- A leader with over 20 years track record of consistently delivering on complex, high - value technology initiatives spanning diverse business domains.
- Proven expertise in leading data science, EDW, Business Intelligence & Analytics delivery teams on multiple technology platforms.
- Delivered cloud computing, Visualization and Machine Learning capabilities to the ORG. Strategic business focused outlook with the ability to deep dive into details with onsite / offshore teams and delivery partners.
- Creative problem solver willing to experiment, stretch out of comfort zone and try alternative approaches.
- Strong Project management (certified CSM, PMP), business relationship mgmt. and Leadership experience building teams and driving change throughout the ORG.
- Diverse multi-cultural work experience in Asia, Europe, NA and LATAM. Certified AWS solutions architect.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- BI/EDW Solution Delivery Analytics Strategy & Roadmap Data science (Python, R)
- Agile Project Mgmt
- Tableau, Microstrategy Cloud computing
- Relationship Mgmt
- Big data, Hadoop, Spark Dashboards & Analytics
- AWS solutions architecture Predictive Modeling Machine Learning
Databases: Hadoop HIVE, HBase, Oracle 11g, Sybase, MS Access, Excel, Dimensional(star, snowflake) schemas, Legacy data Conversion, Query Optimization, PL/SQL, SQLscripting.
ETL Tools: PIG, Flume, Sqoop, Informatica PowerCenter 6, SQL *Loader, Oracle Warehouse builder, Stored functions, Packages, Import/export/Data pump, Sybase bcp, Audit reporting
Reporting Tools: Tableau 9,10 MicroStrategy v8, 9, 10, desktop v10, Admin, Integrity manager, Business Objects v6.5, Web Intelligence, COGNOS(basic), Excel pivot tables, formatted queries Programming software R scripting, Python, PIG, Oracle CRM, XML, Unix Shell Programming, SQL Navigator, Toad, Pl/SQL developer, Erwin, C, C++, Enterprise manager, Visio, Rational Clear Case, Microsoft Project 2007, Project 2010 & 2013, WinSQL, JIRA, Teamtrack, Clarity, Remedy, Share point, Rally.
OS: Hadoop HDFS, Windows 8, NT Server/XP, UNIX (HP, SUN, IBM)
Confidential, Stamford, CT
Associate Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Managed business relationships and stakeholder engagement, prioritized solution delivery for custom BI reporting, data science (predictive modeling), and Enterprise Data Warehouse solutions for multiple corporate functions (Sales, Finance, Revenue Analytics, CRM) globally.
- Led the build out of the first cloud based data lake using AWS(EMR, s3 and Hive) to capture and analyze web performance metrics for the digital analytics team.
- Implemented a reporting solution on data lake.
- Built regression, classification and clustering machine-learning models in Python employing pandas, sklearn and dimensionality reduction techniques using the CRISP-DM methodology.
- Built social media text mining models and word clouds using "R"
- Delivered dashboards, visualizations and workbooks in Tableau 10 for presenting insights to Sales & Revenue Analytics users.
- Partnered with cross functional business teams to roll out an Analytics self-service platform for visualizations and corporate dashboards using in-memory departmental datasets (cubes).
- Led the transition to Agile projects delivery model for multiple Data Warehouse Product teams that included 50+ team members (onsite/offshore).
- Trained and coached multiple teams on Agile.
- Co-ordinated business UAT of a $15M data center upgrade including Exadata and Microstrategy migration from v9.4 to v10, enhancing over 40 business-critical applications.
Confidential, Rye, NY
BI Architect Project Manager
- Supervised Project management, demand management, resource management and operations support for Confidential 's Global Business Intelligence (BI) & Data Warehousing (DW) reporting suite.
- Led project teams in NA, Europe, APAC & LATAM for rollout of Enterprise BI/DW projects based on transactional systems & interfaces to deliver critical business dashboards and KPIs.
- Partnered with internal business groups, analysts and stake holders for delivering analytics used in planning sales campaigns, measuring various ROIs and tracking sales, customer activity.
- Interacted with senior management and business stake holders both in communicating project / functional performance and prioritizing feature enhancements.
- Established and managed BI solution delivery processes, responsible for tracking SLAs, usage and other KPIs to drive global adoption of BI tools for strategic decision making.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
BI Reporting Lead
- Delivered best-in-class Business Objects Universe functionality to meet complex analytical and quantitative data reporting needs for the fund of fund business.
- This involved creating universe and database objects, on globally deployed systems.
- Developed 200+ custom reports in Business Objects and Webi making a significant contribution to the core investment team in tracking investments and their performance.
- Improved operational efficiency and productivity by automating report generation and packaging of reports utilizing VBA macros.
- Delivered on-demand reporting solutions to Analysts, Investment Officers, Operations, Marketing and Product Management executives on key decision-making data.
Data Warehouse Specialist
- Delivered various grid/graph based reports in Business Objects utilizing universe based data providers.
- Extracted data from sources like Oracle and Fixed width and Delimited Flat files.
- Designed ETL transformations and scheduled sessions & batch processes using Informatica Server Manager
- Performance tuned source/target databases through use of explain plans, index creation, bulk loads and pipeline partitioning.
- Improved throughput of mappings and sessions.