- IT professional with 30 plus years of broad - based, hands-on experience for improving IT departments.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams in planning, developing and implementing cutting edge IT solutions to address critical business needs.
- Experience places a strong emphasis on effective and functional IT solutions. Able to leverage technology to drive organizational growth and better performance, while acting as liaison for change across the organization.
- Developed and implemented strategic organizational-wide IT initiatives in alignment and support of the company’s core business functions and customers. Supervised, managed and completed multiple IT business projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- With a background in Business and Information Systems, I am able to build improved, more efficient information systems that are in line with organizational and business goals. Communicated effectively with all levels of users and customers.
- Converted technical and complex data into clear, concise and useful information which assisted management in their decision making process.
- Strategic thinker with excellent business sense, time management, communication, team building and problem solving skills. An effective leader, motivator, team player, mentor, collaborator, and visionary.
Confidential - Winston Salem, NC
- Ensured the health of a complex environment (database, operating system, security, network, tools etc) through a series of established metrics, operating procedures, and industry best practices while driving continuous improvement.
- Developed and maintained technical documentation (Server Blue Prints / DR Plan / FTPC).
- Developed and implemented Acronis Backup plan for six server environments, utilizing common enterprise on-line and backup archive storage terminology, topology, hardware
- Coordinated server activations for production, quality assurance, and development environments.
- Conducted incident management & root cause analysis investigations.
- Managed & coordinated system maintenance and patching, database restores and other server environment work as needed.
- Worked with management to develop a Center of Excellence help desk focused on application support.
- Performed long term archiving functions.
- Participated in monitoring and managing server alerts and notifications.
- Function as part of helpdesk support for FTPC & MES application.
- Worked with local and international team members and vendors to resolve application issues in a timely manner.
- On-call and on-site IT support, as required, for customers.
- Developed and ran SQL scripts for Database maintenance
- Server and application patch management
Confidential - Durham, NC
Information Technology Manager
- Worked with managers to develop transition and training programs to migrate the company from film to digital technology utilizing MS Office, MS Project suites following the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Created/Setup/Managed daily operations of the Help Desk with 5 direct reports.
- Monitor daily service requests and incident queues.
- Developed/Defined/Implemented continuous improvement processes to Service Desk.
- Developed training and presentations for training utilizing MS Office Suite.
- Designed, implemented and tested software builds for Lenovo, Gateway, and Dell Laptops.
- Worked with Information Technology task group to design, support, and manage IT enterprise infrastructure based around service-oriented architecture. (SOA)
- Functioned as liaison between photographers, corporate office, users and software venders to identify and resolve application issues.
- Worked with the Web development task group to design company website
- Mobile device support - Managed the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy, setup, and configuration of mobile device for photographers and employees
- Assisted in the administration of both physical and virtual servers running Windows 2xxx Server operating system utilizing VMWare VSphere 5.
- Managed network switches, and storage areas such as SAN, NAS, DAS,
- Managed tape backup process utilizing Backup Exec.
- Administered MS Exchange and Active Directory servers, account and group setup, creation, suspension, and updating.
- Utilized Dell Case to perform software updates, hardware and asset inventory control, and application version control.
- Supported a mixed IT infrastructure environment of PC and Mac hardware running Windows Vista, 8, and OS X.
- Worked with management group to develop Business Intelligent (BI) process to massage meta- data in order to identify additional revenue and business opportunities.
- Administer scheduled releases of new hardware and software based upon priorities as identified by business requirements.
- Maintain current training program including training materials, supporting technology and requirements utilizing MS Office Suite.
- Gather functional and integration requirements for hardware and software utilized company-wide.
- Created Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return on Investment (ROI) documentation for Executive Management.
- Conducted presentations and updates to stakeholders providing technical project information.
- Mentor / provided technical assistance to team members.
- Managed Service Level Agreements (SLA) and ensured compliance for hardware and software.
- Functioned as software tester and researcher to ensure new products met stated company policies and goals.
- Responsible for Life-Cycle management of end-user devices, including developing and maintaining replacement and rollout plans, and disposal of obsolete equipment.
- Setup, configured & debugged Mac and Windows Computer
- Browser-based application for helpdesk ticketing and computer management
- QA Testing of new and application updates
- Patch management for desktop, laptops and Servers
- Installation & Configuration of PC / laptop hardware and software
- Developed and implemented Virginia Operational Information System. A web-based statewide system designed to collect and disseminate information on road conditions, construction projects, weather and natural disasters utilizing Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Scheduled and lead regular committee meeting to update management and to review system requirements with stakeholders.
- Managed contracts assigned to VOIS project.
- Defined and prioritized test objectives, plans, and use case scenarios for VOIS project.
- Project Leader for VOIS with 15 direct reports along with statewide support.
- Provided comprehensive system support, configuration, maintenance, and training for the Virginia Operational Information System.
- Managed the daily operations for the Help Desk and Support Services with in the Emergency Operations Center.
- Identified/Mentored/Trained the support staff for the help desk.
- Conducted and participated in quality assurance procedures during the development of the Virginia Operational Information Systems following the SDLC.
- Aided in maintaining project and resource schedules utilizing MS Office suite.
- Managed partner relationships between developers, users, and stakeholders.
- Utilized Rapid Application Development (RAD) to meet the 6-month deadline in developing the Virginia Operational Information System.
- Developed and presented detailed presentations for the Emergency Operations Manager, Director, and Vendors regarding the status of the Virginia Operational Information System Project utilizing MS Power Point and VISO.
- Participated in development and evaluations of request for information (RFI) and request for proposals (RFP).
- Developed Outlook based forms utilizing Visual Basic for Applications.
- Developed MS Access Database for the Virginia Rest Area division.