- Software developer with over 12 years of experience in the different phases of software development lifecycle including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of Cognos BI that includes Cognos 11.0.6/11.0.5/ 11.0.0/10.2.2 /10.2.1/10.1/8.4/8.3/8.2 .
- Expertise in working with Client/Server applications using Oracle, DB2, SAP BW and SQL Server in UNIX and Windows environment.
- Experienced in the implementation of Enterprise level Cognos Security and Server Administration using Cognos 8.x and administration of security using Access Manager (versions 6.61, v7.x) including monitoring and scheduling tasks, creating data sources, managing and deploying content and managing content using Cognos Connection.
- Strong reporting background with expertise in Cognos 11.0/10.2/10.1/8.4/8.3/8.2 BI including Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, PowerPlay Studio, Transformer and Cognos Administration.
- Experienced in designing and generating cubes with alternate drill paths, dimension views, multiple cubes, and cubes with security using Transformer (V6.61, V7.1, V7.4, and V8.4).
- Experienced in developing scripts to automate cubes in Versions 6.61, 7.x and Cognos 8.4.
- Experienced in PowerPlay Enterprise Server and publishing cubes to upfront.
- Streamlined and automated reporting processes, Cube refresh process, deployment process.
- Experienced in using older version IQDs (version 7.4) in Transformer 8.4 using IQD Bridge.
- Developed impromptu catalogs, impromptu reports, and published reports to upfront using IWR administration.
- Experienced in extraction, transformation and loading data using Cognos Data Manager.
- Experienced in database design and development in Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2000, MS - Access 97/2000, DB2.
- Experienced in using DB2/Oracle/SQL Server as backend and writing queries, functions and stored procedures for query and analysis in reporting tools with excellent understanding of data modeling and data warehousing concepts.
- Working knowledge of Tableau with Oracle, Teradata and SAP HANA data sources.
- Working knowledge of Microstartegy.
- Working knowledge of Cognos TM1 and integration of TM1 with Cognos Connection.
- Working knowledge of UML associated tools like Microsoft Visio, IBM Rational and data modeling tools like Erwin and Powerdesigner.
- Excellent understanding of software development life cycle methodologies.
- Effective communicator and dynamic team player with demonstrated mentoring skills and ability to work under minimal supervision.
BI Tools: Cognos 11.0/10.2/10.1/8.4/220.127.116.11 , TM1 10.2, 10.1Reportnet 1.1 MR2, Cognos Impromptu 7/6, Cognos PowerPlay Transformer 7/6, Impromptu Web Reports (IWR), Access Manager, PowerPlay Enterprise Server 7.
Programming Languages: C, SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic 6.0
Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 95/NT, UNIX- Sun O.S 2.6/2.7/2.8
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2 and MS Access
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Senior Cognos Developer
- Created metadata models and packages in Cognos Framework Manager with data sourced from Oracle data warehouse.
- Created SQL queries based on requirements and leveraged the queries for developing pdf and excel reports based on reporting mock ups and requirements.
- Leveraged various sets of functions within the Cognos suite of the Cognos Connection portal to meet customers’ reporting requirements.
- Created reports with data sourced from multiple databases with minimal database effort and majority of work in Cognos such as creating views and joins with Cognos Framework Manager and report studio.
- Worked on Cognos administrative tasks using the Cognos Administration software for setting up of user profiles, creating data source connections, deploying Cognos objects to different environment or setting up access to the Cognos objects for the Cognos users based on user type and role.
Environment: Cognos 11.0.0/10.2.2 , Cognos 10.1.1, Oracle 12c, 11g
Confidential, South Plainfield, NJ
Senior Cognos Consultant
- Created durable metadata models and packages using Cognos Framework Manager with data sourced from Oracle data warehouse.
- Created SQL queries based on requirements for creating reports based on SQL data source in framework manager.
- Created reports in Cognos 10.2.1/10.1.1 Report Studio using the various Cognos functions and studios of the Cognos based on customers’requirements.
- Created SQL based views in Oracle Data warehouse and sourced the views for creating reports.
- Created Dashboard reports using Cognos workspace to display data in multiple formats using widgets, global and local filters.
- Worked on Cognos administrative tasks using the Cognos Administration software for setting up of user profiles, deploying Cognos objects to different environment or setting up access to the Cognos objects for the Cognos users based on their type and role.
- Documented report design and query specification along with elicitation of functional requirements document based on feasibility of requirements.
Environment: Cognos 10.2.2, Cognos 10.1.1, Oracle 12c, 11g
Senior Cognos Consultant
- Created metadata models and packages with data sourced from SAP BW info objects in Cognos 10.2.1 Framework Manager.
- Created durable models in Framework Manager to enable maintenance when data in the hierarchies is changed at the Bex query level.
- Created reports for Asset Accounting users in Cognos 10.2.1 Report Studio using mdx functions . These reports displayed the net book value of each asset based on the fiscal year and fiscal period selected.
- Created report in Report Studio using html items for Drill Up and Drill Down functionality on specific columns of hierarchical data retrieved from Bex queries.
- Created complex List and Crosstab reports in Report Studio with data from different hierarchies in the dimensions of the Bex Query.
- Created complex reports with multiple Conditional Variables to meet the requirements proposed by the stakeholders.
- Worked on a Dashboard report in Cognos Workspace with tabs and widgets to display the Vendor Account Summary scorecard displaying the total purchases and returns for each vendor.
- Created report for APAR users that displays the vendors that are at risk to do business with based on the total amount due and age of the due date.
- Created reports for APAR functional unit that displays the list of vendor accounts due for payment to minimize the amount of potential bad debts.
- Created Vendor Allowance report that displays break down of all the Vendor allowances for each merchandise category.
- Deployed reports and meta data packages to the QA environment using Cognos Administration tool for testing phase.
- Worked on Bex Analyzer and Bex Designer to analyze data in Bex Query and made changes to the calculations based on change requests.
- Used HP QC/HP ALM for working on defects assigned by users.
- Created report specification document and was involved in elicitation of functional requirements documents for each functional unit.
Environment: Cognos 10.2, SAP BW Bex Query Analyzer, Query Designer
- Configured the LDAP namespace for the Novell Directory server to be used as the 3rd party authentication tool for Cognos application.
- Worked in administering user classes and security on different servers.
- Created User Profiles and assigned permissions on objects to users based on their profiles and groups.
- Worked on Risk BI Support to process Cognos users’ service requests involving migration of objects from one environment to another and setting up of user access using Cognos Administration.
- Worked on troubleshooting the environment when the BI server went down and contacted the DBA in case of the down time of the content store database
- Worked on applying patches to existing set up for fixing issues.
- Created a framework model of the reporting repository.
- Created a dashboard report (PORTFOLIO DETAIL REPORT (PDR)) to display the revenue generated by each of the banking product types of Commercial Banking. Developed a dashboard report for each level in the commercial business line hierarchy that displays the revenue generated by each portfolio.
- Used Workspace to create a dashboard with multiple widgets showing data in different display formats and applied global sliders to play with the data based on requiredments.
- Created and scheduled reports on a monthly basis to reconcile the balances of different ledgers with the data in the reporting repository.
- Worked on performance tuning of the dispatchers to handle requests better and optimize the performance of the application
- Worked on deployments from one environment to another including reports and cubes.
- Created Transformer Models and cubes and leveraged them in Powerplay for reporting purposes in the Commercial Revenue Reporting Project.
Environment: Cognos 10.2, 8.4, DB2, UNIX
- Worked on the remediation of reports to in corporate International Classification of Diseases ICD 10 codes under the ICD 9 to ICD 10 remediation project. ICD-10 replaces the ICD-9 CM — used today for both diagnosis and inpatient procedure coding — with two sets of codes: ICD-10 Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) used to capture diagnosis information and ICD-10 Procedure Coding System (ICD-10-PCS) used to capture information related to inpatient procedures
- Developed status reports of different projects the Business Intelligence team involved using Cognos 8.4 and mapped in a PowerPoint file using Cognos Go Office for automatic updates to the status of a project.
- Worked as Cognos administrator to set up user access and define security using Access Manager.
- Involved in administration of Cognos Reports and models by applying the security settings at the data and user level using the Cognos portal.
- Published reports to upfront using IWR Administration Tool
- Implemented security in Catalog user profiles and at upfront folder level.
- Enhanced existing cubes as per requirement changes and created new cubes in Transformer.
- Migrated reports from Cognos 8.4 to Cognos 10.1 to be compatible with Windows 7 operating system.
- Developed and maintained framework models and packages in Framework Manager for Pharmacy Benefits Management project.
- Developed and maintained reports in Cognos 8.4 and Cognos 10 on the Pharmacy Benefits Management project.
- Upgraded Cognos 7.3 transformer models and powerplay reports to Cognos 8.4 Transformer models and powerplay reports.
- Developed a streamlined process of creating a cube from the transformer model and leveraged the cube in powerplay to create reports for the Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) project.
- Created an extensive inventory of all the existing object types in Development, test and Production environments to analyze the objects needed for remediation from ICD 9 to ICD 10.
- Worked with the Business Intelligence Support Desk team to resolve service requests and other types of tickets opened by the end users of Cognos.
- Worked on unit testing and user acceptance testing of the reports developed for the Pharmacy Benefits Management project.
Environment: Cognos 10.1, 8.4, 8.3 Oracle 11g, 10g, Windows 7, XP
Lead Cognos Consultant
- Worked with the Retail Point of Sales (POS) team to implement a new point of sales system to be used for the point of sales systems supplied by National Cash Register (NCR). MCCS’s POS team maintains the database for all the POSs across all the retail stores in all the Marines’ bases.
- Using SQL server for the database as the repository, created reports using Cognos for the retail and finance business units.
- Established required hardware and software architecture for Cognos reporting.
- Installed and configured Cognos 10.1 with Active directory server for authentication, defined user access and security features.
- Extracted, transformed and loaded required data using the SSIS data transformation services by creating packages with data flow tasks and script tasks.
- Developed relational and dimensional Meta data models and packages in Framework Manager for the financial and store manager’s desktop reports.
- Built SQL queries and developed these reports based on financial and store manager’s business requirements.
- Created stored procedures in SQL server 2008 for complex reporting purposes.
- Integrated Store manager’s National Cash Register (NCR) application with the Cognos server using Cognos SDK for them to run the reports.
- Trained functional users and provided technical support during implementation and deployment.
Environment: Cognos 10.1, SQL server 2008, Windows 7, XP
Cognos Contractor / Programmer Analyst
- Worked on Medicare and Medicaid applications for sharing patient or Provider data or other healthcare related information using Cognos and PowerBuilder reports deployed on these applications.
- Implemented Enterprise level Cognos Security and Server Administration using Cognos 8.4 and administration of security using Access Manager (versions 6.61, v7.x) including monitoring and scheduling tasks, creating data sources, managing and deploying content and managing content in Cognos Connection.
- Met with stakeholders to gather Business Requirements and designed data models based on the business needs.
- Analyzed the business and technical requirements to create technical specification documents that were used in to guide the Report developers.
- Created Meta data models and packages that were published on Cognos Connection and developed reports using these data models and packages.
- Created standard and adhoc reports using query studio and report studio modules.
- Developed Multi-Dimensional Analysis and Business Metrics reports using Cognos PowerPlay and Power Cubes using Cognos PowerPlay Transformer.
- Worked on ETL for mapping of dimensions and facts
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server
- Planned, developed and documented Unit Test cases for all reports that were developed.
- Documented all process changes, requirement changes and associated code changes in the form of a traceability matrix.
- Implemented and monitored project specific SQL scripts in Oracle database.
- Followed documentation processes to help achieve IFMC’s objective of becoming a CMMI level 3 compliant company.
- Trained and mentored team members in creating data models in framework manager and reports using report studio, query studio and analysis studio in Cognos 8.x.
- Developed Cognos and PowerBuilder reports for the Medicare and Medicaid Services web application which helped the stakeholders (healthcare Providers and Vendors from all over the United States) to understand the status of healthcare and helped them make business related decisions.
- Developed a dashboard report for the medicare and Medicaid web application to combine nine different reports into one easy to read report that displayed data specific to Provider participation and data submission in the annual payment update program.
Environment: Cognos 8.4/8.3/8.2, PowerBuilder 11.0/9.0, Oracle 11g/10g/9i.