- Highly developed business system analyst/project management skills with extensive system analysis/design expertise in addition to PMBOK/BABOK Project Planning/WBS, AGILE, SCRUM, and Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Extensive data architecture/analysis, data management (DMBOK), data modeling (includes enterprise, logical, physical and dimensional (Kimball), and data warehousing architecture/design expertise, with tool expertise in Designer, ER/Studio, MS Visual Studio, Visio Professional, and Oracle Designer
- Strong Data Governance (DG)/Data Steward and Data Custodian knowledge base including extensive knowledge of implementation approach and best practices, policies, processes and procedures.
- Includes Master Data Management (MDM), Metadata Management, Change Management, and Data Dictionary expertise.
- Conducted DG for all levels of governance including Data Stewards, Data Custodians, Data Governance Council, Steering Committee, Data Governance Board, and Data Steward Working Group
- Extensive Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing (BI/DW) expertise including tools and tool requirement gathering for Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Informatica
- Has a solid understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice. Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client’s organization and industry. Manages requirements traceability matrix and tracks changes to base - lined requirements via application change control processes and tools. Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternate business solutions with project management
- Has strong systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodology experience including Rapid Application Development (RAD)/Prototyping, Gap Analysis, Joint Application Development (JAD), Joint Application Requirements (JAR), Master Data Management (MDM), Independent Validation & Verification (IV&V), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Contract Administration, Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) Product Evaluation and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
SQL Server 8 R2, SQL*NET, MS Project, Visio Professional, Embarcadero (ER) Studio, MS Visual Studio, MS Team Foundation Server (TFS), AGILE/SCRUM, Knowledge Management, Project Management, Change Management, SharePoint, OnBase Document Management System(DMS), LicenseEase, IBM, Cognos, MDM, Metadata, Microstrategy, Business Objects, Rochade, Oracle Designer, Platinum, Design/l
Sr. Business Systems/Data Analyst
Environment: SQL Server 2010, SharePoint, AGILE/SCRUM, Big Data, Hadoop, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, ER Studio, Visio Professional, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Develop Data Steward and Data Custodian identification process
- Develop Data Governance MDM and Change Management policies, processes and procedures
- Conduct Data Governance Orientation and for assigned Stewards and Custodians
- Facilitate SCRUM Stand-Up Daily Meetings
- Solicit BI/DW MDM, Metadata, and ETL (Informatica) business requirements for tool evaluation and selection
- Participate with BI/DW MDM and Metadata Tool procurement process
- Establish proposed AGILE Phase III and Phase IV task activity schedule and plan
- Facilitate Data Governance Steering Committee and Change Management meetings
- Identify Enterprise Data Steward roles and responsibilities
- Develop Project Deliverables and submit final draft versions for review and approval by client
- Coordinate project effort with Central Office, Turnpike, and all 7 Confidential Districts
- Schedule District events and establish appropriate agenda
Confidential, Tallahassee, Fl.
Sr. Business Systems/Data Analyst
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2, SharePoint, AGILE/SCRUM, ER/Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Informatica, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Visio Professional, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Identify project stakeholders and target audience. Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, functional and system requirements specifications, task and workflow analysis
- Decompose high-level document and user requirements into suitable detailed Project - specific deliverables (Requirements/Functional Specification, System Design, Change Management, Test Plan Strategy and Implementation Plan)
- Develop proposed enterprise data warehousing architecture for subsequent Phase II Project conversion effort
- Lead requirements discovery, analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, measureable and conform to Department IT standards
- Define system quality parameters, external interfaces, performance measurements/constraints and other non-functional requirements
- Use TFS to check-in and check-out project deliverables including Requirements Specification, System Design and Test Scripts.
- Develop and execute SQL queries to test conversion system results against legacy system report results. Includes Class Size primary school (PK-12) compliance results. Conduct inventory analysis of Department District forms, data and reports run for in-house, state and federal legislative statistical requirements
- Provide back-up project management support
- Reduce maintenance cost via IV&V and standardized UAT discipline
- Develop UAT Test Plans, Test Cases and Checklists. Participate and assist with Q/A and User Acceptance Testing with County and District Offices
- Participate in peer reviews and document deliverable inspections. Manage Migration requirements traceability matrix and track requirements status throughout the AGILE Hybrid system development project effort
Confidential, Tallahassee, Fl.
PM/Technical Database Administrator/Project Directory Support
Environment: SQL Server/.NET, MS Access, Microsoft Project, Visio Professional, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Provide project management and database support for new and current Confidential, Board Officers and Committee Chair representatives. Run and financial reports for monthly meetings. When needed, identify new business report requirements and submit prototype to Board Office for review and approval.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively (both verbally and written) with Confidential Board of Directors and members to improve overall monthly operational activities
- Prepare, develop, assemble and publish Confidential annual directory publication.
- Solicit/survey to determine new group and activity organizational requirements.
- Document and publish results.
- Identify and document new requirements, update current member database processes and publish recommendation in Confidential By-Law format.
- Update database with approved changes.
- Research, identify and document fiscal year annual report statistics and organization s.
Confidential, Tallahassee, Fl
Environment: SQL Server/.NET, AGILE, Rational Unified Process (Requisite, Rose), Microsoft Project, MDM, Visio Professional, ER Studio, Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Where needed, conducted JAD sessions with stakeholders and end users. Create and coordinate use case information in preparation for an ERAS RFQ. Prepare high-level presentations for senior management.
- Created enterprise logical entity relationship diagrams and associated data definition dictionary.
- Created data flow and business process flow diagrams. Develop proposed project analysis methodology and deliverables.
- Assist with Request for Quote (RFQ) and Statement of Work (SOW) development.
- Developed a proposed personnel data warehouse design roadmap.
- Developed UAT Test Plans, Test Cases and Checklists.
- Developed Change Management and Project Staff Roles and Responsibilities document with a corresponding Assigned Resources Matrix for review and approval by Senior Management.
Confidential, Tallahassee, Fl
Lead Business Systems/Data Analyst
Environment: Oracle9i, SQL Server/.NET, AGILE, MDM, Rational Unified Process (Requisite, Rose), OnBase Document Management System (DMS), LicenseEase, Microsoft Project, Visio Professional, Adobe Acrobat Professional, IV&V, UAT
- Working side by side with Project Sponsor, provided assistance with competitive procurement processes, Change Management, COTS Product evaluation and statement of work development.
- Conducted inventory analysis of forms and supporting documents received and stored by the Department.
- Led all project team efforts for MDM, metadata, data marts, requirements analysis, logical/physical data modeling, and data flow diagramming and modeling software tools.
- Identified project stakeholders and user classes. Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, technical specifications, competitive product analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Decomposed high-level document and user requirements into suitable OnBase Functional Design Documents (FDDs) for each Profession’s Board and/or Committee (there are 19 Board Offices).
- Developed proposed enterprise data warehousing architecture for Data Center migration.
- Task responsibilities included logical, dimensional, physical data modeling, source-to-target mappings, OLAP requirement definition, data extraction and transform procedures, data consolidation, report tool development, and web-based user interface design.
- Led requirements discovery, analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements were complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable and conform to standards.
- Defined system quality parameters, external interfaces, performance measurements/constraints and other non-functional requirements.
- Participated in Automated Board Agenda prioritization.
- Provided back-up project management support.
- Reduced maintenance cost via IV&V and standardized UAT discipline.
- Developed UAT Test Plans, Test Cases and Checklists. Participate and assist with Quality Assurance (Q/A) and User Acceptance Testing with Board Offices.
- Ran Production Remedy Reports for Senior Management. Identify new change management reporting requirements and oversee production implementation.
- Participated in peer reviews and document deliverable inspections. Manage DDMS requirements traceability matrix and track requirements status throughout the project lifecycle.
- Due to aggressive project schedule timeframe and budget constraints, delivered document management solutions to Board Offices that were on target, on time, on budget and met documented business system requirements.
Confidential, Tallahassee, Fl
Senior Data Analyst/Project Manager
Environment: Oracle9i/UNIX, SQL Server/.NET, RUP (Requisite, Rose), Microsoft Project, Visio Professional
- Performed a comprehensive study and gap analysis of internal (Department) and external systems for their ability to meet the proposed Department-wide enterprise LMS specifications.
- Identified and solicited LMS application solution information from other State Departments of Health.
- Developed a Risk Management Plan and Issues Log for tracking current project deliverable status.
- Developed proposed Enterprise Learning Management System Data Warehouse architecture.
- Created the proposed required LMS business process flow.
- Facilitated Advisory Committee JAR Sessions with project stakeholders.
- Determined data interface suitability based upon quality and timeliness.
- Created proposed and Data Model.
- Prepare proposed Enterprise Data Dictionary reporting solution.
- Developed required project artifacts and deliverables as follows:
- Proposed FDOH Learning Management System (LMS) Process Flow.
- Proposed FDOH LMS Process Flow Documentation which includes process description, process participants, sub processes and incoming/outgoing process details.
- Proposed FDOH LMS Functional Requirements Matrix
- Preliminary functional review assessment of existing FDOH LMS application solution.
- Findings Report which includes current data architecture, proposed data architecture and next project phase steps.
- Conducted a preliminary cost analysis comparison between the Department’s internal LMS and external LMS vendor product/service application solutions.
- Provided project management planning, projected timeline and status reporting support.
Confidential, Jacksonville, Fl
Project Mgmt Migration Manager
Environment: Oracle9i/ Designer, Teradata, Visio, Java and RUP (RequisitePro, Rose, Clear Quest/Case), IV&V, UAT
- Identified and documented all required business system processes and data flows.
- Created fully attributed NASCO data model.
- Provided project management plan and status reporting support.
- Identified missing documentation components within Requisite (business and system requirements).
- Conducted JAD sessions with IT staff, business users and executive management staff.
- Provided an unbiased assessment of product viability using IV&V methodology.
- Created requirements deliverables (charter, system vision and use case documents).
- Prepared test case scenarios and provided assistance with user acceptance testing and quality assurance effort.
Confidential, Tallahassee, Fl
Senior Data Architect/Project Manager
Environment: Oracle9i /Designer, SQL Server/.NET, J2EE, MDM, Metadata, Data Modeling, Microsoft Project, IV&V, Visio (Business Process Flows and Data Flow Diagrams)
- Facilitated and conducted Program Area requirements gathering sessions for new business system development and existing system modifications. Documented open issues for follow-up effort.
- Provided better visibility into project product development and reduced maintenance costs via standardized IV&V approach.
- Developed initial test cases and scenarios to assist with system acceptance testing deliverables. Assisted with the development of test cases, QA/QC and test plan crosswalk to Requirements.
- Developed and distributed executive management status reports.
- Identified and documented high-level business needs for the five identified Program Areas, specifically the TMDL Program, the Status and Trends Network Program, the Ground Water Protection Program, the Springs Initiative Program and Water Quality Standards/Special Projects. Produce a “Master” List of combined programs needs as a formal deliverable product.
- Identified and documented the program area requirements associated with the business needs. Identified data requirements and data quality standards. Mapped data to the entity relationship diagram (ERD).
- Developed proposed data warehouse architecture model.
- Provided business, technical analysis and contract management support to Program Areas, Information Technology Systems (ITS) and Business Information Systems (BIS).
- Coordinated and communicated with WID Project Sponsor regarding project plan tasks and estimates. When necessary, provided support for Project Sponsor priority ad-hoc requests.
- Scheduled and conducted interviews to collect and document business/data requirements for proposed WID architecture. This included source-to-target data maps for the proposed integrated ambient environmental repository.
- Acted as liaison between technical staff and business unit community.
- Created logical data model and data design specifications that formed the blueprint for the DEP’s primary repository of non-interpreted ground water, springs and surface water data.
- Prepared quality assurance checklist, test case scenarios and user acceptance testing plan.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Environment: Oracle8i, Teradata, J2EE, Business Objects, Web Intelligence, RUP (UML and Use Case development), OOA, Designer2000, CMM, System Architect, PeopleSoft7, Relational and Dimensional/ Star Schema Data Modeling
- Primary task responsibilities included project tracking and reporting, business/report data requirements gathering, logical, dimensional and physical data modeling, object-oriented analysis, RUP-related artifact (UML Models/Use Cases) development, legacy system source to target data warehouse data mapping, business process modeling, metadata definition, OLAP requirement definition, database scripting, report tool development, and DBMS design.
- Provided lead participation in the development of a Project Management Office Charter including initial staff roles and responsibilities, mission objectives, estimated timeline, executive sponsorship requirements and recommended pilot project.
- Specific metadata design and definitions focused on maximum deployment flexibility to team, departmental and enterprise resource communities.
- Participated in business strategy sessions and provided development, testing and implementation plan support.
- Additional responsibilities include Business Objects supervisory support, project management support, labor distribution data validation, reporting, end-user and shared dimension data definitions and business rules.