- 15+ years of experience building and maintaining EDI translation job streams.
- Extensive development, administration, and production support experience with IBM Sterling B2B Integrator BPML and XPath, Mailboxing, FTP, sFTP, AS2, VAN, AI Mapper, Gentran Integration Suite and Gentran on UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Knowledgeable in EDI standards for a number of industries including Manufacturing, Finance/Banking, Healthcare, and Insurance.
- Trading partner and communications setups, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- IBM Sterling B2B Integrator/Gentran mentor and trainer.
- Experienced in all aspects of the Systems Life Cycle including Analysis and Design, Development, Testing, Implementation and follow - up Production Support activities.
- Management of offshore production support resources for Data Warehouse.
- Use of SQL in Data Warehouse environment and Sterling Integrator direct mapping to databases.
- Business system analysis to create source to target mappings and technical specifications.
- Estimating project durations, providing statements of work, technical consulting and specifications writing and source to target mappings documentation.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills and adaptability to ever changing technical environments.
Confidential, Rolling Meadows, IL
Sterling Integrator Application Specialist/Data Warehouse Operations
- IBM Sterling B2B Integrator application administrator.
- Design/development of complex EDI processes using BPML, AI Mapper, Mailboxing, and Communications features to fulfill requests from the business.
- Train personnel on the use of IBM Sterling B2B Integrator components.
- Manage offshore resources for Data Warehouse production support. ( )
- Business systems analyst role that includes creating source to target mappings and technical specifications for data transfers.
Confidential, Westmont/Westchester, IL
- Gentran Integration Suite and Sterling Integrator Systems Administrator overseeing entire EDI system over multiple company divisions.
- Lead developer on building Business Processes/Maps.
- Lead developer during multi-year migration of processes from Gentran for UNIX to Sterling Integrator.
- Participation in Gentran Integration Suite and Sterling Integrator installations and patch upgrades.
- Technical consultation with company groups to provide EDI solutions to business problems.
- Technical research and proof of concept activities.
- Mentoring and of other EDI developers.
- Use of UNIX scripting for command line specific processes.
- Implemented translation jobs with suppliers and vendors.
- Participated in a major implementation of Gentran Integration Suite including EDI mapping, VAN interconnect setups and use of Inovis and PeopleSoft interfacing.
- Performed daily monitoring and troubleshooting of production job streams.
Confidential, Lombard, IL
- Worked with a number of states to implement HIPAA mandated EDI of Healthcare related transactions.
- Implemented translation jobs for trading partners in Manufacturing and Finance/Banking industries.
- Mentored team members on EDI concepts and translator software.
- Functioned as liaison with translator software company to communicate translator software bugs and evaluate newer versions of translator software for system migration activities.
- Analyzed and modified existing translation job streams resulting in run-time improvements and increased volume throughput.