8 years of IT Experience
7 years of Business Objects Experience
- SDLC: 8 years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of Data Warehousing
- Business Intelligence: Business Intelligence experience with complete life cycle Implementations using Business Objects XI 4.0R3/XIR2/6.5/6.1/6.0/5.1 (Supervisor, Designer, Info view, Business Objects Reporting Business Objects SDK, Xcelsius, Web-Intelligence 3.2/2.7/2.6/2.5, Web-I SDK, Broadcast Agent, Publisher, BO Set Analyzer, Data Integrator, Application Foundation & Dashboard Manager)
- Business Objects: 7 years of Extensive experience in installation and configuration of Business Objects full client & thin client environment. Created complex reports by, using functionalities like Combined Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Master Detail, etc. Extensive experience in Business Objects Enterprise products namely Business Objects Designer, Business Objects Reporting, Business Objects Supervisor, Web Intelligence, Info View and scheduling the reports using Broadcast Agent Publisher (BCA), Crystal Xcelsius. Set up Broad Cast Agent and Configured the Broad Cast Agent.
- ETL: Experience in loading huge amount of data into data warehouse using ETL tools like DTS and SSIS.
- Data Modeling: Experience in analyzing, designing and modeling data warehouses and star schema data marts for various business verticals like Retail sales, Health Care (Pharmacy), Financial and Insurance,. Good at Database Design, conceptual, logical and physical Data Modeling, Star Schema, Snowflake; FACT and Dimensions tables, slowly changing dimensions (SCDs).
- Databases: 7 years of solid database experience in Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.x, Teradata V2R5/V2R4, DB2 8.0/7.0/6.0, MS SQL Server 2000/05/08, (database triggers, materialized views, In-line views, Packages, stored procedures, functions, and database constraints), SQL Loader, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL and oracle DBMS Packages, oracle supplied utilities, Developer 2000 (Forms 6i/5.0, Reports 3.0/2.5), TOAD, Rapid SQL.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Business Objects XI 4.0/R3/R2/6.5/6.1/6.0/5.1 (Supervisor, Designer, Info view, Web-Intelligence, Data Integrator , Xcelsius, Web-I SDK, Broadcast Agent, Publisher, Designer, Supervisor, Auditor, Application Foundation Dashboard Manager, Report Writer, BO Set Analyzer, Application Foundation & Dashboard Manager),
Functional Requirements Gathering, User Interviews, Business Requirements Gathering, Process Flow Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Data Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Design, Data Modeling, Data Architecture, Data Flow, Data Cleansing
Dimensional Data Modeling
Dimensional Data Modeling, Data Modeling, Star Join Schema Modeling, Snowflake schema, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling, ERWIN 4.5/4.0/3.5/3.2, Oracle Designer, Visio and Sybase Power Designer.
Informatica Power Center 8.1/8.0/7.1.2, Power Mart 6.2/5.1.1, Data Services, Workflow Manager, Work flow Monitor, ETL, ETI, Data mart, OLAP, OLTP, Mapplet, Transformations, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader
Oracle 10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.x, IBM DB2 UDB 8.0/7.0, MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000/7.0/6.0, Teradata V2R5/V2R4/V2R3, Sybase 12.x/11.x, MS Access.
Unix Shell Scripting, Kernel Programming, Perl Programming, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Transact SQL, ANSI SQL, VB, Java, C, C++
Sun Solaris 2.6/2.7, HP-UX 10.20/9.0, IBM AIX 4.2/4.3, MS DOS 6.22, Novell NetWare 4.11/3.61, Win 3.x/95/98, Win NT, Red Hat Linux, Sun-Ultra, Sun-Spark, Sun Classic, SCO Unix, HP9000, RS6000, Win 3.x/95/98, Win 2000, Win XP. MS-Dos
Client: Confidential, Bothell, Washington State Mar'2010 - Till Date
Role: Sr.Business Objects Administrator.
Confidential, is an Americanmultinationaltelecommunications corporation headquartered inWhitacre Tower,Dallas, Texas, United States. It is the second largest provider ofmobile telephonyandfixed telephonyin the United States, and is also a provider ofbroadbandandsubscription televisionservice.
Project Description: Interactive Voice Response (IVR) offers Cingular customers a self-service system for obtaining account balances and last payment recorded, make payments, obtain technical assistance, and listen to instructions on voice mail. The system can recognize callers and interact with their account data in real-time, reading, writing, and articulating data. Callers who choose not to use the IVR can talk to a Call Center Representative (CCR)
- Hands on experience with implementation on large installations on unix/Solaris environment
- Trouble shooted the environment related issues by looking the Business Objects logs and Event logs and also worked with SAP Technical support to resolve multiple issues.
- Worked with DBA to back up the entire environment on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Having extensive knowledge on audit reviewing, advanced troubleshooting and experience to provide solutions (or) suggest solutions
- Upgraded BO XI 3.1 Sp3 to BO XI 4.0.
- Implemented Business objects on multiple servers performing load balancing and clustering in order to have high availability all the time to the clients.
- I have expertise in BO 4.0 software installation, configuration, tuning, performance monitoring, issues resolution and user assistance
- Prototypes of the approach along with documentation describing requirement, limitations, and future plans.
- Did the Administrative Tasks like setting up new Users, Groups and assigning security at Folder level and I did LDAP/AD authentication for the business objects
- Knowledge transfer sessions with IT team responsible for taking it over and maintaining it.
- Discuss Integration and Road mapping for future SAP BOBJ products.
- Review an Architecture Assessment Analysis (Sizing Analysis).
- Review and discuss and assess the current Security Model.
- Having experience on all Bo product suites.
- Having good knowledge on Central Management Console, Info view
- I also Support all the technical issues of Interactive Voice Response (IVR) which offers AT & T customers a self-service system for obtaining account balances and last payment recorded, make payments, obtain technical assistance, and listen to instructions on voice mail.
- The system can recognize callers and interact with their account data in real-time, reading, writing, and articulating data. Callers who choose not to use the IVR can talk to a Call Center Representative (CCR).
- Worked with web logic as a middle ware interface in order to interact with different applications.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, with excellent verbal communication skills.
Environment: Business Objects XI 3.1/4.0, Crystal Reports 2008, Dashboard Manager, Xcelsius 2008, Unix/Solaris servers, PL/SQL, TOAD, Oracle 11g,LCM.
Client: Confidential, Tampa, Florida Sep'10 - Mar'2011
Role: Sr. Business Objects Admin/ Developer.
Confidential, is a global securities, investment banking and retail banking firm. It is a major provider of financial services, with assets of $2 trillion, and is the U.S. banking institution having the second largestmarket capitalizationand third largest domestic deposit base.
Project description: The primary objective of the EFS Technology and capacity risk review, Pillar II is to migrate the End of Day (EOD) processing from the Tandem hosts to a distributed platform. The current EOD processing on the Tandem hosts compete with the real time card authorizations for the eCAP and EBT application. Processing capacity fluctuates during those EOD cycles leading to an unstable environment to processes card authorization. The end result of the project will reliably replicate the necessary data to complete EOD on a distributed platform and return the Tandem platform to primarily service real time card authorizations.
- Experienced in installing, configuring, and fine tuning the SAP Business Objects XI on existing Solaris v10 UNIX HP servers.
- Experience installing configuring BO Lifecycle Manager (LCM) & creating promotion jobs
- Experienced in promoting SAPBusinessObjectsenvironments through development, QA, UAT, DR and production using LCM (Life Cycle Management).
- Perform environment refreshes, and apply software patches and fixes.
- Clustered the servers successfully by distributing the Business Objects Services effectively between all the servers to make the Business Objects Environment Highly Available and get the "FAILOVER" to work efficiently.
- Experienced in scheduling the reports, programs in CMC.
- Installed and configured Collabnet Subversion on Dev server.
- Upgraded BO XIR2 to BO XI 3.1.Did migration of reports, users from Dev to QA
- Configured LCM with the Collabnet Subversion to track the versions in Dev, QA and did check in and checkout from Collabnet Subversion.
- Experienced in creating crystal reports. Importing crystal reports Into CMC
- Involved in day to day Business Objects Server maintenance. Did server maintenance using UNIX shell scripts.
- Experience in scheduling of repository backup and tuning the Business Objects servers for a better performance.
- Performed all the Administrative Tasks like setting up new Users, Groups and assigning security at Folder level.
- Customization of Business Objects Enterprise using SDK.
- Developed Web service to generate text files (events), whenever the data gets updated. Such that the report gets generated.
- Configuration of tomcat server for SSL. Used the SHA digester to encrypt the password in tomcat.
- Experienced in configuring and administering security in BOE 3.1 Sp3.Experienced in using Tomcat with BOE.
- Responsible for theAdministrationof the tools such as CMC, LCM.Administering BOBJ Security settings and setting up user, user groups and application security.
- Ability and willingness to provide off-hours support.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated commitment to production of high quality documentation.
Environment: Oracle Database 11g, tandem, BOE XI 3.1 sp3. LCM sp3, Info View, BO SDK, Solaris v10 UNIX HP servers, Crystal reports 2008, SQL developer, SQL, PL/SQL, Windows XP (client)
Confidential, Glendale, Arizona May'09 - Sept'10
Sr Business Objects Developer
Confidential,Confidential, is the largestengineeringcompany in theUnited States ranking as the 5th-largest privately owned company in the U.S. With headquarters in San Francisco.. The reports developed provide analysis capabilities to view by locations and time periods the distributions made in detail.
- Gathered Customer, User and Owner requirements; analyzed and documented them.
- Migrated Report, universes, user from XiR2 to XiR3.
- Experience in Warehouse development, working with Data Migration, Data Conversion and Extraction/Transformation/Loading using Data Integrator and Data Services with Oracle PL/SQL.
- Setup, execute, and test the assigned programs utilizing BO XIR3 WebI and DeskI tools.
- Extensively used Business Objects Designer to design and maintain Data warehouse Universe.
- Exporting universe to the repositories to make resources available to the users.
- Responsible for Universe Designing, Hierarchy Building for Data Analysis and applied conditions in Business Objects.
- Creation of reports like Reports by Product, Reports by Customer, Reports by Period, Demographic reports and Comparative reports, Working with database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Created reports using WEBI, DESKI, full client.
- Created complex reports using user-defined functions like @variables, @prompt, condition Objects and Aggregate Awareness Functions for SQL enhancement.
- Developed standard canned, adhoc reports & crystal reports.
- Use of BO Designer Module to implement Universes, linkages between tables, creating prompts and queries, parsing the Universes, applying contexts and alias tables to remove cyclic dependencies.
- Designed, developed, tested and maintained highly complex reports.
- Used Business Objects Data Integrator XI R2 for ETL extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems.
- Performance tuned Business Objects Data Integrator XI jobs to ensure optimal performance.
- Extensively used Data Integrator to cleanse and populate target database.
- Created Add-Ins and Macros based on the end users requirement using VBA (BO SDK).
- Customization of Business Objects using Enterprise SDK. Modified the look and feel of the webi and integrated the reports with the intranet portal.
- Scheduled and monitored reports using Broadcast Agent Console.
- Trained end users in understanding the reports. Functionalities such as Slice and Dice, Prompt, Drill mode and Ranking were used for Multidimensional Formatting.
Environment: Business Objects XIR3/XIR2, Crystal Reports 2008, Data Integrator XIr2,Dashboard Manager, Xcelsius 2008, Web I 3.2, Deski, Windows 2000/NT, PL/SQL, T-SQL scripts, TOAD, Oracle 10g, Tera data, db2.
Confidential,Bloomington, IL Aug'07-Apr '09
Sr Business Objects Developer/Admin
Confidential, is a group of insurance and financial services companies. It is the largest automobile insurer in the United States and insures more cars and homes in the United States than any other insurer. The project is developed for the sales and Insurance division. The project was to design and develop Universes and deploy concerned reports using Business Objects XIR2 and upgrade reports using Business Objects XIR3.
- Requirements Gathering and Business analysis
- Familiarized the business, its strategy and implementation.
- Gathered Customer, User and Owner requirements analyzed and documented them.
- Worked on Installation and Configuration of Business Objects XI.
- Designed and customizing data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources on real time.
- Actively involved in creating SSIS packages to transform data from OLTP database to a data warehouse
- Scheduling the SSIS packages and jobs.
- Migrated reports from BO 6.5 to BO XI2.
- Setup hierarchies in the Universe for providing drill down options in the reporting environment.
- Created Sets, Metrics, Rules, using Set Analyzer and Dashboard Manager.
- Created and customized application dashboards using Application Foundation and used balanced score cards and speedometers.
- Experience in cleansing data in DI using proper data types and mappings and to create Workflows using object library and tool palette to execute data flows.
- Linked two universes sales and customer using kernel approach.
- Created multiple universes and resolved Loops by creating table aliases and contexts.
- Worked with database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, materialized views, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects, LOVs, and hierarchies.
- The universes were frequently tested for validity and correctness of inferred SQL.
- Created reports on development data to test the functionality of universes with a group of power users.
- Scheduled reports to business users and owners using Broadcast Agent.
- Exported the Business Objects reports to Web I to be viewed by all users on the Intranet using Web I; SDK with JSP plug-in.
- Extensively worked on OLAP cubes for building universes.
- Performance tuned Business Objects Data Integrator XI jobs to ensure optimal performance.
- Extensively used Data Integrator to cleanse and populate target database.
- Developed Internal control reports to validate the ETL load and scheduled it.
- Created reports using WEBI, DESKI, full client.
- Created reports using the business object functionality like queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, functions and formulae.
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports reporting system including Crystal Server reports distribution infrastructure.
- Experience with Crystal Xcelsius dynamic data presentation software.
- Created the stores procedures and functions at the back end.
- Fine-tune the existing universes to enhance their performance.
- Created graphs/charts for the reports, Created Master Detail and Cross Tab Reports.
- Enabled/Disabled different servers in Central Configuration Manager and Central Management Console.
- Performed Server Management Tasks, using Central Configuration Manager (CCM) and Central Management Console (CMC).
Environment: Business Objects XIR2/6.5/6.1,Data Integrator, Dashboard Manager, Xcelsius, Web I 6.1, DESKI, JSP, SQL, PL/SQL, Erwin, SQL*Loader, UNIX Shell Script, Windows 2000/NT, ORACLE, PL/SQL, SQL Enterprise Manager, Tera data.
Confidential, Davenport, IA Oct '05 - Jun '07
Business Object Developer
Confidential, is one of the world's premier providers of wealth management, securities trading and sales, corporate finance and investment banking services. It create and execute winning solutions, which address to clients' most pressing strategic, financial and investment needs-anywhere in the world.
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Designed, developed and managed Universes in Business Objects Designer for generating reports against SAP BW.
- Created New Classes and User Objects in designing the universes.
- Generated various reports on Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly basis.
- Extensively used Calculations, Variables, Drill Down and Slice and Dice for creating Business Objects Reports.
- Worked with BI Consultants in Data Modeling, Data Extraction, Data Loading (Full/Delta Upload), Scheduling and Monitoring.
- Designed and developed basic data flow by crating Info cubes, ODS, Info Objects, Info area, Transfer rules and communication rules.
- Imported/ Exported the Universes from/ to repository to make them accessible to end-users.
- Defined Aliases and Contexts to resolve loops in the universes.
- Created User Conditions and Filters to improve report generation & readability of report and displayed the summary of data by creating Charts.
- Defined Hierarchies in Universe to provide the users with Drill down option in reports and Predefined Conditions to use in Business Objects.
- Extensively used Calculations, Variables, Break Points, Drill, and Slice and Dice for generating reports.
- Monitored and solved the issues encountered in Universes and reports while migration and tested before moving to production.
- Designed, developed and published the reports using Crystal Reports XI.
- Wrote Stored Procedures, Creating tables, Table indexes in SQL Server 2005 and Creating Views as per the requirements.
- Developed the effective Drilldown Reports, cross tab Reports, Parameterized Reports and Formula Reports using Crystal Reports XI.
- Working closely with End users.
- Involved in user Training.
- Developed the detailed Step by Step Documentation.
- Have Sound knowledge in installation and configuration of Business Objects Enterprise suite 6.5/6.1/6.0/5.1
Environment: Business Objects XI (Designer, Web Intelligence and Info View), Crystal Reports XI/10, Windows XP, SQL Server Analysis tools, SQL Server 2000/2005, DB2, SAP BW 3.5 and MS Access.
Confidential, India Nov '04 - Aug '05 Business Objects Report Developer
Confidential, is a global technology company that designs, manufactures, markets and services a range of proprietary products in IT. The project involved customization and modification of existing universes and generating various reports as per business requirements that enable the management to take corporate decisions.
- Involved in report requirement gathering.
- Actively involved in the creation and modification of user/user groups and maintained user profiles using Supervisor.
- Designed and maintained Universes and exported them to the repository.
- Created Classes and Objects (Measure, dimension and detail) in the universe.
- Used Designer Module to implement Universes, Joins between Tables, and created prompts and queries, parsing of Universes, and created Contexts and Alias Tables to remove cyclic dependencies.
- Developed Complex Reports (Used multiple data providers, Union, Intersection, minus and Master/Detail, cross tab, Charts).
- Created reports using standard company templates. A few of them were created based on the Department requirements.
- Extensive use of Business Objects functionalities in formatting reports.
- Created user Prompts, conditions and Filters to improve the report generation. Also used Alerts to improve the readability of the report.
- Creating the reports in Web Intelligence using WebI Java Report Panel.
Business Objects (Designer, Business Objects, Supervisor) 5.1, ZABO, Oracle 8, Windows NT.
Confidential, Hyd, India Oct '03 - Oct '04
Crystal Reports Developer
Confidential, billing System software was developed to integrate total eight categories of power supply billing in the state.
- Created parameterized and summary Crystal reports and tested them thoroughly.
- Customized existing reports for presentations using Cross-Tab reports. Developed sub-reports, Running Totals, Sorting,Alerting, used Crystal syntax to create formulas for the reports.
- Handled backend procedures and triggers, involved in creation of tables and materialized views.
- Designed, implemented and maintained enterprise-wide application via Visual Basic and SQL database.
- Enhanced server database with Stored procedures, Indexing, Triggers and performance analysis functions.
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented Visual Basic applications for internal and external customers.
- Involved in the creation of Cross Tab Reports and Sub Reports using Crystal Reports.
- Developed various Charts and Graphs like Bar chart (Side By Side, Stacked), Line graphs, Pie -Charts etc by using Chart expert of ` Reports.
- Exported reports into various formats like EXCEL, HTML and WORD for user.
- Created changes in the database according to new requirements.
Windows NT/2000, VB5.0, MS SQL Server, MS-Access 97, Crystal reports 7.0.
References: Upon request