- IT experience of over Seven years, including responsibilities like gathering Business Requirements, System Analysis, Design & Data Modeling, Development, Client Interaction, Oracle Business Intelligence and Data warehousing
- Five years of experience in OLAP tools like Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 10.1.3.x , Oracle E-Business suite and Siebel Analytics 7.x, Informatica and Data warehousing
- Expertise in OBI Applications (Sales, Service, Marketing, Financial, Supply chain\\Orders, Procurement Analytics)
- Worked extensively on OBIEE/Siebel Analytics Administration Tool involving all the 3 layers namely Physical Layer, BMM Layer and Presentation Layer
- Extensive experience in OBIEE/ Siebel Analytics Presentation Services including Answers, Interactive Dashboards, Delivers/IBOTS, Cache Management, Scheduler Configuration, BI Publisher
- Excellent aptitude in translating high-level business requirements into logical business dimensional model, building business models, configuring metadata, Answers, Delivers / iBots, creating reports / Dashboards, cache monitor
- Expertise in Business Model development with various functionalities like Dimensional Hierarchies, Measures, Aggregation Rules, Time Series. etc
- Skilled with Caching & Mapping, data- level and object-level security ,MUD, Integration Variables/Initialization Blocks configuration
- Highly skilled in building Interactive Dashboards with drill-down & drill-across capabilities using global & local Filters, Business Rules with User Identity & Roles, Profiles & Personalization
- Very good with implementing the Oracle BI / Siebel Security Setup (groups, data access/query privileges), Metadata Objects (Subject Area, Table, and Column) and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports)
- Well versed in Debugging, Optimizing and Performance Tuning of OBI (Siebel Analytical) Dashboards / Reports to improve performance at Database
- Proficient in working on production and development environment in different RDBMS (in Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i, SQL Server, Netezza) and strong troubleshooting skills
- Practical understanding of the Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) concepts like Star-Schema modeling, Snowflakes modeling, fact and dimension tables modeling of data
- Strongly motivated, enjoy team work and capability of mentoring others
- Excellent writing, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Reporting Tools: OBIEE 10.1.3.x, OBIEE 126.96.36.199.2, Siebel Analytics 7.8.4/7.7.x
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML, C
Databases: Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11i, SQL Server and Netezza
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 8.x, 7.x, 6.x, Datastage
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Unix, Linux
Masters of Science in Computer Engineering
Confidential,MI Aug 2011 – Present
Current Project at UMHS: Design a new UMHS Strategic Planning and Deployment dashboard for Executive Strategy Group (ESG) and other University of Michigan Health System leaders which comprise Critical indicators, Goals, Strategies, underlying Tactics and supporting metrics with realistic Fiscal Year targets. Presently the designed dashboard is in process to being upgraded from OBIEE 10.1.3.4.1 to OBIEE 188.8.131.52.2.
- Gathered requirements from user through meetings, understanding the business from end user and technical perspective.
- Built prototype reports from pdf, images and excel spreadsheets during the requirement-gathering phase to visualize the reports and clarify requirements.
- Established ODBC connections and imported data from Excel spreadsheet database.
- Used the OBIEE Admin Tool to develop the three layers in the Repository and created connection pools, physical tables and defined Primary key, foreign key and complex joins.
- Customized the dashboard by applying custom styles, skin, color palette and flags.
- Transformed and displayed metadata effectively by using line-bar graphs, narrative views, pivot tables, etc.
- Calculated status flags of critical indicators depending on the rules of performance defined by the users.
- Built dashboard page prompts that enable users to visually select the input parameters.
- Configured Database Authentication, created groups in the repository and presentation services end, added users to table, granted privileges and permissions explicitly through group inheritance.
- Created repository and session variables, defined their corresponding Initialization blocks used them in OBIEE answers to build the query.
- Coordinated Analytics RPD, Web Catalog objects and Res folder migration from Dev environment to QA environment and after testing migrated to the Production environment.
- Scheduled iBots to send preprocessed reports as e-mails and alerts on dashboard using BI Delivers.
- Presently working on upgrading the dashboards from OBIEE 10g to 11g.
- Testing different devices (Apple and Android) and other browsers compatibility with the dashboard because it is imperative that users should be able to access dashboards using these devices/browsers.
Previous Project at UMHS: The aim of the project was to convert the CIDSS (Clinical Information and Decision Support Services) dashboards, associated metrics and underlying reports from TSI data to EPSI. It involved converting the Length of Stay (LOS), Heart Failure, Transition of Care, Blood, Pharmacy (Rx) and Executive Summary dashboards.
- Converting the existing TSI PL/SQL packages to EPSI by mapping them to their respective tables in Cost Accounting (CA) model using Toad.
- Created and modified physical and logical tables, established foreign and complex key joins, dimensions, dimensional hierarchies, attributed level keys, created level-based measures, functions.
- Used the Expression Builder utility to create new logical columns in the BMM layer and created calculation measures.
- Corrected many dashboard data errors unidentified for years, fixed it by correcting logical table source mappings and content, creating new measures to perform correct calculations.
- Worked extensively on OBIEE Answers to create reports.
- Displayed data in many different views like Compound, pivot table, graphs, narrative view, legend etc.
- Maintained effectiveness in creating the dashboards by appropriately including guided navigation links and drill downs.
- Created Proactive Agents and configured interactive dashboards to alert the users as per the requirements.
- Performed performance tuning, data validation and solving data discrepancy issues.
- Maintained Analytics webcat using presentation catalog manager for dashboards, reports, filters, variables, ibots etc.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence 10.1.3.4, OBIEE 184.108.40.206.2, Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g, Toad, Windows XP
Confidential,Tampa, FL Jun 2010 – Jul 2011
Sr. OBIEE Developer
Confidential,is aFortune500 company that provides a wide array of financial products and services to individuals, small businesses, and commercial clients. Capital One\'s major business areas include credit cards, auto financing, branch banking, small business financial services, commercial banking products, and personal loans.The aim of the project is to accurately forecast, measure, monitor and report potential credit risk exposures across the entire organization.
- Involved in requirement gathering from user through meetings, understanding the business from end user and technical perspective.
- Built prototype reports from excel spreadsheets during the requirement-gathering phase to visualize the reports and clarify requirements.
- Used the OBIEE Admin Tool to develop the three layers in the Repository.
- Created connection pools, physical tables and defined Primary key, foreign key joins, complex joins in the physical layer of the repository.
- Created and modified logical tables, logical columns and defined Foreign-keys and complex joins.
- Created dimensions, dimension hierarchies, levels, level based measures and defined level, attributes level keys.
- Used the expression builder utility to create new logical columns in the BMM layer and created various calculation measures.
- Customized/created presentation layer catalog folders, to show different views of the business model to different users and assigned group permissions to the catalog folders.
- Worked extensively on OBIEE Answers to create the reports as per the client requirements.
- Defined additional views (compound, table, chart views) of the data returned by the request to visualize data in many different ways.
- Maintained effectiveness in creating the Dashboards by appropriately including guided navigational links and drilldowns.
- Created Proactive agents (iBots) and configured Interactive dashboards to alert the employees as per the requirements.
- Built parameter page using image prompts that enables users to visually select the input parameters.
- Created groups in the repository and added user to the groups and granted privileges explicitly through group inheritance.
- Enabled Single Sign On for OBIEE to allow authorized users to login automatically to OBIEE without entering user credentials.
- Worked extensively on performance tuning including creating aggregate tables, caching and event polling tables.
- Created custom CSS classes and styles, java scripts and HTML scripts to enhance the dashboard functionality and produce reports that meet user requirements.
- Used the Catalog manager and maintained the Analytics web catalog to manage Dashboards, Answers and Delivers.
- Worked on improving the dashboard performance, readability, and security.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence 10.1.3.4, Informatica, Oracle 10g, Oracle SQL developer, Toad, Unix.
Confidential,Canton, MA Apr 2009 – May 2010
Sr. OBIEE Developer
Confidential,is the world\'s largest and leading baked goods and coffee specialty quick service restaurants in the Country. It enjoys 98% brand recognition in the United States. Implemented Financial and Supply Chain\\Order Analytics of the OBAW to reduce Over head Costs, increase efficiency in Supply chain, Orders, Improve Operational Controls etc.
- Configured OBIEE Repository (Physical, business and presentation layer) to provide Analytical Reporting solutions to business.
- Implemented Dimensional Hierarchies, Aggregate navigation, Fragmentation content, and other various features.
- Created Repository, system and non-system session variable and initialization blocks for various reporting needs.
- Created role based dashboards, pages, reports with various views i.e. table, pivot, charts, narrator, column selector etc. and various report prompts.
- Used several OBI reporting features (Navigational, Drill Down, Drill Across, Guided Navigation, Security….etc).
- Analyzed requirements, implemented prebuilt business intelligence solutions using the Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics platform
- Identified granularity level of the Financial data required to be available for analysis
- Worked extensively on OBIEE Answers to create the Financial Statement reports and Intelligence Dashboards (Financials) as per the detailed design requirements
- Extensively used page prompts and dashboard prompts for filtering data values in financial reports
- Created drill down charts and drill down tables to gather more information on Financial Analytics and Supply Chain using navigation
- Used LDAP Server for Security Authentication.
- Created security settings to setup groups, query privileges and access privileges
- Coordinated the OBIEE RPD and Web Catalog objects migration from Dev environment to QA environment and to the Production environment.
- Created reports with PDF, RTF and Excel templates using the BI Publisher.
- Delivers (Ibots) are created and scheduled.
- Performance tuning on the Dashboards and Answers.
- Worked extensively to customize DAC (Execution Plans, Subject areas, Task Definitions and Tables) for OBIEE Financial Analytics.
- Designed and tested Reports in the Dashboards for the Oracle Financial Analytics and created the Adhoc report according to the client needs.
- Successfully configured OBIEE EBS for oracle BI Applications.
- Configured the Extract date, Global Currencies, Exchange Rate Types, Fiscal Calendar.
- Implemented Object level security and data level security.
- Training business users.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.4, Oracle BI Apps 7.9.5/7.9.6, DAC, BI Publisher, Siebel CRM, Informatica 7.x, Oracle 10g, Windows
Confidential,Northbrook, IL Apr 2008 – Mar 2009
Confidential,is the second largest drugstore chain in the United States. It sells prescription drugs and a wide assortment of general merchandise, including over-the-counter drugs, beauty products and cosmetics, film and photo finishing services, seasonal merchandise, greeting cards and convenience foods through their CVS Pharmacy and retail stores and online through CVS.com. It also provides healthcare services through itshealthcare clinics as well as their Diabetes Care Centers. The project provides sales and order analytics solution to enhance data analysis and track their products. It also focused on developing reporting services for a supported Data Mart and also supported high availability ad-hoc reportingand various detail and summary reports.
- Developed OBIEE Repository per user requirements and available information in DW.
- Implemented security by creating roles and web groups, checks with External tables and LDAP.
- Developed Slowly Changing Dimension Mappings for Type 1 SCD and Type 2 SCD
- All the jobs are integrated using complex Mappings including Mapplets and Workflows using Informatica power center designer and workflow manager. Version 8.6
- Extensively usedOBIEEAdmin tool to import the required objects (Dimensions and Facts) with integrity constraints into Physical Layer using connection pool
- Developed multiple Dimensions (Drill-Down Hierarchies) and Logical and Facts / Measures objects in Business Model Layer, and has successfully created the Presentation catalogs in Presentation Layer.
- Developed Dashboards such as Default Dashboard for the users when after login directed to a default dashboard based on the department they work
- Successfully developed row based calculations in a pivot table for the reports based on sales RPD.
- Created session variables for users to provide row- level (data level) security and used the session variable in OBIEE answers to build the query.
- Had developed chart and tabular reports for the total sales for Quarterly, half-yearly and annually using global and local filters.
- Scheduled iBots and seeded server cache using Delivers to improve system performance.
- Developed iBots such as “Purge” to clear server cache using nqcmd utility and had developed Scheduled reports to be e-mailed using iBots.
- Developed and debugged Dashboards/ reports visibility with respect to user’s responsibility and web groups in an integrated environment.
- Coordinated the Analytics RPD and Web Catalog objects migration from Dev environment to QA environment and to the Production environment.
- Have used Administration Tool configure Multiuser Development Environment (MUDE) for multiple users for the development environment.
- Conducted meetings with Project Managers, Business Users and Business Analysts during testing and deployment stage of the application development lifecycle.
Environment: OBIEE10.1.3.x, Netezza, Oracle 10g, SQL, Oracle SQL developer, data stage, Linux
Confidential,Irving, TX Oct 2006 – Dec 2008
Confidential,the captive finance company for Nissan North America, Inc. is using OBIEE to implement in the centralized Customer service facility in Irving, TX. In today’s environment, the customer interfacing departments manage customer and dealer accounts using several mainframe legacy systems because customer data is stored in multiple legacy systems and limitations. Associated to the capabilities of the mainframe systems, it is becoming increasingly difficult to provide superior customer and dealer service. When OBIEE is deployed across the organization, over 700 employees will be using the system to manage customer and dealer accounts and relationships. NMAC expects to utilize OBIEE to improve customer and dealer service levels, increase owner loyalty to the Brand and advance the levels of efficiency and effectiveness with minimal customization of the package software.
- Gathered Business requirements by interacting with the business users, defined subject areas for analytical data requirements.
- Created mockup reports and dashboards for review by the business users.
- Customized the OBIEE Repository (physical, BMM, and presentation layers).
- Created dimension hierarchies, aggregates, and keys in the BMM layer.
- Modified Presentation Layer to add presentation tables and columns to meet the business user needs.
- Worked on repository and session variables.
- Used the security settings in OBIEE Admin tool to setup users, Groups and Access privileges.
- Created materialized views and aggregates to improve performance.
- Customized Activity and Revenue star schemas.
- Customized reporting with OBIEE Answers and integrated them into the Dashboards.
- Generated Reports and Dashboards by using Report features like Pivot tables, charts and view selector.
- Created dashboards with global prompts, column selectors, navigation, and automatic drill-down.
- Created user level security for intelligence dashboards based on Business Requirement.
- Customized and Developed OBIEE Analytics Reports Account Activity, Revenue on business segmentation, Actual Vs Forecast Response rates, Segment and Offer responses.
- Created Dashboards with Dashboard prompts, Charts, Pivot tables.
- Performed Data Validation of data in the reports and dashboards.
- Extensively used SQL Tuning to improve performance.
- Created iBots to send pre-processed reports using OBIEE Delivers.
Environment: OBIEE10.1.3.3, Informatica Power Center 7.1.2, Oracle 9i, SQL*Plus, Windows
Confidential,Columbus, OH Jan 2006 – Sept 2006
Siebel Analytics Consultant
Confidential,is aglobal internet carrier and makes up a portion of theInternet backbone In the United States, the company is the third largest long distanceprovider and also owns a majority ofClearwire, which operates the largestwireless broadbandnetwork. This project focuses on products and transactions that leverage its sales and marketing organization.
- Worked with functional and technical project leads, marketing, sales, finance, and other business groups to identify, analyze, and document Business requirements.
- Identified and worked with various application areas in identifying, analyzing, and documenting various information sources solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Worked extensively on Siebel applications (Siebel Answers, Delivers, and Dashboards).
- Created Dashboards by embedding reports and providing intuitive drilldowns and links to exploit the full benefit of Analytics.
- Involved in design and development of repository (Creating / Modifying objects in Physical, Business and Presentation layer) and the process of repository migration.
- Development of interactive drillable charts such as bar-charts, pie-charts, radars, bubble-charts, etc
- Implementation of Siebel Delivers using iBots for delivery of reports through email, hand-held devices and mobile phones.
- Security management for users, groups and web-groups using the various authentication systems such as LDAP, OS, Database and Database table authentication using Session Variable features, as well as Dashboard / Report-level security.
- Analytics Application Response-time Performance management using optimization efforts such as aggregate navigation, indexes and Oracle materialized views.
- Implementation of criteria filters to narrow-down the result set from the analytics requests.
- Developed/Bench-Marked performance tuning strategies with business model-level calculations versus Data warehouse level pre-computations and aggregations.
- Used Workflow Manager for Creating, Validating, Testing and running the sequential and concurrent Sessions and scheduled them to run at specified time with required frequency. Developed and executed test plans and played an active role in product rollouts.
- Life-cycle support for migration efforts from development to QA to production analytics.
- Involvement with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) development team to communicate the specification for the required dimensional, aggregate and indexed data tables.
- Involved in development of many complex Informatica mappings and mapplets to build key interfaces using transformations and reusable transformation units (Update Strategy, Filter, Router, Expression, Lookup, Aggregator) for loading data into Data Warehouse.
Environment: Siebel Analytics 7.8.4, Informatica Power Center 6.x/7.x, Oracle 9i, Toad, UNIX
Confidential,Houston, TX Jan 2005 – Dec 2005
Siebel Analytics Consultant
Confidential,has been implemented innovative process to streamline the Marketing process (campaigning, promotions, rebates, credits etc.).Involved in gathering Marketing and Sales Team business requirements.
- Created and administered the Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer in Siebel Analytics Repository using Siebel Analytics Administration Tool.
- Developed calculated measures and assigned aggregation levels based on dimension hierarchies.
- Worked extensively on Siebel Answers, Siebel Delivers, and Siebel Intelligent Dashboards for Compliance department using Siebel Analytics stand-alone/integrated implementation.
- Responsible for developing different kinds of reports/Ad-hoc queries using Siebel Answers and assigned them to application specific dashboards.
- Configured presentation layer used by different user groups and also established the various standard queries, in order to support the presentation layer.
- Created Security settings in Siebel analytics Administration Tool to set up groups, access privileges and query privileges and also manages security for groups in Siebel Answers.
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to user requirements.
- Used Filters and provided customized prompts (filtering options) appropriately to avoid excessive data showing up reports.
- Worked on the Time Series Wizard and implemented time comparison measures.
- Responsible for unit testing, integration testing of the reports generated using Siebel analytics.
- Involved in user trainings on the generated reports for this project.
- Participated in Post implementation reviews with the Project teams.
- Developed many Reports / Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down / Dynamic, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, Tabular with global and local Filters) for performing the customer insights / trends using Siebel Analytics Web.
- Configured IBots to deliver Analytics content based on schedule, automated IBot queries to obtain daily and weekly reports.
- Implemented security by creating roles & web groups, checks with External tables.
Performed query optimizations / tuning in physical layer as well on database.
- Implemented the session partitions (Database and Informatica) for performance issues.
Environment: Siebel Analytics 7.x, Informatica Power Center 6.x / 7.x, Oracle 9i, HP.
Confidential,Mumbai, India Jan 2004 – Nov 2004
Confidential, is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world. Through an international network linked by advanced technology, HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services to individuals, businesses and institutions
Central Data Module is a financial services application dealing with data related to Online Banking, Equities, Fixed Income Mutual Funds, Bonds, etc. The application enables the customers to trade the stocks along with providing real time quote information and news
- Monitoring use of the system, troubleshooting problems, conducting.
- Developed PL/SQL stored procedures, user defined functions for complex rating calculations and bundle them into stored package that could be invoked from the Forms triggers.
- Developed various UNIX Shell Scripts to automate the routine tasks.
- Designed interface for the system.
- Created PL/SQL scripts for data transformation in line with program specifications.
- Creating temporary tables and indexes for loading and updating data.
- Designed and Developed Stored Procedures, Packages and Functions using PL/SQL and SQL Scripts.
- Used SQL*Loader to load data using direct and indirect path.
- Developed database Procedures to handle Partition Deletion and Truncation automatically based on data loading criteria using Dynamic SQL.
- Developed shell scripts for database replication processes.
- Table layout design, table space management and user maintenance.
Environment: Oracle 7x, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL* Plus, TOAD, UNIX