- Versatile, perceptive and achievement - driven Senior Business Manager with proven experience in the mortgage, bond, derivative and financial markets.
- Long-respected for advanced abilities in analytic, validation reconciliation, project management, system development, testing, implementation, and compliance management.
- Outstanding blend of expertise in staff leadership, communication, creative problem solving, and driving business excellence.
- Excels at managing priorities, fusing resources, and advancing organizational directives through innovative programs and initiatives.
- Adeptly decodes complex situations and deploys business instinct to present logical plans then delegates effectively, remains committed to outcome, and embraces flexible ways to achieve goals.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Business/Technical Leadership
- Project Management
- Program Development
- Feasibility Studies
- Process Development / Improvement
- Critical Data Analysis
- Reconciliations / Problem Solving
- Staff Leadership and Mentoring
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Access
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Outlook; MS Project
- Visual Basic
- IBM Rational ClearQuest
- Rational Rose
- HP Quality Center
- Derivative Solutions
- BlackRock Solutions applications and web interface
- Yield Book
- Crystal Reports
- Proprietary Analytic Systems
- Star Team
- Project manager responsible for developing and documenting process flows and controls around 88 financial models including Black Scholes LIBOR and COFI index.
- Documented uses and dependency relationships around financial and business information for impact to financial reporting, portfolio management and risk metrics.
- Interfaced with management and technology to resolve issues surrounding the collection, processing and dissemination of trade data.
- Identified potential regulatory issues pertaining to the accuracy and timeliness of reported trade data requiring investigative follow-up to management in a timely manner.
- Addressed issues relating to missing data feeds, updating pattern calculations, retiring patterns and new pattern development for FINRA, NASDAQ & NYSE’s market surveillance program.
- Perform gaps analysis for business units.
Confidential, Washington, D.C
Senior Consultant, Finance & System Support
- Strategically directed a diverse range of workstreams including Impairments, Restatement Financial Accounting Data Warehouse and GFee Accounting leading to optimized levels of business performance.
- Applied strong analytical skills to collect information, perform and prototype validation, define business requirements and product implementation projects from concept to completion to meet GAAP standards.
- Functioned as the lead business coordinator with responsibility for the implementation of security and reference updates within the data warehouse, ensuring the highest levels of compliance and accuracy.
- Collaborated closely with FIN46 workstream partners to develop an in-depth knowledge of business processes and develop highly effective process improvements that enhance the project initiative.
- Merged technical expertise with proven critical thinking skills to support data design projects, reconcile accounting intent codes (FAS115) in the data warehouse and create automated reconciliation controls.
- Leveraged demonstrated leadership skills to work closely with developers on the creation of canned data reports, the resolution of data issues and the improvement of data design functions.
- Served as the lead on data requirements of accounting impairments (EITF 99-20) from Confidential source databases, facilitating each phase of the project from initial concept and planning to execution.
- Utilized comprehensive technical expertise and company knowledge to function as an information resource to staff, colleagues and management, serving as the primary contact for all Interest Only/Principal Only data related issues.
- Provided effective troubleshooting, direction and guidance to multidisciplinary team members, exercising superior analytical skills to provide timely and effective resolutions to complex reconciliation problems.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Senior Business Application Project Manager
- Advanced rapidly through a series of increasingly responsible positions over the course of a highly successful eight-year tenure based on an exemplary work ethic and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Seamlessly managed a diverse range of daily responsibilities within the business application project management, investment and Confidential functions, leading to optimized business performance.
- Functioned as the Project Leader on the deployment of an Internal Analytic application using federal mortgage models for trading or research purposes.
- Utilized vast technical experience to establish an automated securities pricing system with a pricing service vendor, processing 17,000 mortgage-backed securities on a monthly basis.
- Developed a successful reconciliation and valuation process for internal models on specific trade types, market rates and prices improving the accounting function, trading decisions and financial compliance.
- Created a financial algorithm used in the creation of credit scores and risk scores, improving the process from two days to less than five minutes, leading to improved cost effectiveness of operations.
- Prepared and presented data to the credit review oversight team and senior executives, facilitating short and long-term business planning at senior level.
- Handled a complex and comprehensive workload with responsibility for complex data collection and analysis, process improvements, testing support, relative reporting and tracking procedure development.
- Utilized in-depth industry experience to develop and implement key improvements to all areas of the daily operation, reducing man-hours and labor costs effectively while improving accuracy and efficiency.
- Evaluated operational performance; identified potential issues and areas of non-compliance, developing and implementing highly effective preventative measures that improved business performance.
Corporate Finance Operations Specialist
- Responsible for the confirmation, allocation, settlement and reconciliation of $36 billion in securities transactions on an annual basis, ensuring the highest levels of financial compliance in all transactions.
- Monitored daily operations; identified potential settlement discrepancies and negotiated rapid resolutions to prevent adverse impact on company, earning senior management recognition.
- Developed a highly innovative transaction management system in collaboration with the technical design team, utilizing proven technical expertise to enhance daily operations and improve efficiency.
- Functioned as the operational liaison for trading staff, counter-parties and clearing agents, developing strong professional relationships that improved company performance.
- Coordinated the processing and validation of payment and disclosure data for all mortgage-backed securities in accordance with company policies and state and federal regulations.
- Served as lead analyst on several key system development projects, increasing efficiency, profitability, and the accuracy of the REMIC program.
- Developed and implemented highly effective internal controls for all federal mortgage securities prior to disclosure to the open market and improved REMIC quality controls by reverse-engineering deals.
- Worked closely with paying agents and various business units to transition new products into the baseline process and functioned as the primary point-of-contact for all production support issues.
- Supported business growth and contributed to increased trading profits through the effective use of allocation techniques and monitoring of securities prices.