- Over 12+ Years of IT experience in all phases of Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and support.
- Over 6+ years of extensive experience with Cognos reporting in all phases of Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and support of Data Warehousing
- Extensive 6+ Years of hands-on experience in developing Data Warehousing/BI applications using Cognos BI, ETL tools with strong business understanding of Retail, Telecom, Oil/Gas, Pharmaceuticals and Health Care domain.
- Close to 4 years of Informatica Experience with Cognos reporting
- 5 Years of Oracle Financials Support Experience
- Strong experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from multiple sources into Data Warehouse
- Expert in Business Intelligence Applications using Cognos Tools such as Cognos 8 BI, Report Net, Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio and Analysis Studio.
- Involved in gathering of business requirements, documenting them technically for all phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Extensively used Framework Manager, Query Studio, and Report Studio for model design, ad-hoc reporting and advanced report authoring.
- Exposure to client interaction and user-requirement analysis.
- Mentored and trained users for the successful execution of the project.
- Developed Dashboard Reports for Senior Management Team.
- Worked extensively on creating Models using Framework Manager and publishing the packages on Cognos Connection for reporting purposes.
- Created complex reports using Report Studio & Ad-hoc web based reports by Query Studio.
- Excellent analytical and logical programming skills with a good understanding at the conceptual level and possess excellent presentation, interpersonal skills with a strong desire to achieve specified goals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience in proposal and presentation creation.
Reporting Tools: Cognos 8.0/8.4/10.1 Suite (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Connection, Event Studio), Business Objects 5.1, Cognos Impromptu, Power Play Transformer, IWR, Upfront, informatics, Tidal and Maestro, Data Manager.
ETL Tools: Informatica, DataStage
OS: Windows 2000/NT/98/95, Sun Solaris 2.x, HP-Unix, Red Hat Linux 7.2/7.3
RDBMS Oracle7/8i/9i/10g (SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions), MS-Access
Data Base Tools: Toad, SQL Navigator 4.0, SQL Loader
Data Modelling: Erwin, Microsoft Visio, SSIS, SSRS,SSAS
Software/Tools: AUTO CAD CCI, MS Office, Adobe
Servers: Application Servers (WAS, Tomcat), Web Servers (IIS, HIS)
Confidential,Richardson TX July 2010 – Present
Confidential,key marketing objectives is to place the customer at the heart of marketing activities. This requires a transformation from the current fractured marketing process, which uses fragmented, brand-led data environments & independent teams, to a more integrated capability that is truly customer-centric and competitively advantageous. Investment in this capability is critical to profitable growth in the future. Consequently Marketing would like to undertake this transformation to a marketing environment which is customer value focused, deriving maximum ROI through optimized multi-channel communication with existing and future customers through.
- Analyzed specifications, developed specification documents for reports as per client requirements and planned business projects
- Extensively worked with an offshore team.
- Installation and upgrading cognos 10 environment.
- Tested reports in analysis studio for upgrading it to cognos10.1
- Design, Develop , Build and Support metadata/ models and cubes in powerplay and Microsoft SSAS
- Attended training in Cognos 10.1 and developed POC for Cognos 10.1 suite; involved in installing and configuring the environment
- Wrote database triggers, procedures, functions in PL/SQL and incorporated business rules and constraints
- Created quantitative and statistical business models by using MS Excels data analysis program, solve function, statistical and financial functions
- Involved in entire project life cycle from installing Cognos 8.4 in the distributive environment and development of the reports
- Built variety of metrics in all versions ofCognosMetricsManager/MetricStudio for score card analysis
- Developed rules file, writing maxl script, MDX Formula, calculation script
- Responsible for using different types of stages such as FTP, Hashed File, Sequential File, Sort Aggregator, Transformer and ODBC to develop different jobs
- Collaborated with other SSIS experts in evaluating the efficiency of load processes and transactional data
- Assisted and supported systems administration for Cognos Planning and Cognos BI applications
- Improved performance by analysis of relational data by creating aggregate tables at multiple levels within and across hierarchies in the dimension tables using data manager
- Worked extensively on TOAD to test and verify the accuracy of thereports
- Built and extracted information to convert processed data into fact tables
- Created star schema grouping for better understanding of the model & facilitate multi-fact (cross-fact) reporting
- Created new procedures, packages, tables, views, and SQL*Loader scripts to meet changed system requirements
- Managed migration from Cognos to SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column on the data retrieved, performed data validation checks during staging, and then loaded the data
- Set up cardinality and determinants to avoid double counting
- Developed advanced reports using Report Studio
- Developed various adhoc report types ranging from simple lists, crosstab, chart, through complex dashboards, drill-through, Master-Detail and Conditional formatting reports
- Data loads are been performed by using the SQL loader, Imports & UTL files based on file formats.
- Ensuring clear query paths by resolving ambiguous relationships (loops)
- Created user groups and roles to manage security in Cognos Connection and access rights of the reports for the end users
- Added business rules by defining different kinds of calculations and filter
- Developed reports using various templates like list report, Cross-tab Report and Chart Report
- Created complex, multi-page reports involving prompts, cascading prompts, conditional rendering and conditional formatting
- Develop macros/create job/event schedules to automate report execution & delivery.
- Strong OLAP capabilities and the speed of the TM1 engine underpin the inherent strength of this technology
- Created dashboards for immediate visibility into key performance indicators KPIs for corrective action and rapid decision-making
- Performance tuning by analyzing and comparing the turnaround times between SQL and Cognos.
- Work closely with Customers in US, UK and
ENVIRONMENT: Informatica Powercenter 7/8.0, Teradata SQL Assistant,SQL PLU, Cognos10.1, Cognos 8.4 (Cognos Connection, Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Enterprise Planning, Event studio), Cognos Series 7 , Cognos Access Manger, Oracle 10g,Windows 2000/2005 Server, DB Visualizer, Data Manager8.4 ,Transformer 8.4, SSIS, SSRS, UNIX, ODBC, DB2, Metric Studio v(8.3), DB2 9.7
Confidential,Deerfield, IL Sept 2009 – June 2010
Confidential,is Japan based Pharmaceutical Company founded in 1998 in United States of America. Takeda\'s U.S. clinical development activities are conducted via Takeda Global Research & Development Center, Inc., which has a robust pipeline of compounds in multiple therapeutic areas including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and gastroenterology. Amortize, Roemer, Prefaced and Actors are some of the products in the market which are used for the various treatments to the patients in need
- Gathered user requirements from distinct Business units and documented best practices that helps user to create liability free and primed reports
- Created database connections for different data sources
- Developed and Published Packages in Framework Manager by creating database layer, physical layer and presentation layer, & defining appropriate relationships between query subjects
- Created employee profile report using tabular sets showing data for each employee
- Created crosstabs reports using summary filters using tabular SQL to display information for each division
- Created 3-D graphs, lists & charts and performed Slicing & Dicing
- Enabled time-based partitioning, consolidation to optimize the cube performance and report response time.
- Created user classes, users and database sign-on in Access Manager to provide different levels of authentications in all Cognos products used in the organization
- Modified packages to generate perceptive reports for better analysis
- Designed models according to business needs using PowerPlay Transformer
- Created Business mix reports, Top ten reports and Exceptional reports
Confidential,Erie, PA Jan 2008 – July 2009
Confidential,is the world’s leading manufacturer of medical diagnostic equipment. The business interests of the company are widely dispersed with clients across the globe. Business Intelligence Systems provide reliable service to its clients with optimal response time and efficiency. The Business Intelligence system of the company has over 50 data marts that pull data from servers spread across the world.
- Involved in gathering Business Requirements.
- Prepared the requirements specification document.
- Built Framework Manager Model and established the cardinalities to suit the business needs.
- Created Packages and published packages to Cognos server.
- Created Ad-hoc reports using Query Studio.
- Created complex reports using Report Studio.
- Developed complex dashboard reports using Report studio.
- Involved in Installation of Cognos Server, Frame Work Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio and Cognos Connection.
- Developed multiple page reports with page-breaks based on the first page of the report using Master-detail relationship.
- Deployed the packages and reports from development to test environment and test to production environment.
- Scheduled various reports using Schedule Management used in Cognos Connection.
- Involved creating and maintenance of views, indexes using TOAD as per report requirements.
- Fine-tuned SQL queries and reports for performance.
- Created mappings and reusable mapplets using ETL tool Informatica power center to transform data from multiple sources including flat files and Oracle relational sources.
- Created and validated active/passive transformations like Source qualifier, Router, Normalizer, Aggregator, Filter, Joiner, Expression, Lookup, Update strategy and reusable mappings
ENVIRONMENT: Cognos Suite 8.0(Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Connection, Framework Manager), Oracle 9.2, Ms-Access , Windows 2000, TOAD 7.3, Informatica Power Center, SQL Server 2005, Flat files, MS Excel, Erwin.
Confidential,NYC Jul 2005 - Dec 2007
- Imported metadata from different sources such as relational databases, XML sources and Impromptu Catalogs into the Framework Manager
- Applied package level, data level, and object level securities in Framework Manager
- Created model level Query Subject depending on the requirements
- Designed and developed projects, packages, reports using Framework Manager, Query Studio and Report Studio
- Created and published packages to Report Studio using Framework Manager
- Developed stored procedures in PL/SQL
- Created dashboards and scorecards using Report Studio and Metric Studio
- Created several List, Crosstab, Chart, and Repeater Reports using Report Studio
- Developed prompt pages and used Conditional Formatting
- Worked with Cognos Customer Support to address problems and resolve problems and provided training to end-users
- Used statistical procedures MIXED, PHREG, ANOVA, TTEST and GLM
- Used SAS procedures to generate inferential and categorical statistics and presented them in the reports
- Generated analysis data sets from the raw data, based on the requirement specification given by the statistician
- Assisted and supported systems administration for Cognos planning and Cognos BI applications
- Developed and prepared new and enhancement of existing Cognos 8 applications
- Administered and supported reporting tools to provide reporting, ad-hoc query and dashboard solutions and capabilities to end users
- Used MDX functions such as topCount, topPercent
- Created reports and listings based on the List of Tables (LOT) and Mock tables provided by the clinical statistician’s team.
- Used SAS functions and Pfizer standard utility macros for data set validation involved in developing utility macros that did data checks and variable validation
- Developed Multidimensional Models in Transformer and generated Power Cubes for OLAP that comprise dimensions, hierarchies, levels, categories, and measures
- Created Alternate Drill-Down Path, Special Categories & Currency Conversion set up to better suit different user groups
ENVIRONMENT: Cognos 8.1.2/8.4 MR2 (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Metric Studio), Report Net 1.1 MR3, ORACLE 9i/10g, SQL Server 2005, TOAD 7.2, Erwin 4.0, Access Manager, Transformer 8.1, DB2, Data Stage 7.0,
Confidential,Middletown, CT Oct 2000- May 2005
The Application is a Comprehensive Order-Entry system, which includes features like receiving the initial order, processing the order, Production Planning and Control, Delivery and Invoicing. The application is open-ended to integrate smoothly with other Master Applications, namely Materials Management, procurement Planning and Financial Management. It was designed to be extremely flexible and take into account business realities such as different degrees of priority, various levels of urgency, features specific to individual customers (price, discount), possibility of back orders and separate shipments.
- Worked on support of Oracle Purchasing, Procurement, supplier Portal, Oracle EDI Gateway
- Provided support and upgrade of Time Management (Scheduling) & Order Management
- Validation and escalate issues for Inventory Processes Achieving the highest sales goals every quarter.
- Proficient in Managing Receiving Systems, Inventory Systems, Sales Orders Systems, Order Management Systems, Time Management Systems, Human Resource Systems, Customer Service Systems, and POS Systems etc.
- Created table spaces and managed table spaces adding/deleting/ resizing data files
- Migrate data to other databases andDatabase storage management
- Automated backupsand software release installs
- Rebuilt, reorganized and simplified databases
- Upgraded database from9i to 10g on Linux and Solaris Platforms
- Enhanced development, maintenance and performance
- Patch application inUNIXas well asOracle
- Actively involved in group meeting, user interaction to get feedback from users and to meet business requirements
ENVIRONMENT: Linux,Oracle Purchasing, Procurement, Oracle EDI Gateway, SQL, Windows NT, Solaris TOAD, Export/Import, Performance Tuning
Confidential,Saudi Arabia 1999-2000
Global Procurement Team is responsible for managing and directing all process, systems, and activities undertaken by the company relating to the supply of goods and services. GP team uses a COGNOS report to do YTD analyses of spend on Material goods and services purchased by ARAMCO Petrochemical Plant. The team uses a SAP report with which the COGNOS report is reconciled. Siemens analyzed the ETL (Informatica) for Vendor spend and with the help of SAP functional specialist identified the issues causing the spend amount in the 2 reports not to reconcile. The project involved in fixing the issues in ETL and performance tuning the mappings populating the tables in Oracle hub for Vendor spends report. The existing Vendor spend report was redesigned to meet the client requirement. Existing Informatica mappings were modified and new mappings were created populating the fact tables for Compliance reports. A set of compliance reports was developed in COGNOS which helped the users to monitor the compliance violation. These COGNOS reports are being used by the Global Procurement team to see the vendor spend and to monitor the Compliance violations.
- Data Analysis & Data Modeling of required Fact and dimension tables.
- Worked closely with the design and support team for the Petrochemical plant ARAMCO
- Building high-level ETL flow diagram to pull data from SAP into Oracle HUB
- Involved in the design document preparation based on the issue analysis and fixes
- Tracking the cable tray piping foundations and provide pipe racks Correction of drawings on AutoCAD R-13
- Involved in resolving issues in the ETL and reporting that caused the Vendor spend amount in COGNOS not to reconcile with the amount in SAP report.
- Involved in the performance tuning of the existing ETL mappings
- Involved in design, development and testing of ETL mappings
ENVIRONMENT: Informatica, SAP, Oracle 9i, Cognos, AutoCAD R-3
Confidential,Saudi Arabia 1996 -1998
Confidential,is the state-owned oil company ranked first among oil companies worldwide in terms of crude oil production and exports, and natural gas liquids (NGL) exports, and are among the leading producers of natural gas. We are also among the world\'s leading refiners and are moving further downstream into chemicals production. The business’ IM environment uses a version of the Decision stream tool associated with its ERP and non-ERP databases that is de supported by the decision stream with its Oracle upgraded databases. Objective of the project is to perform the migration of Decision Stream tool to Informatica to ensure compliance with ARAMCO tech stack and to reduce business risk from inter-compatibility and lack of vendor support
- Involved in gathering the business requirements and molding them in to the technical specifications required for the conversions team.
- Designed ETL mapping based on Existing ETL logic.
- Involved in the development of Informatica mappings and also tuned for better performance.
- Extensively used ETL to load data from flat files (excel/access) to Oracle.
- Load balancing of ETL processes, database performance tuning and Capacity monitoring.
- Analyzed the source system of ETL Maps. Developed the ETL routines.
- Designed and developed the fact/dimension entities.
- Involved in the Unit testing, Event & Thread testing and System testing of the individual
- Migration of data from Oracle to Netezza.
ENVIRONMENT: Informatica Power Center, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL Server, NT,MS Excel.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in Engineering