Summary of Experience
- Over Seven years of IT experience in Enterprise Business Intelligence lifecycle implementation and
- Cognos BI tools.
- Extensively worked on Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio and
- Event Studio for Reports design in Cognos Suite.
- Strong experience as a Reports Author with experience in gathering requirements, assessing, developing
- project designs, tests, research and data analysis.
- Proven ability to deliver and ensure success in high-pressure/high-risk situations.
- Liaison between business groups and technical teams.
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills and Strong analytical skills.
- Experienced in building multidimensional models and creating Power Cubes for distribution using
- Power Play Transformer and Power Play reports.
- Expertise in Migration of the applications from Crystal reports to Cognos series 8.4 and from VB reports to Cognos 8.4.
- Experienced in maintenance, support, change-control and end-user training as part of setting up a
- sustainable BI life cycle.
- Proficient in all phases of Data Warehousing Concepts.
- Experienced in dimensional and relational modeling in Star Schema and Snowflake Schemas.
- Expertise in multiple relational databases including Oracle (9i, 10g), MS SQL Server and DB2.
- Experience in PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*Plus, Shell Scripts, TOAD, SQL Programmer, SQL Developer,
- Stored Procedures /Triggers on Unix and Windows platforms.
- Involved in daily batch loads (Full & Incremental) into Staging and ODS areas, troubleshooting
- process, issues and errors using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008.
- Experience in design and creating Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data
- using Cognos.
- Involved in the complete life cycle development process in the data warehousing.
- Proficient in developing and executing test plans based on system and validation requirements.
- Expertise in Planning, designing, implementing and deploying Cognos solutions for various clients.
- Expertise in Installing and configuring Cognos BI Server 8.4 using distributed Servers methodology.
- Participated Cognos 10 training program.
Bachelors in Computer Science
BI Tools : Cognos 10/8, BI Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query
Studio, Analysis Studio, Metric Studio, Event Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSIS, SSRS)
ReportNet1.1 (MR1/2) : Cognos Connection, Framework Manager, Query studio, Report Studio,
Cognos Series (7.x) : Cognos Impromptu, Impromptu User, Impromptu Web Reports,
Cognos Power Play Transformer, Power Play User, Power Play Web
Reports, Power Play Enterprise server, Access Manager
ETL Tools : Informatica 7.x. Decision Stream, Data Stage.
Databases : Oracle 10g/9i, MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, DB2, Teradata and
Web Servers : Apache Tomcat, Web logic Server 8.1/9.2/10, MS IIS 5/6.0
Programming : C, C#, Java, UNIX Shell Scripting, SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML
Environment : Windows XP/2000/98, Win NT, UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP, AIX, Linux)
Other Tools : SQL*Plus, Toad, Putty, Ms-Office
Role: Cognos/BI Developer Dec’10 – Till Date
- Gathered, analyzed and documented user requirements for reporting. Working with Agile methodology.
- Provided application design guidance and create design techniques to advance the client’s application
- Prepare Functional Specifications, Technical Specifications, Testing Plans and other documentation as
- required by client’s Systems Development Lifecycle.
- Developed Framework Model against ORACLE, SYBASE database with filters and calculations
- included for effective reporting and published packages on to portal
- Converted Crystal reports to Cognos Reports.
- Created Complex reports like the Multipage reports, conditionally formatted reports including graphs and
- Images, drill through reports.
- Developed Dash Board reports in Report Studio using MDX Functions.
- Created, refreshed and supported Cognos Transformer models and cubes to support timely Transaction
- Developed dynamic reports to sort on column headers by implementing Java scripts as HTML items and
- Created Conditional Block reports to dynamically hide or show reports objects and provide the end user
- the option to view the data in different formats.
- Developed Cascading prompts to filter data dynamically and conveniently locate the data the users are
- trying to use.
- Developed complex reports, multi-query reports and sub selects queries to meet the client requirements.
- Applied Security based on user roles and published reports. Prepared user and technical documentation.
- Imported Cognos reports into Excel and formatted those using Cognos 8 Go! Office and scheduled them.
- Participated Cognos 10 training program.
- Worked on Cognos 10 (Business Insight and Active Reports) for two demo projects to demonstrate the
- End-User the new features available in Cognos 10.
- Built Dashboards and Scorecards using Cognos 10.
- Using the Cognos Scheduler (Schedule Management tool), scheduled the long-running reports to
- provide static views to the business.
- Involved in daily batch loads (Full & Incremental) into Staging and ODS areas. Troubleshooting
- process, Issues and Errors using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008.
- Created, refreshed and supported Cognos Transformer models and cubes to support multi-dimensionality of the reports.
- Developed a High level dashboard, designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and Gauge charts based on the financial data using Cognos.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Joins,
- Constraints, DDL, DML and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic and also created
- Clustered and non clustered indexes.
Environment: Cognos 10, Cognos series8.3/8.4, Framework Manager, Access Manager, Cognos Connection, Transformer, SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSIS, SSRS), .Net framework, Microsoft Office Share Point Server, Oracle 10G, Toad, Sybase, SQL Programmer, SQL Developer and Windows XP
Role: Cognos Developer/Designer July’08 – Jun’10
- Responsible for understanding Business Process and managing with Business users to meet specific user requirements.
- Developed Informatica ETL programs that retrieve and load data from/to Oracle databases.
- Developed processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating and loading data.
- Metadata modeling of both Relational and Dimensional data using Framework manager.
- Queried data from different database tables as per the requirement.
- Created different filters and calculations in Framework Manager that can be effectively used while reporting.
- Created packages using multiple data sources in the framework manager.
- Created Calculated Levels based on Business Requirement to perform Analysis using Analysis Studio.
- Created highly complex and formatted reports in Cognos8 using most of the Cognos functionality (such as Conditional Formatting, Drill Through, Repeaters, and Discontinuous Crosstabs, Dashboards etc.)
- Performed optimization on the existing reports to decrease the run time to meet the real time requirements and made changes to the existing reports for good look and feel for the users.
- Migration of packages and Reports among various environments such as Development, Test and Production.
- Conducted User training for a batch of 10 on Cognos8 (Report Studio, Analysis Studio and Query Studio) and Framework Manager and provided end documentation.
- Providing support and troubleshooting problems as required.
- Created ASP pages for clients.
Environment: Cognos 8.3(Framework Manager, Query Studio, Analysis Studio Report Studio, Deployment Manager), Oracle 10g, 9i, MS Access, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, TOAD, Windows 2000, UNIX.
Role: Cognos Developer Nov’06 – Mar’ 08
- Involved in the Migration Project from Reportnet to Cognos8.
- Migrated and Tested many reports in Report Studio.
- Involved in the Installation and configuration of Framework manager.
- Created different Packages and Models based upon the Requirements and published them to Cognos Connection.
- Created shortcuts to all cubes, dashboards and other reports in BI and scheduled them every day.
- Tested all the reports including dashboards and created a template and solved many kinds of issues like Conditional Formatting to the Dashboards, and many other issues in Report Studio.
- Gathered, Analyzed and Documented user requirements for reporting.
- Created simple and complex reports using Report Studio and Analysis Studio.
- Developed Dash boards including custom charts, cross tabs, drill-throughs
- provided training in Analysis Studio to the end users.
- Designed and implemented data cubes using Microsoft OLAP services, Cognos Impromptu and Power Play to facilitate executive, management and end user reporting.
- Integrated Transformer 8.3 with various other third party namespaces
- Created reports using Cognos and automated scripts to validate the integrity of the data based on end user needs.
- Worked on Analysis studio for creating various reports to the Executives for analyzing various Budget Management tasks.
Environment: Cognos series8 (version 8.2), ReportNet, Framework Manager, Oracle 10g, Toad, Cognos Connection, SQL Server 2005,DB2
Confidential, HYD, India
End client: Prudential Insurance, PA
Role: Cognos Consultant Nov ‘05 – Oct’06
- Assisted System Administrators in Cognos Migration from series 7 to 8 and installed Software Updates.
- Involved in data gathering and developing models in Framework Manager and publishing the packages onto Cognos Connection.
- Converted as many as 50 + reports from Series 7 to Cognos 8.
- Implemented Package level security and object level security in Framework manager
- Created Simple List reports, Cross-tab reports, Conditional formatting and Drill - through Reports using Report Studio.
- Created burst reports and made them available to appropriate users resulting in saving lot of time and effort.
- Worked using OLAP tool, PowerPlay for building cubes and reports that meet the business requirements.
- Experience in building multidimensional cubes.
- Involved in creating complex reports involving stored procedures with parameters.
- Optimized cubes by selecting appropriate methods, which include partitioning, time-based partitioning, cube groups and incremental updates.
- Tuned transformer models for faster cube builds and access times.
- Provided documentation to the end users and conducted training workshops.
Environment: Cognos 8.1(Framework Manager, Query Studio, Report Studio, Deployment Manager), Cognos 7.4, Oracle 9i, Windows NT/2000
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes