Senior Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse developer with sixteen years of experience developing custom global inventory management and financial accounting reporting systems for multiple Fortune 200 companies and the United States Government. Experienced in all areas of IT project management and development with a focus on database driven application and reporting suites for relational OLTP and star schema OLAP systems.
Major Success: Successfully incorporated multiple automated solutions into a manually driven process by delivering over six million dollars in reporting and database driven applications over a nine year period while managing eight people handling support for the entire custom built system portfolio.
- Inventory Management
- Application Integration
- Oracle, MS SQL Server, Access, FoxPro
- Finance and Accounting
- Process Engineering
- Cognos BI 8.4, Framework Manager
- Public Speaking
- Data Warehouse
- Cognos Report Studio, Query Studio
- OLAP, OLTP, ROLAP Reporting
- Cognos Powerplay and Transformer
- Project Management
- Simulation and Optimization
- Siebel, EIM, VBA
- Resource Management
- Object Oriented Programming
- .Net, Visual Basic, JAVA, PL/SQL
- Contract Negotiation
- ETL, Dashboarding
- Windows, Unix, Word, Excel, Office
- Quality Assurance
- Crystal Reports Software and Server
- Entity Relational Models &
- Dimension Relational Models
SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server data warehousing
Confidential, Fairborn, OH (Sub contractor through Kforce Inc.)†2009 to 2010
United States Air Force is a Government Agency whose mission is to fly, fight and win… in air, space and cyberspace.
Title: Cognos BI 8.x Framework and Report Developer†
Responsible for the development of budget reports and queries for the FIRST AF Program. Worked as lead developer for conversion of reports from Oracle Discoverer to Cognos 8.2. Compiled functional design, technical design, and unit test plan documentation.
- Developed a method to de-normalize data and produce spreadsheet like reports to meet Air Force requirements.
- Reorganized Budget Data Model in Cognos Framework to provide users with ad-hoc reporting.
Marriott Vacation Club Int.(MVCI) – Orlando, FL 2001 to 2009†
MARRIOTTVACATION CLUB INTERNATIONALis therecognizedworldwide leaderin the timeshare and fractional ownership industry through the brands of Marriott Vacation Club, Grand Residences by Marriott and The Ritz-Carlton Club. Collectively they include 57 properties around the globe with nearly 340,000 owners.
Title: Cognos Reporting and Data Warehouse Consultant†
Responsible for the development and support for the entire suite of Cognos 7 & 8 reports and custom built Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server applications for MVCI’s product supply management(PSM) division. Over the past nine years, served as project manager and lead developer for all reporting, application, and database systems in PSM consisting of over 400 reports and 8 applications. Successfully managed multiple development projects including an Enterprise wide Data Warehouse and Reporting system(Informatica, ETL, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, Cognos Business Intelligence 8.3) and an automated inventory financial tracking system(Visual Basic, SQL Server, DTS, Cognos Impromptu 7).
- Introduced automated process changes increasing the sales process efficiency and reduced the need for physical resources by 50%. Over a nine year period, the addition of technology in the process helped increase sales from $500 million to $2 billion in 2008. Responsible for the development, implementation, and support of eight custom built applications used to automate inventory and financial accounting processes.
- Developed over 400 complex Cognos reports and 8 frameworks for both OLTP and OLAP databases, 8 applications in VB.Net and Access, 50 Oralce ETL scripts for Data Warehouse Processing, 30 DTS packages, and 20 Databases.
- Successfully integrated an inventory tracking system with a General Ledger accounting system which automatically created transactions upon inventory movement using Visual Basic and SQL Server 2000.
- The creation of an automated system used to trade inventory with a third party timeshare company using VB.NET and SQL Server 2005.
Confidential, Washington D.C†1997 to 2001
MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL, INC. is a leading lodging company with more than 3,100 lodging properties in the United States and 66 other countries and territories. It is ranked as the lodging industry’s most admired company and one of the best places to begin and grow a career.
Title:†Siebel CRM Application Lead Developer (’99 – ’01)†
Lead Siebel developer for a global Siebel Sales Force Automation(SFA) operational reservation system used by 2000 hotels. Responsible for the design and development of desired functionality including GUI layout, business logic, and system interfaces.
- Development of a fully integrated custom built application using Microsoft Visual Basic to provide Siebel users with an interface to PeopleSoft using EIM and Oracle that was unavailable within the Siebel application.
- Over a two year period, successfully increased system speed and usability by reducing system computation time over 98% eliminating down time from processing.
- The development of an MS Access Issue Tracking System used throughout the organization to track application issues and their resolution.
Title:†Custom Application and Database Developer (’97 – ’99)†
Responsible for the development of an automated suite of Revenue Management tools used to compile resort usage data for all properties. Successfully developed tools using MS FoxPro and Excel to automatically generate resort revenue totals by group for managers to use in analysis.
- The development of customized tools to increase accuracy of data and revenue manager’s efficiency with analysis and reporting using Unix Legacy systems data, Goldmine CRM application, and a FoxPro Database.
- Reduced human data compilation time by 80% and produced immediate results.
Confidential, Titusville, FL†1995 to 1997
NASA is a Government Agency whose mission is to pioneer the future in space exploration, scientific discovery and aeronautics research.
Title: Database Application Developer and Network Administrator†
Responsible for the day to day support and development of center wide training system database and network administrator. Worked as lead technician for hardware support and upgrades along with user training and setup.
- The development of a database used to monitor web activity at KSC and report results to NASA officials via the web.
- Developed and implemented Center Wide Cognos Powerplay application used by Center Directors to query data decreasing the need for technical staff and providing immediate statistical analysis to executives.
- The creation of a software download web site used to distribute applications throughout KSC decreasing need for on site support staff.
Bachelor of Science – Computer Science†
Masters of Science - Business Administration
Dale Carnegie Public Speaking and Leadership Training†
C++ certified programmer from Brainbench.
Microsoft NT 4.0 network design and administration.
Microsoft Internet Information Server configuration and administration.