- I am an innovative thinker and leader with a history of creating high - value analytics and developing the teams and systems necessary to support data-informed strategic planning and decision making.
- I bring first-hand experience with developing strategic analytics, reports and dashboards as well as hiring and managing high-performing teams.
- My leadership experience encompasses the BI/DW space, IT project management, business process reengineering, and enterprise applications, having led the development and adoption of customer-focused business process, data-driven decision making, and innovative organizational collaboration.
- The development of an organizational business intelligence strategy for Confidential that started with targeted delivery of actionable data, analytics and dashboards, and grew according to specific organizational needs, ensuring our ability to deliver value and gain acceptance from stakeholders.
- The implementation of strategic project portfolio management, including a new project management methodology, enterprise IT governance processes and project KPI reporting and dashboards.
- The design and launch of four entirely new functional units at Confidential: the Office of Business Intelligence, Enterprise Data Management, Enrollment Management Systems, and the Office of Student Housing.
Executive Director of Enterprise Data Management
- Provided direct leadership for the Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse, Enterprise Software Support and Project & Portfolio Management functions at Confidential .
- Initiated multi-year BI/DW program implementation to upgrade institutional BI from a SQL-Server based platform to an Oracle platform using primarily OBIEE and ODI on Oracle database.
- Restructured and managed the IT project management team, including development and implementation a new project management methodology based on PRINCE2.
- Developed a PPM governance methodology and a suite of project portfolio analytics, reports and dashboards to support decision making.
- Managed the support function for enterprise applications and systems including the student information systems, finance systems, HR systems, CRM, and others.
- Directly managed implementation projects including a CRM implementation for our undergraduate admissions office, implementation of a SAAS project management tool (Clarizen) for all IT projects, and several smaller data-integration projects.
- Hired, trained and mentored staff and customers in a variety of areas including PM and PPM best practices, dashboard design and development best practices, leadership and management.
- Managed vendor relationships, consultant engagements, contract negotiations, departmental budgets, staff development and other administrative leadership functions.
Director of Enterprise Data Management
- Established and maintained BI systems and processes including dashboard, scorecard and report development using SQL, MS Data Transformation Services and SQL Server.
- Selected and implemented Tableau as the primary enterprise analytics presentation tool.
- Wrote ETLs in SQL, maintained data marts in SQL Server, developed dashboards in Tableau and maintained institutional instance of Tableau Server for dashboard publication.
- Promoted to Director of EDM when responsibility for Enterprise Software Support was added in 2010 and Executive Director when responsibility for IT project management was added in 2011.
Director of Regional Center Operations
- Manage centralized operational functions for seven regional campuses in Southern California.
Director of Enrollment Systems
- Assisted the Interim Vice Provost for Enrollment Management with the organizational restructuring of the Enrollment Management division at Confidential .
Director of Enrollment Management Systems
- Created a data-management unit to improve data integrity, critical business processes and support for tactical and strategic decision making.
- Prototyped the first generation of institutional dashboards and the institution’s first predictive analytics to support strategic enrollment planning using advanced Excel capabilities.
Director of Housing Services
- Created a new operational unit, to manage all housing operations, furniture purchasing, inventory and installation, space design and customer satisfaction.
- During my tenure we maintained over 100% occupancy every year, and designed, built and opened a new 300-bed facility.