- Proven leadership and communications abilities combined with project management and development expertise.
- Problem solver with skill to conceptualize solutions that meet enterprise objectives for cost, quality, and performance.
- Highly proficient in Transactional Systems, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Database Administration and System Analysis.
- Specializes in the MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Mobile Suite.
- Has an exceptional track record in the design, development and implementation of large - scale mission-critical database solutions.
- Experience in contemporary and legacy applications that include mobile, Internet, client server, middleware, and mainframe.
- Personal Computers
- IBM pSeries
- HP Intel Servers
- Tape Library Systems iPhone, iPad, Android
- Sun Solaris
- Novell Netware
- IBM AIX
- Tru64 UNIX
- Windows (Client & Server)
- MicroStrategy 7.2: 10.2
- SQL Server, SSRS
- Oracle 7: 11g
- Sybase, Sybase IQ
- Oracle Names
- Ascential DataStage
- Microsoft Project/Visio
- Sybase Data Architect
- MS Office & FrontPage
- Tivoli Storage Manager
- MS Access
- Crystal Reports webMethods
- SQL/SQL Plus
- Oracle Forms/Reports
- Korn and Bourne Shells
- Sun NetDynamics
- MS Visual Basic/VBA
Senior MicroStrategy Architect
Confidential, Sunnyvale, California
- Participation in the entire project lifestyle; including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing support of BI solutions. Collaboratively assist in the analysis, preparation, and presentation of solution designs.
- Understand the requirements and convert them into Logical Data Models. Review performance of the models and suggest enhancements to the schema for performance tuning of the reports and dashboards.
- Develop a reporting architecture on current and historical data, and develop and maintain architecture components.
- Serve as MicroStrategy developer for major and minor technology initiatives that support client and related organizations through the active participation in projects, operations, and support efforts.
- Create analytical reports and dashboards to support the client in decision-making.
- Perform quality assurance for the design, development, and testing of system enhancements and changes that are made to BI systems, data stores, and processes to ensure that they function according to design.
- Provide technical support, analyze issues, and recommend solutions regarding data loading, data transformation, and reporting.
- Build partnerships by working closely with customers to understand their business needs. Collaborate with customer personnel to achieve solutions to the defined business needs.
- Provide technical guidance and business process expertise on special projects or system issues to other staff members.
- Be committed to continuous learning and strive to increase relevant skills and knowledge required for the position. Keep abreast of the latest developments in information technology and computer software, and be committed to continuous improvement of the development and support services being delivered to clients.
Senior Mobile Business Intelligence Consultant
Confidential, New York, New York
- Developed high-level and detailed mobile iPad solutions; including MicroStrategy Dashboards, Intelligent Cubes, Subscriptions.
- Working with the full life cycle development process; including analysis, design, construction, and testing.
- Handled multiple tasks simultaneously, reacted to problems quickly, understand complex issues, and produced high quality solutions.
- Ensured optimal environment performance of Mobile Dashboards and environment. Relied on thorough understanding of Data Warehousing architectures, techniques, and methodologies.
- Duplicated the Coach iPhone Saddle Bag application that tracked the Saddle Bag promotion activities to create the COACH 1941 application.
- Enhanced, corrected bugs, and added new functionality that tracked the COACH 1941 promotion.
Manager, Business Intelligence Development
Confidential, Parsippany, New Jersey
- I managed a team of MicroStrategy Developers and subsequent development of applications, dashboards, reports and tools to enable the operational teams to interpret an opportunity, identify a problem or understand more about a business scenario.
- My key requirements were the ability to not only lead a team but to understand the strategy and objectives of each business organization and interpret their vision, description or objective while being able to make recommendations or suggestions on how to use data to be more successful.
- I was also responsible for the team’s development pipeline as well as holding each developer accountable to timelines, budget, deliverables and high standards.
- This unique position is responsible for mentoring and developing the team with regards to functional capabilities and training on new features of the tool.
- As Manager, Business Intelligence Development this role required MicroStrategy 9 Certified Project Designer (CPD), Certified Report Developer (CRD), Certified Document Developer (CDD), MicroStrategy Certified Developer (MCD), MicroStrategy Certified Engines Specialist (CES), the MicroStrategy Certified Platform Administrator (CPA), and MicroStrategy Certified Engineering Principal (MCEP) certifications.
- I worked closely with the Enterprise Data Architecture team and Database Administrators as an integral contributor to the model that promotes a service based, centralized solution that correlates multiple KPI’s and exposes through a single point of access.
Confidential, Rye Brook, New York
Senior Consultant, Business Intelligence Architect
- Created a MicroStrategy Mobile iPad executive dashboard based on Revenue, Gross Margin, Backorder, Booking and Shipping, and Cost Center subject areas.
- The subject areas included a variety of key performance indicators represented by simple to advanced visualizations. Performance objectives were achieved by implementing MicroStrategy Intelligent Cubes.
- Mentored staff on dashboard creation, iPad implementation, and iCube implementation.
- The MicroStrategy Administrator requested extensive analysis of three Confidential techniques they were considering to streamline their growing 9.2.1 environment due to limited staff. Shortcuts, Hybrid, and Without Shortcuts. Outlined the different strategies for managing user access to MicroStrategy Objects and the associated workflows needed to carry out typical tasks in the context of each strategy for their environment. The Hybrid approach was the most efficient for the administrator.
- Composed two custom MicroStrategy Web training classes that are administered by Brandeis staff, Consumer or End User and Creator or Power User Training. The custom training cost 50% less than directly from MicroStrategy. The Consumer Training consisted of Getting Started, Executing Reports & Documents, Manipulating an Executed Report, and Other Interactions with a Report. The Creator Training consisted of Attributes and Hierarchies, Modifying Existing Reports, Creating Existing Reports, Ad Hoc Analysis Using Visual Insight, and working with Custom Groups, Filters, and Prompts.
- Based on the previous MicroStrategy Confidential Recommendation assignment, composed “MicroStrategy Object Manager Recommendations for Confidential ”.
- This document summarizes The Application Lifecycle, MicroStrategy’s Methodology, Overview of Object Manager and different strategies for using Object Manager to duplicate projects or propagate objects from a single origin project to additional projects.
- Led a team of 3 junior to senior MicroStrategy resources from analysis through implementation. Completed this very aggressive, short timeline project before deadline and under budget. Migrated Cognos MPower (Cognos Cubes and ReportNet Reports) and made reporting available in Visibility Analytics (MicroStrategy v9.0.2).
- Additional data was added to the US Data Warehouse (Oracle).
- Updated existing MicroStrategy projects, created 7 new MicroStrategy projects, and created 30 complex MicroStrategy reports (mainly data extracts) that supplement Excel. Used conditional, compound, transformation, and level metrics. Used conditional formatting to enhance the grid reports.
- Identified and corrected 5 MicroStrategy hierarchy architecture flaws correcting many errant grid reports. Identified and corrected 3 attributes causing inefficient query generation and inaccurate results. Rewrote a Top 50 report that was generating inaccurate results. Contacted MicroStrategy Support, on 10 occasions, following through from problem to resolution.
- Sales variance is the difference between actual sales and budget sales. Sales mix variance compares the actual mix of sales to the budgeted mix. Initially supervised the analysis, design, and development for migrating Excel reporting to MicroStrategy v9.0.2 enabling enhanced analysis and insight. Later inherited the remaining development, QA, enhancements, and maintenance. Implemented complex calculations, using pass-through, conditional, compound, transformation, and level metrics.
- Used conditional formatting to enhance the grid reports.
- Resurrected a Sales and Marketing dashboard, made changes for a demo.
- Provided advice, dashboard functionality, designed and quoted effort for new version(s) of the Sales and Marketing dashboard.
- Architected the solution from analysis, MicroStrategy multi-fact POC, logical design, conformed dimension database design, database implementation, ETL design, and MicroStrategy design through MicroStrategy implementation enabling enhanced analysis and insight for customers to increase customer base and volume.
- The project required analysis of trade flows through the ITG Net® network. That included global, broker-neutral, platform-neutral trade routing and ‘best execution’ services.
- The combination of the two will support As-is vs. As-was Analysis. As-is analysis presents a current view of relationships, i.e., displays trades by Buyside according to the way Buysides are organized today. As-was analysis presents an historical view of relationships, i.e., displays trades by Buyside according to the way Buysides were organized at the time the sales transactions occurred.
- Performed analysis and design for migrating the semi-manual Excel statistical reporting to MicroStrategy enabling enhanced analysis and insight to increasing customer base and volume.
- Performed analysis, design, and POC for migrating the semi-manual Excel statistical reporting to MicroStrategy enabling enhanced analysis and insight to increasing customer base and volume.
- Converted a 10 tab, 15 report Excel spreadsheet to MicroStrategy 8 Report Services Document. The report outlines the roll up of above property and property level sales for YTD by seller. Originally this report was put together manually by a subject matter expert by running queries directly against the warehouse. It took the SME about a week or two to manually create the entire report. Completely automated the process by creating this report in MicroStrategy Web. The conversion involved evaluating the client’s current MicroStrategy implementation and adding more attributes and metrics as needed for the report.
- The task consisted of creating some very complex Report Services Document structures in order to meet the client’s formatting needs. This resulted in savings of multiple staff weeks as now the report is available the instant the books are closed at the end of the month.
- Converted a 15 tab, 55 report, 39 graph Excel spreadsheet to MicroStrategy 8 Report Services Document.
- Originally this report was put together manually by a subject matter expert by running queries directly against the warehouse.
- Once again completely automated the process by creating this report in MicroStrategy Web.
- The conversion involved evaluating the client’s current MicroStrategy implementation and adding more attributes and metrics as needed for the report. The task consisted of creating some very complex Report Services Document structures in order to meet the client’s formatting needs.
Confidential, New York, New York
Senior Database Administrator, Operations and Systems
- Identified Oracle users that were taking up lots of storage and reduced it by 10%. Identified 150 GB of orphaned Oracle data files and removed them.
- Fixed a development database by reinstalling XDB to correct export errors.
- Fixed a QA database by reinstalling JVM when java stored procedures would not compile.
- Completed a memory allocation analysis for all databases on the development UNIX server.
- Corrected inconsistencies between the DEV, QA, UAT, and PROD database configurations. Solidified backup and recovery procedures and processes.
- Proactively recommended and implemented preventive maintenance and tuning such as following the "DBA Checklist". Some batch processes now complete 40% faster.
- Recommended and acquired two short-term and one permanent DBA resource, reviewed resumes, interviewed, and made recommendations for DBA, Operations, and UNIX resources. Participated in their acclimation once hired.
- Recommended upgrading OEM Grid Control and using this tool for administration and monitoring.
- Upgraded OMS and all agents which corrected many errors. Installed agents on remaining servers and registered remaining instances. OEM is now used as the primary tool to monitor the Oracle environment.
- Pointed out hardware capacity issues. Replaced two Sun Fire 15K servers with four Sun Sparc M5000 servers.
- Participated in planning and implementation resulting in a 40% performance improvement.
- Became familiar with Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Data Guard.
- Automate, maintain, and produce security audit reports, re-certifications, and inquiries relating to database security.
- Ensures policies and procedures are being followed.
Senior Database Administrator
- Led the initiative to standardize and document the process of database baseline which significantly improved its efficiency and reduced the level of errors by 20%.
- Worked with Confidential Manager to replace the manual error-prone process. Automated and fine-tuned Oracle software deployments resulting in 30% gain in efficiency.
- Created methodology and standards for replicating or synchronizing Oracle software deployments into all Quality Assurance (QA) databases once the software has been deployed and verified in Production (PROD). Reduced preparation time by 15% for QA tests.
- Created Oracle 10g database for ClearQuest 7.0 testing, streamlining confusing and undocumented processes and resolving multiple issues with CQ vendor - IBM.
- Installed and configured FERMAT Risk Monitoring and Control Tools across QA and UAT databases.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Confidential, Parsippany, New Jersey
- Scoped, planned, prioritized, directed, and implemented Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Managed all aspects of warehouse and presentation such as data sourcing, migration, quality, design, and database administration.
- Developed and implemented security and integrity policies and procedures, and resolved database performance and capacity issues.
- Relied on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Reported to Director of Applications, providing leadership, strategy, and vision.
- Remediated frequent data load failures and reduced load time, corrected data integrity, upgraded MicroStrategy to a supported version, and corrected reporting issues by adding additional data feeds and correcting metrics.
- Improved data load success rate from 60% to 95%, a 35% improvement, by implementing configuration changes and introducing daily maintenance.
- Reduced data load time from 13 hrs. to 5 hrs., a 62% improvement, by upgrading hardware, O/S, Ascential DataStage, MicroStrategy, and additional configuration changes.
- Identified data integrity issues and created plans for remediation.
- Developed Change Data Detection (CDD), Change Data Capture (CDC), and Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) type 2 history captures to further reduce data load time. Outsourced Ascential DataStage development.
- Developed and taught in-house MicroStrategy Desktop training to bring users up to speed.
- Obtained MicroStrategy 8 Certified Project Designer (CPD), Certified Report Developer (CRD), and Certified Platform Administrator (CPA) certifications.
Confidential, Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Data Warehousing Manager
- Promoted from Senior Database Administrator.
- Directed and implemented Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, and database initiatives.
- Designed, modeled, installed, and maintained corporate databases. Developed and implemented security and integrity policies and procedures, and resolved database performance and capacity issues.
- Reported to Global Director and provided project management, leadership, vision, and consulting to user groups.
- Developed a 500 GB Oracle 10g database on Linux for Bio-Chemical, and proposal and project plans for Oracle 10g/Linux for Diagnostics. Performed ETL tool evaluations.
- Installed and configured webMethods 6.1 EAI architecture to include data sharing components in Microsoft Windows 2000 environment.
- Designed, installed, administered, and maintained corporate databases, reporting to the Director of Information Services.
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the databases.
- Verified and implemented data models and data access.
- Performed database maintenance. Resolved database performance issues, capacity issues, and other data issues.
- Performed Project Management: Provided leadership, vision, hardware and software recommendations, hardware sizing.
- Attended bi-weekly global data committee meetings representing the business unit.