Senior Big Data Solutions Architect with strengths in the area of Infrastructure/Architecture, Data Analysis, Solution Design, Hadoop, Cassandra Administration and Oracle Databases. 20+ years overall IT Engineering experience. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with solid consulting, solutions, strategy and leadership background.
- Certified Cloudera Hadoop Administrator (CCA - 410).
- Big Data Technology Administration and Solution Strategy.
- Build/Mentor/Manage Big Data Teams and Projects
- Solution Large scale high availability systems for mission critical applications
- System Architecture and Infrastructure Planning. Enterprise Server Configurations for VLDBs
- Architect Solutions for Disaster Recovery/System Security/Enterprise Data Stores
BIG DATA ARCHITECTURE, SOLUTIONS AND STRATEGY:
- Big Data Solutions and Strategy
- Hadoop Deployment Automation
- Big Data Architecture and Design
- Enterprise Big Data Security
- Hadoop ecosystem implementation
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Legacy and Big Data integration
- Middleware Systems Engineering
- Cluster Configuration Admin Support
- Database Infrastructure and Security
- Application Stability and Performance
- Infrastructure/Platform As A Service
Senior Big Data Administrator/Data Integration Architect
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux O/S support administration and provisioning of Server hardware
- Install/Configure/Maintain Cloudera and Cassandra clusters for application development
- Provision and support Kerberose and LDAP Hadoop security, configure and manage SSL/TLS
- Install/Manage/Support Services Pig, Impala, Hive, sqoop, HBase, Oozie, Flume, Kafka, Spark
- Analyze Monitoring, Logging Metrics. Optimize Hadoop/HDFS Cluster configuration
- Run benchmarks to verify the Hadoop installation, tune Java VMs performance
- Design/Build automation python scripts for data loads into HDFS from Oracle and Netezza. Integrate GoldenGate with Hadoop for Data Ingestion. Build/Tune/Maintain HiveQL and Pig scripts for user BI reporting.
- Work with Application, Development and Infrastructure Teams to design/implement multi-site, multi-active cluster solutions.
- Work on Exadata/Exalogic POC performance testing and Hadoop Integration. Build GoldenGate replication migration strategy to replace Oracle Streams
- Implement/Optimize Database operation processes including backups, Database/Application upgrades. Performance tune Hive/Impala/Spark/Kafka for Hadoop cluster environment.
- Develop automation and monitoring of Hadoop ecosystem components in open source infrastructure stack
- Serve as a subject matter expert within the Hadoop technology stack, serve as a resource to educate developers, data analysts, and other infrastructure engineers/administrators
Sr. Big Data Infrastructure/Architecture Lead
- Installing, administer, and supporting Linux operating systems in an enterprise environment.
- HDFS File system management, support and monitoring.
- Hadoop and Cassandra cluster administration
- Setting up and validating Disaster Recovery replication of data from Production cluster
- Storage, performance tuning and LVM management of Hadoop clusters and MapReduce .
- Monitor Hadoop cluster and performance.
- Responsible for the new and existing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
Sr. Hadoop Data Infrastructure/Administrator
- Provision Linux systems, patch physical systems for use in Hadoop/Cassandra
- Installing and Configuring Systems for use with Cloudera distribution of Hadoop
- Administering and Maintaining Cloudera Hadoop Clusters
- Automate Hadoop Cluster provisioning and management using python scripts
- Management and support of Hadoop Services including HDFS, Hive, Impala, and SPARK. Primarily using Cloudera Manager
- Data Movement using Flume, Cloudera data backup and recovery, connectivity and security
Sr. Data Solutions Architect
- Hadoop Installation & Configuration. Oracle and Hadoop Data Integration
- Setting up Standalone clusters for development and POC environments
- Implement 11R2g/10g RAC end-to-end with /ASM for FlightHub Operations Applications
- Monitor/Troubleshoot/Administering 11gR2/10g 2-node RAC DBs
- Migration of FlightOps application from SUN H/W to 10gRAC/ASM/Linux.
- Implemented RAC (Real Application Cluster) with Data Guard.
- Configuring shared storage (SAN), installing 10g Cluster ware, ASM, 10g Databases, DataGuard.
- Configuring and Monitoring BCV/RMAN and Hot backups and performing recoveries.
- Design/Implement/Support Streams, Goldengate in Development Production Environments.
- Perform stream replication using proprietary, custom replication designed in-house.
S r. Data Architect/Oracle PeopleSoft DBA/Managing Consultant
- Responsible for Technical architecture install/build, performance and configuration assessments.
- Peoplesoft 8.x Financials/Purchasing/OrderEntry ERP Systems Administration.
- Install/Upgrade PeopleSoft 8.x Financials/HR/Inventory Modules
- Installed RAC/ASM in production and non-production database environments on Confidential PSeries H/W
- Built and designed standby databases. Setup and tested Data Guard configurations.
- Coordinated bug/fix patch application with Oracle support.
- Tuned/modified SQL for batch and online processes.
- Automate routine DBA tasks, including database refreshes, backups, monitoring.
- Worked on server consolidation and platform migration of Oracle Databases.
- Installed/Configured/Maintained Shareplex Stream Replication of databases.
- Configured/implemented/tested database backup/recovery using Confidential FlashCopy/DS8100 SAN
- Provide capacity planning as part of migration processes. Provided documentation on DBA procedures.
Sr. Oracle/PeopleSoft DBA/Data Consultant
- Configured, implemented 10g RAC with A SM disk on Linux servers Oracle On-Demand ERP LOB.
- Performed several RDBMS upgrades from 8i to 9i, 9i to 10G on AIX 32 bit and 64 bit platforms -
- Installed Oracle RDBMS on Linux platforms, upgrade, configurations, backup, and recovery.
- Created/setup physical standby database from hot backup of primary database in an ERP environment.
- Perform Disaster Recovery exercises on production systems.
- Designed/documented/implemented, and maintained all disaster recovery procedures
- Installed/Configured Oracle 10G RAC cluster on Linux platform using ASM for a storage manager
- Worked with EMC/Hitachi/ Confidential SAN technologies.
Sr. PeopleSoft Database Administrator
- Installed/Upgraded/Maintain Oracle8.x/9.x databases in a PeopleSoft environment.
- Configured/maintained RMAN backups. Confidential /AIX re-platforming .
- Setup/Managed Shareplex Stream Replication and Standby/Data Guard Failover databases.
- Refreshed databases using BCV devices. Built PS8.4x Financial Upgrade Databases.
- Tuned databases and application, setup auditing.
- Automated DBA tasks and PeopleSoft code deployments using STAT tool.
- Configured Maestro schedules.
Sr. PeopleSoft/ Oracle Database Administrator
- Installed PeopleSoft 8.43 Financials and Purchasing.
- Configured PIA, Application/Process Scheduler Server Domains on multiple Servers.
- Migrated PeopleSoft code objects using STAT Tool.
- Installed Application/Tools patches. Oracle 8i/9i Database Administration.
- Performance tuned Databases/PeopleSoft/Weblogic.
Sr. Systems/PeopleSoft Administrator
- Responsible for multiple database environments to include monitoring, tuning, backup/recovery, implementations and upgrades.
- Maintained/installed Progress9.1/Oracle Application Software.
- Installed and configured PeopleSoft 8.x including application setup and database installation on Oracle 7.3.4 and 8.1.6 databases.
- Oracle PL/SQL development. Performed PeopleSoft Admin functions.
- Installed/Configured PeopleSoft 8.x CRM/Oracle RDBMS. Setup/mange Legato Backup software.
S r. Database Administrator
- Oracle 8.x, 7.x Database Administration. Install/Design/Tune/Configure Oracle.
- Setup, managed database backups and restores.
- Migrated Databases between Oracle and Informix
- Setup/Manage Informix Gateway product
- Responsible for planning, physical and logical design of VLDBs, provided support to development.
- Created physical/logical data models designs, optimize/tuned PL/SQL and database instances.
- Report and web applications development of Telecom projects.
- Installed/Configured Hardware and Software on HP-UX/NT Servers.
- Installed/Configured/maintained BRU backup software.
- Installed/Configured/maintained Web Applications.
- HP-UX 10.x & 9.x System Administration.
- System performance/load testing.
Informix Database Administrator/Programmer
- Designed/developed/tested/installed database applications for manufacturing and MIS functions.
- Informix OnLine 5.01 System Administration and Application Development.
- Monitor/Tune Informix and Progress database activity.
- Install/Manage Informix Database replication
- Develop Informix 4GL/DBD/Perl/Report Applications
- Migrate 4GL to HTML/PHP Work Request Application
- Informix/Perl/DBD/DBI development