Summary of Professional Experience
Technical Skill Sets
- 10 years of managing projects and tasks in an IT environment
- Extensive knowledge of relational database environments
- Self-starter with the ability to multi task and work under tight deadlines
- Extensive background with BI implementation from testing, documentation to deployment
SQL; PL/SQL; T-SQL; VISUAL BASIC; BUSINESS OBJECTS; JCL; DB2; AS400; RDBMS; ACCESS; ORACLE;†
SQL SERVER; WINDOWS NT; CRYSTAL REPORTS; ORACLE DISCOVERER; ODBC; TESTDIRECTOR
November, 2010 - Present, Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Consultant, Technical Business Analyst/BI Developer
- Develop ad-hoc reports on data from the MMIS on Medicaid claims, benefit plan, provider and financials using Business Objects Enterprise XI, Desk Intelligence, SQL Developer, MS Access and Excel, SQL, and Oracle.
- Extract claims detail including ICD-9, procedure codes, diagnosis codes; member eligibility data for analysis, claim overpayment projects as part of recent MMIS implementation.
- Gather requirements from Georgia Department of Community Health clients for data analysis and report development.
- Validate data analysis and extractions against MMIS front-end system.
November, 2009 - November, 2010, Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Manager, Health Economics and Financial Informatics
- Develop dashboards, scorecards for executive management team on Medicaid and Peachcare for Kids claims data for PSHP products using Business Objects Enterprise XI, Web Intelligence, Golden, MS Access and Excel, SQL, T-SQL and Oracle.
- Design Access databases for reporting and claims data analysis. Create tables, table updates and inserts to manipulate the data.
- Create SQL scripts for ad-hoc reporting and data analysis.
- Manage membership analysis; MMIS claims analysis and ad-hoc reports.
- Create data dictionaries for claims data.
July, 2007 - January, 2009, Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Business Intelligence Developer, Contract/Consultant (Under contract with Coca-Cola)
- Develop complex reports and charts as part of ITIL implementation using SQL, TSQL, and BI applications -- Crystal Reports XI, Xcelsius, Business Objects Enterprise XI, Web Intelligence, SSIS, Toad, MS Access and Excel, Oracle and SQL Server data warehouses
- Create SQL scripts for report development, dashboards, and data analysis of call center data based on ITIL framework.
- Document requirements, perform unit testing and QA and deploy into production.
- Design reports using Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
March, 2006 - July, 2007, Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Business Intelligence Developer, Permanent
- Develop parameter-driven reports, charts, dashboards, and cross-tab reports using SQL, TSQL and BI applications -- Crystal Reports XI, Business Objects Enterprise XI, SQL Server Mgt Studio, SSIS and SQL Server data warehouses.
- Create query statements for report development and data analysis of web log data.
- Extract, transformed and loaded reporting database tables using SSIS.
- Designed and developed reports using SSRS, Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
April, 2004 - February, 2006, Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Business Intelligence Developer/Project Analyst, Managed Security Services, Contract Consultant/Permanent
- Develop parameter-driven reports, charts, dashboards and cross-tab reports using SQL, PL/SQL, and BI applications -- Crystal Reports 10.0, Business Objects XI, Web Intelligence, TOAD, Oracle data warehouses and Remedy tables.
- Write complex SQL statements to analyze and present data from security devise logs.
- Establish ODBC connections with various data warehouses for reporting.
- Created business views and universes for end-users and schedule report runs.
February, 2003 - April, 2004, Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Business Analyst/Trainer/Business Objects Reports Developer, Permanent
- Provide support to the end-users in designing and troubleshooting problems with Business Intelligence deliverables and data extractions from an Oracle data warehouse.
- Create data models for universes and data mapping documents from source to target system.
- Gather and analyze requirements and specifications for end-user Medicaid claims reports.
- Develop reports from end-user specifications using Business Objects 5i, proprietary software, and SQL (TOAD) for Oracle data sources.
- Develop reports from Oracle data warehouse Medicaid claims data and financial data.
- Test reports to ensure report specifications agree with requirements using TestDirector and perform data integrity testing.
- Train end-users on database tables and creating reports using Business Objects 5i; monitor end-user reports using Broadcast Agent administrator; create profiles and maintain role as Supervisor.
October, 2002 - January, 2003, Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Crystal†Reports Developer, Contract Consultant
- Provide support to end-users in designing and modifying reports.
- Develop complex reports from customer specifications using SQL, T-SQL, BI tools, Crystal Reports 9.0, 8.5, Query Analyzer and SQL Server databases for HRMS and Payroll systems.
- Extract data for data analysis using SQL.
August, 2000 - March, 2002, Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Program Manager/Business Analyst - Subject Matter Expert, Media Management, Permanent
- Provide level-three support as subject matter experts for Sprint wholesale customers software products transmitted via mainframe, AS400, windows-based and via the web.
- Project manages the implementation and maintenance of Sprint wholesale products (CDRs) and billing.
- Create data mapping documents to show data from source legacy system to client-server system.
- Responsible for quality assurance for software product offerings via manual testing.
- Write SQL to extract data housed in RDBMS for data cleansing.
- Create Business Objects Universes and reports for end-users.
- Provide technical consulting to ancillary groups as subject matter experts for call records, product enhancements and implementation.
- Create data analysis reports for management; monitor business metrics using Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- Responsible for end-user and product documentation via the Intranet and department's web site as related to SME areas and media products.
- Provide ad-hoc reports, business metrics presentations using JCL and SQL to query DB2, Oracle and Access databases.
- Sprint Values Excellence Award 3rd Quarter, 2001.
July, 1999 - July, 2000, Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Technical Analyst, Information Services, Permanent
- Maintain and enhanced windows-based billing application using Visual Basic and Access.
- Create monthly departmental reports using Crystal Reports and SQL.
- Gather requirements, UI specs for software customizations and modifications.
- Create data mapping documents and data dictionaries to support data extractions.
- Train end-users on new application upgrades and Microsoft products.
- Provide help desk support for Microsoft products and windows-based programs.
Graduated with Honors, 3.6 overall GPA on 4.0 grading system