- A leader, process champion, and change advocate with a successful record of driving business results by utilizing project management and diverse information technology experience.
- Applies strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills to expeditiously resolve business and technical challenges.
- Utilizes leadership, negotiation, and project management skills to deliver quality, cost efficient results on time and under budget.
- Proven manager of diverse teams who augments operational effectiveness by aligning IT strategy and resources.
- Provides strong, technical, product, and problem - solving skills to serve as an advisor to business partners on technical solutions.
- Employs diverse experience in banking, insurance, telecommunications, and other industries to transform vision into technical roadmaps to support IT and business strategies.
- Possesses multi-cultural background with bilingual skill (English and Spanish). Core competencies include:
- Developing and aligning IT tactics to attain corporate objectives
- Providing optimal IT leadership with strategic vision, planning and execution
- Building strong business relationships by providing technical leadership to business partners
- Developing and implementing technical solutions utilizing best practices
- Delivering business and technical process improvements to increase quality and productivity
- Collaborating and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders to obtain consensus
Confidential - Dallas, TX
Manager, Data Technologies
- Mentored and coached development team to provide consistently accurate functionality and superior response time resulting in 65% reduction in post implementation support hours.
- Evaluated and improved development team credibility by implementing root cause analysis and severity assessments on 100% of project issues resulting in unprecedented near zero defect functionality.
- Directed the design and implementation of big data solutions by identifying optimal technologies including MongoDB, Oracle, Cassandra, MySQL and Hadoop resulting in 45% performance improvements.
- Accelerated the completion of stagnant Used Car Listing project and stalled Recall project by identifying development tasks, clarifying requirements, and collaborating with project team to define project sprints.
- Improved project team synergy and increased trust with product owners/managers by eliminating contentious communications and clarifying contradictory business perspectives on all development efforts.
- Cultivated teamwork and Agile Extreme Programming methodologies with team by demonstrating and endorsing continuous improvement, paired programming, and test drive development (TDD) practices.
- Managed vendors and their implementation of hardware at local colocation site ensuring company products and services were synchronized and available with 100% uptime across national colocations.
- Increased company exposure in Dallas market by managing day to day office operations and organizing relationship building efforts with parent company in a shared office site.
- Implemented the usage of new JIRA and Confluence applications on all project and development tasks resulting in the elimination of misunderstanding and/or lack of responsiveness by 100%.
- Defined best practices and procedures with project team to ensure documentation of project deliverables including requirements, technical documents, and test plans.
Confidential - Dallas, TX
IT Project Manager
- Implemented and enhanced JIRA and Confluence applications and dashboards to standardize IT application workflow for two dozen applications supported by 50+ IT personnel throughout the company.
- Developed 3 year technical roadmap to support Aviation business growth plan by 250%.
- Led application design restructure and MS SQL Server database architecture review sessions to assure development efforts supported direction of technical roadmap.
- Directed a cross functional team of Hallmark and third-party vendor IT specialists on business workflow and system processing to construct a corporate data warehouse solution.
- Led recruitment and hiring efforts for IT personnel to reduce headcount by 50% while increasing productivity of IT teams by 175%.
- Improved investment planning by introducing program management to IT and business executives. Implemented project governance to align projects and develop project priorities for each business area.
- Created and facilitated steering committee meetings with senior executives to analyze, quantify, and prioritize 600+ initiatives for multiple lines of business competing for limited IT resources.
- Defined policies and procedures utilizing new JIRA and Confluence applications ensuring project deliverables and technical solutions exceeded business needs on 100% of projects implemented.
- Implemented and mentored IT teams on SDLC, best practices, and procedures to ensure project deliverables such as project plans, requirements, test plans were documented in Confluence.
- Instituted and required new procedural steps for project sign-offs and deployment release documentation ensuring 100% audit compliance.
Confidential - Plano, TX
Business Systems Manager
- Analyzed and restructured the hierarchy and infrastructure of Remedyforce to consolidate redundant functionality. Negotiated new pricing structure with BMC vendor based on user needs reducing over $250K annual licensing costs.
- Reduced over $500K annual personnel budget by evaluating short and long term developer skill set needs. Assessed individual/team knowledge and performance on Apex, Visualforce, and Salesforce to identify ideal developer retention candidates.
- Customized a new SharePoint site to document, centralize, and provide transparency of project requests and issues. Prioritized requests with user community based on urgency, costs, benefits, and ROI.
- Redefined reports and dashboards to provide consistent SLA analytics and metrics to managerial staff.
- Developed a data integration from a cloud platform into a new SQL Server database to eliminate hundreds of manual hours of effort on a monthly basis.
- Enhanced user experience by evaluating highly customized “as-is” user interfaces and defining “to-be” state of new Remedyforce user interfaces. Consolidated 12 user interfaces into change management, problem management, and incident management ITIL based functionality.
- Improved project delivery by implementing daily scrums, sprints, and use of backlogs. New processes reduced user reported issues by 80%.
- Authored project documentation (SOW, RFI, and RFP) and drove business partners through processes to evaluate vendors to deliver technical solutions for 4 global Confidential locations. Negotiated final pricing costs and contract with vendor.
- Mentored and guided developers and business partners through Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
Confidential - Richardson, TX
IT Manager, Systems and Data Analysis
- Improved business analysis project deliverables by introducing and standardizing the use of Axure for mockup and wireframe deliverables. Increased project documentation accuracy by implementing use of TFS (Team Foundation Server) for requirements and backlog management.
- Redefined and realigned business analysis team responsibilities which eliminated stalled productivity by developing subject matter expert (SME) knowledge on essential business systems. Spurred consistency and reliable resources by dedicating an IT liaison to each business team/area.
- Revived an unfavorable customer relationship into a customer satisfaction success by implementing use of new processes, tools, and software to provide consistency.
- Increased project team synergy by collaborating with project managers to introduce Agile methods into business analysis phase of projects.
- Developed and coached business analysis team on Agile and Waterfall approaches and determined best suited method for projects depending on project specifics and project team knowledge.
- Managed all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to retire three dozen systems and merge corresponding data into a primary CRM system and data warehouse. Expedited resolution of conflicting business needs between 20 business partners with numerous recommendations and proposals. System cost savings was $4M annually.
- Led a cross-functional team of 10 project members to successfully implement a new HRMS for 500 global users. Guided the team through the evaluation of vendors and SaaS solutions that eliminated manual intensive efforts by HR staff. Project was completed one month ahead of schedule and $750K under budget.
- Designed project road maps, technical solutions, and project plans with work breakdown structures containing varying technologies: Java, .NET, SQL Server, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SharePoint, and MS Office Suite including Visio.
Confidential - Irving, TX
Systems Development Manager
- Eliminated multi-million dollar discrepancies by identifying multiple issues in Java, MS Access and SQL Server functionality that caused financial data to be calculated inaccurately. Led efforts with strategic partners in correcting errors with short term alternatives and implementing long term technical solutions to salvage a $50M business alliance.
- Revitalized $20M business partnership by replacing an erroneous, critical profit and risk sharing report utilized in a business alliance. Developed new database and SQL scripts to improve accuracy of financial reporting spanning over five years including two years in arrears.
- Decomposed overly complex and obsolete reporting SQL functionality in MS Access and iSeries application to build SQL procedures in SQL Server. Architected a new database and SSIS processing to eliminate manual intensive efforts resulting a reduction of a 5 day process to a 4 hour automated method.
- Financial Reporting Modernization: M anaged large-scale initiative to transform antiquated financial reporting into automated processing on MS SQL Server platform. Project was delivered in multiple phases to mitigate risk with sensitive company alliances. Project completion was 4 months ahead of schedule and $350K under budget.
Confidential - Dallas, TX
- Transformed corporate system infrastructure by leading $100M corporate wide initiative consolidating seven legacy systems into a new system utilizing a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). As the primary technical liaison, managed cross-company and vendor teams in defining new system functionality including the primary profit generating systems.
- Architected and directed the redesign of core business functionality from IT intensive efforts into user empowering capabilities. Converted necessary development enhancements into database functions easily modified by business partners. Increased project delivery volume by improving speed to market by 175%.
- Mentored and guided team on career development resulting in advancement of 4 team members.
- Coached and guided team on uses of Waterfall, RUP, UML, and Agile methodologies.
- Managed nearly 100 projects annually, through all phases of SDLC with multiple business stakeholders. Project directly impacted nationwide revenue generation of $400M+ annually.
- Implemented and facilitated project governance reviews with companywide business stakeholders and project sponsors. Derived project metrics to quantify ROI and prioritize requests.
- Eradicated overbooking of IT staff by implementing corporate wide use of MS Project Server. Defined best practices for project managers and IT resource managers.