, finance, and human resource divisions for a global market leader within the contact center, data networking, and unified communications space.
- Directed a $14M client-funded initiative to combine the businesses of Nortel and Avaya, including integrating data sources into a data warehouse, streamlining business logic for hardware, licensing, and operations into one model, and migrating application support responsibilities to off-shore resources
- Implemented a global Defend and Growth initiative to provide sales executives with detailed customer information to identify opportunities for quote generation, resulting in $18M and $25M revenue increases within the first two years
- Consolidated a corporate customer hierarchy based on SAP and Dunn Bradstreet data, supporting all Avaya and Nortel finance, sales and marketing business processes
- Working with sales and finance to launch executive dashboards and reports with forecasting of bookings, backlogs and P&L information
- Streamlining finance governance by establishing standards and addressing deficiencies in data management practices
- Collaborating with systems, networking, and engineering teams to evaluate current practices and implement technical solutions, including SFDC, RFA, Poetic, PIE-PIPs, and CarePortal
Confidential,2005 - 2007
VP Data Architect
Manages 12 staff supporting credit risk businesses within a multinational financial services corporation by building business intelligence solutions for analytical, reporting, and operational functions
- Lead research teams assigned with implementing Cognos, Business Objects, and Actuate technologies, resulting in production implementation and enhancements to the credit risk technology infrastructure
- Consolidated multiple systems into a single repository and launched dashboard metrics for senior executives to monitor real time budgets, head counts, and P&L
- Gathered business requirements, conducted translations of requirements into logical and physical models, developed ETL specifications for risk management
- Prepared plans for disaster recovery, internal audits, and risk control, in line with company policies and operating procedures.
- Directed the construction of system test plans and scripts for Unit (UT), SIT and UAT testing
- Worked with IT leaders on migrating 189 production support applications to off-shore teams
Confidential,2000 - 2005
Manager Corporate Reporting Manager
Manages team of 8 information technology staff within the world\'s largest publisher of research and scholarly materials for professional and academic societies
- Implemented a balanced scorecard for senior executives using data sources from SQL Server OLAP and MS Performance Point Server Dashboard designer displaying performance monitoring measures with drill-down capabilities
- Developed a global repository for Oracle Designer, reducing IT redundancies and giving the company the ability to reverse engineer database objects
- Designed decision support applications for sales representatives
- Worked with sales and marketing divisions to determine technical and business requirements for the design of reports and cubes on Solaris
- Designed sales and marketing data marts and star schemas including FACT tables with granular dimensions
- Implemented business intelligence development life cycle process, quality assurance procedure, and standards in conjunction with the Enterprise Project Management Office. Resulted in delivery of high performing applications that met business requirements for quality, security, functionality that integrated across enterprise applications and platforms.
Bachelor of Science in Biology
Oracle Database Administrator (OCP)
TECHNICAL SKILLS:Reporting Tools
Cognos, Oracle Designer, Business Objects, EssBase, HFM, and Microstrategy
Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access, Progress, SAP
Oracle Designer, SQL PLUS, OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager), OWB (Oracle Warehouse Builder), COGNOS, ERWIN, CRYSTAL REPORTS, TOAD, PL & SQL DEVELOPER, GOLDMINE, SHAREPLEX, SAP, INFORMATICA, ODI
Windows 9x, NT, 2000, Microsoft Office Suite