- I have almost 6 years of experience in Business Intelligence industry with intensive focus on Business Objects XI R3/R2/6.5, Universe Designer, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Info View, Dashboard, Scorecards, Central Management Console, Crystal Reports/XI,10,9,8, Xcelsius 4.5/2008, Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 and Access
- Experience using SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD Developer
- Expertise in gathering the business requirement and building Universes, free hand SQL methods and creating complex ad-hoc reports
- Performed Business Objects administration tasks including user creation and assigning user rights and permission to Universe, connection, reports and folders
- Installed, maintained and administered Business Objects XI 3.1 in clustered environment with high volume of concurrent users
- Performed migration of universes, reports and users security between environments
- Deployed BO 4.0 in test environment
- Worked on several projects from Requirement gathering to Training End-User
- Extensive Data warehousing experience and implemented dimensional model using Star and Snow Flake Schema
- Designed various Universes, Ad-hoc/Canned Reports and Dashboards
- Articulate with Excellent Communication skills with the ability to work under Tight Schedules
- Created Analytics and performance management dashboards using Xcelsius to perform comparative analysis of current and historical performance against established targets
- Built Xcelsius Dashboard using both Qaaws, BI Services and Live Office
Confidential, Whitehouse Station, NJ Sep 10 - Present
Sr. Business Objects Developer
- Gathered requirements from business users and built the detailed design document, functional requirement specification documentation, mapping document and UAT scripts
- Designed and developed universes as per the requirements by carrying out the dimensional data modeling for the data warehouse
- Designed, developed, modified and maintained Business Objects universe using Designer for ad hoc and canned reports
- Created joins, indicating cardinalities, checked integrity of the universe and resolved loops and traps using aliases and contexts
- Created Hierarchies, complex objects using various @functions, Aggregate objects in the universe.
- Designed cascading prompts in the universe to filter the list of account names based on the business units.
- Extensively used Report Conversion tool to convert DeskI reports to WebI reports
- Created users, users groups and maintained user access rights for BO universes and reports
- Scheduled various reports using InfoView
- Created variables using complex formulas at report level
- Generated reports using prompts, filters and conditions and testing these reports with all possible data for consistency
- Created and maintained Business Objects reports in Web Intelligence Info View
- Created queries to extract data from database for multi-dimensional analysis using Slice & Dice and Drill up/down functionality
- Created Complicated Formulas and Running totals on summarized totals for Business Measure Calculations based upon various End-User Requirements.
- Worked on various backend Procedures and Functions using TSQL
- Created Parameter driven reports to restrict volume of data and to make the report user friendly so that user can retrieve data according to their needs
- Created multiple complex canned reports and ad-hoc reports using DeskI and WebI
- Used import wizard to migrate the Business Objects contents between environments from Dev to Test to Stage to Prod server
- Interacted with customer support regularly, in order to generate the reports required and to resolve the existing issues.
- Created Universes by defining connections and retrieving data from database
- Performed Report data validation using free hand SQL
- Setting up object level and row level securities on the universes to various groups and users
- Resolved issues like loops by creating aliases and contexts as required to remove the cyclic dependencies
- Worked closely with Infrastructure groups to identify and resolve system problems.
- Created New Users in CMC as per the Business requests.
- Involved in creating the Security model for the Business User's
- Used QaaWs (Query as a Web Service), Live office and BI Services as a data source to create Xcelsius dashboards
- Used Erwin as a Data modeling tool
- Provided training to the business users for basic and advanced reporting skills
Confidential, New York, NY Aug 09 - Sep 10
Role: Business Objects Developer/Administrator
- Created universes using Business Objects Designer & Created reports using Web Intelligence Rich Client and Java InfoView
- Installed and configured Business Objects XIR 3.1 in a clustered environment
- Created a wide variety of advanced reports of varying complexity including slice and dice, drill down, cross tab, multiple data-providers, multiple table/section and master detail type reports
- Extensively used the @Functions, and Aggregate Awareness feature
- Import and Export the Universe in various Universe Domains
- Created Users, User groups and assigned privileges to access and work with Universes and Reports
- Implemented row and column level security in the Universe & Reports for confidentiality
- Used Migration Tool / Import Wizard to migrate the Universes, BO Reports, WebI Reports and Users from BOXI R2 to BO XIR3 and also resolved the Issues that resulted from the Migration
- Created Classes, Objects and also tested them to ensure the accuracy of the data model
- Created List of Values in the Universe Dimension Objects for specific report requirements
- Resolved loops in the Universe by creating Aliases and Contexts
- Created reports using @Prompt Function and defined various Formula Variables
- Schedule the Reports by mapping to the Production Server, using the Business Objects XI R3, CMC
- Worked with End Users/ Analyst to gather the requirements for Universes & Reports Development.
- Translated the requirements into high level design documents. Also prepared granular technical design documents.
- Created annual and quarterly finance reports of the Client in Crystal Reports 2008
- Developed several Complex Reports (include multiple groupings, drilldowns, parameter fields, formulas and retrieving data from more than one database) using Crystal Reports.
- Worked on complex reports that require sub-reports, multiple groups and conditional display of sections, fields, and messages
- Involved in ETL Process using Data Integrator.
- Created Metrics and Dashboards using Application Foundation.
- Designed and Developed Xcelsius dashboards / analytics and exported to several formats.
- Created Xcelsius dashboard used single value, selector, mapped, chart, background, collaboration and text components
- Created powerful presentation using Xcelsius tool with Live Office and Qaaws as data source
Confidential, New York, NY May 08 - Jul 09
Role: Business Objects consultant
- Created templates for standardizing reports using company logo, header and footer settings, color coding, fonts and maintained consistency in viewing cross-tabs, blocks in report
- Created complex objects to manipulate the data by using database specific functions to fulfill the reporting requirements
- Synchronized reports using data from multiple data providers in Web Intelligence by merged dimensions functionality
- Extensively used calculations, variables, filters, conditions, breaks, sorting, drill down, slice and dice, master/detail, cross tab, charts and alerts for creating Business Objects reports
- Suggested modifications in Universe in existing objects or creating newer objects which are necessitated from Reporters perspective.
- included standardizing format of report content, redefining query filters and prompts, linking summary report to a set of detail reports
- Created highly formatted Web intelligence reports
- Used @Functions such as @Prompt- to restrict return values and to enter prompt, @Select- to reuse the select statement of another object, @Variable- to restrict the currently logged user etc.
- Distributed documents inside and outside of the business using CMC and administration for scheduling the reports (like REP, PDF, EXCEL, TEXT and HTML format)
- Worked extensively with the major functionality of Business Objects like Breaks, Alerter, Filters, Sorts, Query Prompt and Drill filters
Confidential, New York, NY Jun 07 - May 08
Role: Business Objects Developer
- Developed reports using filters, prompts, sorts, groups, subtotals, free hand SQL and multiple data providers.
- Worked extensively with (@select, @aggregate aware, @where, and @prompt) to incorporate business logic into the Universe
- Organized data in the reports by using Filters, Sorting, Ranking and highlighted data using Alerter
- Created aliases, contexts and short cuts joins to resolve loops
- Performed cardinalities and integrity checks of the universe
- Set up Aggregate Awareness to improve performance
- Tuned the reports for better performance using SQL
- Defined Business Objects and database structure based on the functional specifications and user requirements
- Created, maintained and performed enhancement of Universe using Designer
- Created various universe using Linked universe feature to answer various business questions
- Created users and assigned them rights and privileges using Central Management Console
- Analyzed Erwin Data Model to identify the relationship
- Extensively used CMC Module for managing user and group security
- Created several Webi reports, Deski reports and Dashboard reports for graphical presentation
- Conducted Business Objects and Web Intelligence training session to train the users.
- Interacted with Latin America Support team members and database administrators to coordinate updates and upgrades in repository and databases