Head of Business Intelligence
- Design and implement a new Business intelligence strategy for Confidential .
- Managing and defining the Business intelligence budget for new BI Strategy
- Creating a cloud based BI Solution using a combination of Microsoft Azure and MicroStrategy.
- Solution will in corporate big data and machine learning capabilities
- Leading a team of 9 people (Mixture of BI Developers and Cloud Consultants)
- Managing vendors and other stakeholders
- Project Management
- Implementing ITIL standards in KFC
- Master Data Management
- Paperless going green project
- Maintenance of existing BI Solution
- MS SharePoint Administration and development.
- Training end users on Self Service BI and MS SharePoint.
- Drive to automate cumbersome tasks.
- BI Solution Manager - First National Bank
- Design a Business intelligence strategy for Merchant Services.
- Lead a team of 10 people (A mix of Actuarial Scientists, Statisticians and BI Developers)
- Infuse self-service business intelligence into SAS Statistical Models thereby allowing business stakeholders/end user the ability to transform their business segment into a more efficient and effective mechanism.
- Designed, developed, automated and produced reports to monitor teams' performance in various key metrics to evaluate cost and utilization and plan performance.
- Automated and produced dashboards with Key Performance Me.
- Re-engineered Monthly/quarterly/Yearly reporting process.
- Developed and maintained data dictionaries.
- Performed ad-hoc analyses as required.
- Drive to remove the complexity of excel from merchant services. Multiple excel spreadsheet versions around the organisation. Excel spreadsheets too complex, macros and VBA scripting difficult to maintain and adapt to business requirements.
- Digitised risk scoring tool used to on board new merchants.
- Digitised pricing tool using MS SharePoint.
- Coach and motivate 5 staff members by setting achievable goals, providing feedback, and effectively managing expectations.
- BI Solution Architect - First National Bank (FNB)
- Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, design ETL processes and OLAP Cubes design using BI Development Studio (BIDS) and working to troubleshoot issues; reviewing complex Data Warehouse Designs and Data Model designs; collaborating with clients, technical teams and business managers to provide the best efficient solutions to resolve business (Business Units within FNB) issues. Effectively working with projects and teams; managing development and support teams.
- Broadly involved in SharePoint 2007-2010 design, managing and administrating. Creating application solutions within SharePoint for clients.
- Defining Business intelligence attributes metrics, KPIs, and measures in SSRS and MicroStrategy solutions.
- Technical solutions; solution planning and implementing major project engagements upon starting; providing consulting management, business strategy and customer relationship development and engagements; scope out new business opportunities also retaining the knowledge of BI, SharePoint, and ERP applications built on the top of Microsoft BI stack and MicroStrategy platform; working with partners from different phases in BI development/BI Enterprise to the next project level. Scope out projects specification, project planning, and technical implementations.
- MMDP(Middle Management Development Program). Our team has implemented a reporting solution to increase credit card sales by improving the fulfilment process.
- Have completed 3 innovations within FNB’s innovations program. MMDP Project, SharePoint Solution for CRM project management team and CIO Incident management reporting solution for Merchant Services.
- I am responsible for the upkeep and administration of the MicroStrategy Platform within FNB. We currently have 2500 users across 4 business units (CTS, Wealth, Commercial and Home Loans). I am responsible for the architecture and design of the solution. I also implemented the disaster recovery plan.
- List of projects I am currently responsible for:
- Redesign and implementation of New Data warehouse with DR.
- Created near real-time reporting solution for SLA management.
- Implementation of new BI Tool (MicroStrategy) within the group.
- Design and implement solutions to optimise IT operations (Storage, SCCM, Avamar (Backups), Mainframe Stats, Vods Stats, Procurement, Finance and Project Management)
- Migrate all SSRS reports to MicroStrategy.
- Establish near real time reporting to manage Vendor SLAs within Banking Channels and Merchant Services.
- Managing the entire infrastructure of MicroStrategy for the group. (Release Management, Optimisation, Security and Development).
- We have built a near real-time reporting solution on MicroStrategy for Branch Banking to manage their SLAs.
- We currently investigating open source solutions within our business unit. (Mysql, Talend and Jasper). To save costs.
- Upgraded to MicroStrategy 10.
- Automated MicroStrategy user loads and project package updates via SharePoint due to shared infrastructure and software audits.
- Refreshing of cubes after ETLs have been completed via SQL automated process.
- Currently working on POC for Usher component.
- Automation of board reports for ExCo.
- Automation of Executive Board reports via MicroStrategy office plugin.
- Data Centre kpi reporting using Master Data Services, to manage influx of data.
- Financial reporting (Internal Charge out reports, Cost Analysis)
- Power Bi 2016 and Microsoft Azure
- Mobile App Development on MicroStrategy
- Automation of Executive Board Reports
- I.T Risk report pack for First Rand executive committee
- Financial report pack showcasing all charge-out models
- Head of Business and Marketing Analytics - Marketing Lab
- I lead in strategic and operational management of all client business intelligence system and reporting technology assets, data stewardship and governance involving legacy and transformational non-legacy systems and business process replacements or enhancements.
- With regards to big data, financial / operational / analytical reporting and decision science and analytics.
- I build and maintain strong relationships with our clients and in each line of their business, such as product, marketing, technology architecture, operations, delivery teams, legal and compliance. I leverage key industry partnerships to help clients achieve cost effective upgrades to inherited antiquated hardware/software to mitigate risk and to yield corporate objective success within our data management framework. I ensure that approved system designs are built and tested adequately before UAT to further mitigate risk and improve data, code and overall integrity earlier in the process.
- I look after the Marketing Lab brand globally for all systems, operations, data, reporting, support and QA Governance while meeting all global data protection, access, privacy, use and security standards.
- I work with key marketing analytics teams on Data story-telling so their business can see ROI in a simple clear manner which enables them to make better decisions around their marketing spends.