- Professional with mix of both technicaland business experience.
- 5+ years’ experience inOBIEE 10.1.3.4, OBIEE 188.8.131.52and Siebel Analytics 7.0.4
- Excellent knowledge of the entire OBIEE Life Cycle from design and development of OBIEEthrough development and customization of reports.
- Experience gathering business and user requirements, conducting interviews, observing business processes, identifying reports needed by analyzing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Areas of expertise:
- Business Intelligence Consultant Business analyst, Oracle BI Administration, Architecture, Presentation Server, Bi Publisher, Bi Delivers, Catalog Manager and security setup
- Functional Analyst Requirements gathering, client iteration, analysis, design data modeling, and functional specification documentation.
- Test Planning including System Integration Testing Units, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Quality Centre Experience
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to user requirements.
- Project Management/ BusinessAnalyst Providing strategies, leadership, communication and project management capabilities to technology projects ensuring success in achieving business goals.
- Platform: Windows 2003/200.X Server, Windows XP, HP-Unix, Solaris, Linux
- Business Intelligence:Oracle Business Applications 7.9.4, OBIEE 10.1.3.4, OBIEE 184.108.40.206, BI Answers, Dashboards, Deliver, BI Publisher, MS Office Plug-in and Administration Tool.
- PM Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, and Oracle AIM 3.0.
- CRM: Siebel Analytics 7.7, CRM and AMDOCS AMSS.
- Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9x/8i, MS SQL Server 2005/2000, DB2
- Design Model Tools: MS Office Enterprise and MS Visio
- Oracle software:Oracle Toad, Oracle Application Server, SQL Loader, Oracle SQL Plus.
- Languages: SQL, Java, XML, and HTML.
- ERP: Oracle Financials 11i/R12 (AP, FA, GL, AR, CM) Oracle EBS Suite R12, 11.X.
- BBA, Accounting and Finance
- MBA, Project Management
Confidential, Plano, TX April 2008 Current
- Client iteration process with functional managers to determine business requirements
- OBIEE deliverable options with management and create documentation procedures based on the AIM methodology- using the BP30 (determine requirements), RD50 (gather requirements), BR10 (gaps), MD50 (functional design).
- Create business intelligence proposals for business opportunities
- Formulate business intelligence solution maps and project scopes with client management
- Prepare presentations for the proposals and respective business solution maps
- Determining and plan of implementation based on functional area/departmental requirements
- Gap analysis - Review the technical and functional environment and compare to OBIEE capabilities
- OBIEE business proposal creation, implementation roadmap, presentation and negotiation
- Worked on all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Creating Connection Pools - Structured physical joins, creating Alias Tables, snow flake schemas and star schemas.
- Development, importing data into the physical layer, modeling it in the business modeling and mapping (BMM) layer, aggregation, time series modeling, calculation wizards, dimension hierarchies, managing session and repository variables, creating users and adding groups for security, deploying the repository to the presentation services using the NQSconfig, create reports in schedule and chart formats in BI Answers, create delivery profiles in BI delivers, creating dashboards and (XML) BI Publisher reports- general architecture.
- Perform cosmetic formatting with the Utilities function and using system variables.
- Create Alerts for job-critical levels and auditable differences delivered to dashboards, email and cell phones to assist process owners with timely decision making
- Format reports, including embedding web-based communications according to business requirements
- Designed and Configured Dashboards in Analytics for different groups of users to view figures across regions, products with the facility to drill down to individual customer relationship manager.
- Performance tuning experience includes setting user log variables to diagnose performance issues, cache management, aggregation, event polling tables, usage tracking tables, optimize connection pools, indexing, scheduling report delivery, data format restructuring .
Confidential,Mar 2006 March 2008
- Maranatha Ferrochrome is a mining concern smelts raw ore and exports ferrochrome to Europe. l joined the company at the initial of project and integrated the acquired company data when they bought out a trucking company called OTR.
- Interacted with various business representatives for gathering the OBIEE Reports, Dashboards requirements and to define business and functional specifications.
- Analyzed and used various data sources such as Oracle, Excel and Web Services.
- Customized and developed RPD (Physical, BMM and Presentation Layer), configured metadata objects and Web Catalog Objects.
- Developed many reports / dashboards with different analytics views (drill-down / dynamic, Cascading style sheets, pivot table, chart, column selector, tabular with global and local filters) using Analytics Web.
- Configured OBIEE iBots to deliver Analytics content based on schedule, automated iBot queries to obtain daily and weekly reports.
- Established and governed a Multi User Development (MUD) environment to include developing and documenting best practices.
- Implemented security by creating users and groups, checks with External tables and LDAP, and Object Level Security.
- Created a repository using OBI Administration tool by importing tables into the physical layer and created the business and mapping model to incorporate the business logic.
- Add time series calculations using, percent change in a measure, to do and to date functions.
- Created Prompts and Filters to help Interactive Dashboard Data and Configuring Guided Navigation Links
Confidential,Jan 2005 Feb 2006
Risk & Assurance Analyst
- Whether projects were financial or IT based, the process involved gathering business requirements, assessing the business environment and developing a plan of implementation in Engagement Planning
- Internal Controls Audit per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Act, including financial statement and IT environment security for clients in various industries
- Performed Environmental pre-engagement analysis of the client’s Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) including Opportunity, Incentive/Pressure, and Attitudes/Rationalizations then designed Security testing strategy based on findings
- Security Testing included walking through selected user’s paths and security permissions and evaluating potential conflicts, documenting the processes using the internal Audit Methodology, then reporting to management and providing recommendations. Selected different groups of users to test in given critical security areas for Access, Security Structure, and conduciveness of Environment
- For Agreed-Upon Procedures configured client’s OBIEE tools including BI Scheduler, BI Delivery profiles, Security, and advised on BI functionality and capabilities. Assessed internal controls design, implementation and operational effectiveness and made recommendations to management on the business and IT environment that benefited the client and grew the consulting portfolio
- Identified Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators and developed migrating controls
Confidential,Mar 2003 Dec 2005
- Union Carbide primarily produces chemicals and polymers. Some of these materials are high-volume commodities, while others are specialty products meeting the needs of smaller market niches. The end-uses served include paints and coatings, packaging, wire and cable, household products, personal care, pharmaceuticals, automotive, textiles, agriculture and oil and gas.
- Performed Installation & Configuration of Siebel Analytics Software to set up the enterprise.
- Reviewed Functional Design Document and Technical Design Document.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst, Discussed and Gathered the Analytics requirements from different user groups.
- Designed Prototype of the project repository and developed reports/dashboards to make it easier for business users to visualize how reports will look like in Siebel Analytics.
- Modeling activities which included building star schema as per the business requirements and configuration of Logical Layer, Logical tables, dimensions and columns. Established the logical joins/keys.
- Used Aggregate Tables and specified Aggregate Levels for each source.
- Designed Intelligence Dashboards and created Global Filters.
- Customized the logical tables and columns, defined the Analytics dimensions, aggregations and levels.
- Created Dimensional Hierarchy, Level based Measures and Aggregate navigation in BMM layer.
- Configured charts, views, and filters in user interface. Configured Global Filters and Prompts in Siebel Analytics Web.
- Added new Dimensions and Columns to the Subject Areas to full fill the additional Requirements of the Business Analysts.
- Involved in Unit/Integration Testing & user training of the generated reports in Siebel analytics web
- Involved with the Testing team to resolve, fixing and testing problems found during the Systems integration test, UAT Phases.