- Over 7 years of experience in BusinessObjects XI3.1,XI R1/R2,6.x Designing /Managing Universes using Designer, Info view ,building Ad-hoc/Standard reports using Full Client/ Web Intelligence XI R2/XI 3.1 Report Developer.
- Strong Knowledge in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as developing, Testing, Migrating, Administrating, security management and production support.
- Expertise in Universe designing for Performance Management and Reporting needs.
- Experienced in developing reports using Business Objects Webi Rich Client, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence.
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Marts, Star, Snow Flake Schema Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, Entity-Relationship Modeling, OLTP and OLAP concepts.
- Knowledge in creating Style-guide, Templates & Technical Designs for the Xcelsius.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and tools.
- Experience in Advanced Excel/ Macros.
- Experience in migrating BusinessObjects Older versions to newer versions.
- Proven abilities in creating complex reports by linking data from multiple data providers, using free hand SQL, stored procedures and functionalities like Combined Queries
- Experience in rolling out dynamic dashboards to production.
- Experience in creating users and user groups, restricted access of the users as needed using Central Management Console (CMC)
- Strong contributor towards knowledge management activities including project documentation and other technical documentation
- Experience in Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Knowledge in collections of procedures and functions of Excel.
- Knowledge in ETL development using INFORMATICA Power Center/Power Mart 8.0/7.1.x version for large data load Mappings, performance tuning for high volume data loads, aggregate data processing\'s in most optimized time.
- Implemented best practices in report design and universe creation.
- Efficiently mapped business requirements and processes to technical solutions.
- Good understanding of all the architectural differences between all versions of BusinessObjects.
- Hands on experience in Dashboard Lifecycle Management.
- Efficient in Optimizing, Debugging, Tuning and testing SQL queries, views and stored procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent problem resolution and communication skills with the ability to work under pressure in a highly visible role.
- Exceptionally motivated and skilled in effective time management and meeting user requirements with uncompromising detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing professional work environment to implement software solutions in an efficient manner.
- Excellent team player, interfacing across business and technical groups and ability to work independently.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts and applications.
BusinessObjects suite (XI 3.1/XI R1/R2 /6.x), Crystal Reports 10.0/XI/2008,Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Info View, Broadcast Agent, Xcelsius 2008, Central Management Console.
Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS SQL Server2008/2005, Tera Data, Sybase
Informatica Power Center 8.1,7.1,6.2,SQL Loader, Data Integrator
Dimensional Data Modeling
Dimensional Data Modeling, Data Modeling, Star Join Schema Modeling, Snowflake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables,
IIS 6.0/5.0, Apache Tomcat 5.0.27/4.1
Microsoft Office Suite(Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
C, C++,VBA, SQL, PL / SQL, MS SQL Server, MYSQL
Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows 7.
BusinessObjects Developer (March 2011- till date)
Confidential,provides services and products to health care providers and payors. From pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to sophisticated medical hospital workflow solutions, our offerings help customers reduce costs, streamline processes and, most importantly, improve patient care and medication safety. McKesson is dedicated to delivering the vital medicines, supplies and information technologies that enable the health care industry to provide patients better, safer care.
- Worked on McKesson Revenue Management, Medicaid Value Programs (MVP), and disease management.
- Involved in the requirement gathering from the business users to build the new Universe and set of Business Objects – Web Intelligence Reports.
- Worked closely with the Business Analysts to understand this business Requirements.
- Implemented all phases of the project life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and post-production support/maintenance.
- Created the new universe with multiple Star Schemas and resolved the Loops and fine tuned the universe.
- Involved as member of the team responsible for the move to XI R 3.1 from BO XI R1/R2.
- Created/Edited Universes and applied row level and object level securities on groups and users.
- Resolving join path Problems like Chasm Trap andFan Trap and Loops by creating Context and Aliases.
- Designed and developed Universes by defining Joins, Cardinalities between tables, linking universes, restrictions and aggregate aware objects.
- Created user Conditions and Filters for various reports to specify the reporting parameters as per the business rules and the requirements of the end users.
- Used the Publishing wizard to export different document types as objects to different folders in CMC.
- Created web reports with multiple data providers and synchronized the data using merge dimensions option.
- Contributed to the project planning process by estimating Reporting tasks and deliverables.
- Involved in the Tuning the SQL and Query Performance issues.
- Created technical and user documentation which has the step by step process of creating reports and using the functionality of Business Objects.
- Attended Weekly meeting to update the work completed to developers and business users.
- Scheduled reports per agreed upon timelines, modify as requested by customers, Audit and validate cross-functional system data to ensure data integrity, Troubleshoot applications issues.
- Associate with ETL team to build a data warehouse environment and provide constant updates about the necessary changes required.
- Involved in testing reports and application.
Environment: BusinessObjects XI 3.1, XI R1/R2 - Designer, Crystal Reports 2008/ XI, CMC, CCM, Web Intelligence, Dashboard Manager, Desktop Intelligence, Xcelsius 2008,Oracle 10g, TeraData, Windows2003,WindowsXP.
BusinessObjects Developer (Jan 2010- Mar 2011)
Confidential,provides customer access to the full range of FedEx transportation, supply chain, e-commerce, business and related information services by integrating sales, marketing, information technology, and customer services support for the global FedEx brand.
- Created universe with multiple fact tables using contexts.
- Involved in Data validation of various streams of the enterprise data warehouse.
- Involved in meeting with business people for the business signoff.
- Generated Many Financial Reports on Aircraft and related equipment.
- Did bug fixing for various distributor margin reports.
- Modified reports for Data consistency, Variable consistency across reports.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing.
- Created excel version of reports for Data Validation and uploaded to the Portal for end-user validation.
- Responsible for finding data inconsistency in various streams of information warehouse and update the Data team.
- Worked as a bridge between the Reporting team and the ETL team.
- Written documentation for the newly created reports.
- Involved in designing Universe right from the ETL design.
- Designed, developed, tested and maintained highly complex reports.
- Created Ad-hoc reports using Full Client in Business Objects.
- Involved in end-user testing.
- Created complex reports by linking data from multiple data providers.
- Spent time with users in modifying the reports and reviewed reports based on user feedback.
Environment: BusinessObjects XI R2/3.1, Web Intelligence, Oracle 10g, TOAD, Visual Source Safe, MS Word, MS Excel, XML, Window 2003
BusinessObjects Developer (Nov 2008 – Dec 2009)
Confidential,core retail products in the U.S. consist of life insurance, long-term care insurance, annuities and mutual funds. John Hancock\'s values guide everything we do from strategic planning to day-to-day decision making, to the manner in which they treat customers and other stakeholders. By providing the highest quality products, services, advice and sustainable value, ensures customers receive excellent solutions to meet their individual needs.
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Worked on all Financial Service Products of John Hancock.
- Involved in support and maintenance of the BusinessObjects Application.
- Supported Production systems as required resolving production problems, and providing timely follow up on problematic reports.
- Design, Develop and Test the BO Universe and other related Objects.
- Involved in Report and Universe Migration Support.
- Conducted Report Performance Report Testing.
- Involved in performance tuning of existing Dashboards and Dashboard Design alternatives.
- Generated reports on consumers’ behavior towards Financial Services products.
- Involved in Enhancement of existing Universe’s and adding new tables & objects to the Universe as per the requirements.
- Provided consulting support to Report developers (Business Users).
- Participated in Technical discussion for the development of reports.
- Created complex financial models in Excel, from scratch, used vlookup formulas, conditional sums, array formulas pivot tables and creating macros.
- Involved in Excel & Access development to help automate a number of reports for this organization.
- Performed Knowledge Transfer to Key Business Users on using and developing Reports.
- Created reports using stored procedures.
- Worked with Database Administrators, Application Developers & Business user’s in order to ensure business requirements meet expected results.
- Involved in Troubleshooting the data problems associated with reporting.
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting and fixing of business objects/web Intelligence reports.
- BO XI R3.1 analysis for upgrade, reviewed tools including Universe Designer, Import Wizard, Report Conversion Tool, Publishing Wizard, etc.
- Associated with ETL team for financial data to reducing data integrity risk when collecting, mapping, and moving data.
- Developed Full client reports using multiple Queries, combination of charts and tables.
- Created complex reports by linking data from multiple data providers.
Environment: BusinessObjects XIR2/XI3.1 (Universe Designer, Central Management Console, Web Intelligence, Import Wizard, and Live office), Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server 2000, MS Access, MS Excel, Windows 2000, UNIX.
BusinessObjects Developer (May 2006- Oct 2008)
Confidential,in collaboration with Green Clinical Services offers solutions for investors, doctors, researchers, networkers and Healthcare Facilities to reduce the volume and toxicity of medical waste. Recycling Healthcare Facilities waste is a green trend as the recycle process already started on the many durable medical devices that can be sterilized, recalibrated and resold for substantial savings. It provides solutions that assist Healthcare Facilities to gain substantial savings to the Clinical Industry.
- Involved in migration of Business Objects 6.5 to Business Objects Enterprise XI R2
- Worked on Designer XI, Publishing wizard, Info view, Central Management Console, modules of BusinessObjects XI.
- Interacted with the users to analyze the changes for improvement they need in existing reports and developed the reports to satisfy their needs and requirements. Build and test universes and reports catered to end user requests.
- Designed and developed the Universes with Classes, Objects, conditions, measure objects, defining joins, cardinality between tables and linked the existing Universes using BusinessObjects XI.
- Releasing webi and deski documents to Test and Production environment.
- Setting up the Aggregate awareness functionality in the Universe between the objects of Summary tables.
- Detected cardinalities, loops, and checked the Integrity of Universes.
- Generated Master/Detail reports based on user specification(s).
- Developed Dashboards in InfoView to accomplish launching various Reports
- Implemented different level of hierarchies for drill down reports.
- Controlled Reports data by working with Universe and queries.
- Used Filters, Sorts and Rankings.
- Automated document Scheduling, Publishing and Distribution for Web Intelligence and Info view clients, using the Broadcast Agent for Web Part Reports.
- Created Static and Dynamic Parameter fields for the filtering of the data
- Created reports using Web Intelligence, published and maintained critical business documents.
- Used custom .LOV files from personal files and applied conditions of LOV files.
- Generated linked reports with complex cross-tab reports with multiple queries, conditions, global filters and multiple data providers.
- Worked with Developers for performance tuning of the queries to improve user experience.
Environment: BusinessObjects 6.5,XI R1/R2 (Universe Designer, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence Info View, BCA), MS SQL Server 2005, Oracle 9i/10g, Crystal Reports 10/XI R1/R2, Windows 2003 Server,
PL/SQL Developer / BusinessObjects (Consultant) (Feb 2005 - Apr 2007)
Confidential,is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Committed to delivering innovation, Virtusa collaborates with its clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. With deep industry and business process expertise, broad global resources and a proven track record, Virtusa can mobilize the right people, skills and technologies to help clients improve their performance.
- Worked in SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Query Performance tuning.
- Created DDL scripts, database objects like Tables, Views, Indexes, Synonyms and Sequences.
- Developed stored procedures, triggers, SQL scripts to facilitate functionality for various modules and to implement business requirements.
- Created VBA programs to automatically consolidating Excel
- Installed and Configured Business Objects on Both Client and Server Installations.
- Created Default users using Central Management Console for the Application to verify the Reports.
- Worked in the Team closely with Functional Architect, DBA and Analysts.
- Created Derived Tables in the Universe to meet the Reporting Requirements, and to resolve report level complexity.
- Tuned and Enhanced Universes with SQL Queries for the Report Performance.
- Worked with User Interface (UI) Developers to create Urls for Single Sign-on, passing the Required Parameters to run the Report.
- Generated Reports from Different Data Providers in Business Objects using a Normalized Schema Database.
- Designed and developed Universes by defining joins, cardinalities between tables, linked the existing Universes using BusinessObjects.
- Created Aliases, Multiple contexts for catering different functional areas in a single user query.
- Performed queries to fetch new data, and create reports in Business Objects 6.5 by connecting to Oracle Data Sources.
- Created various reports like Master/Detail reports, Cross Tab reports, Slice and Dice reports, Charts using Freehand SQL and Stored Procedure as data providers.
- Created complex reports using multiple queries and sub queries.
- Used calculations, variables, breaks, sorting, filters, alerts and prompts while developing and creating reports.
- Converted the Desktop Intelligence reports to Web Intelligence reports using Report Conversion tool
- Created and maintained BusinessObjects & Web Intelligence reports.
- Published existing reports to corporate intranet through Web Intelligence.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, MS Access , MS Excel, BusinessObjects 6.x, Web Intelligence 6.X, Desktop Intelligence, Oracle 9i, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000.
- Bachelor of Technology, Computer Science