Dedicated, knowledgeable Thought Leader in Big Data, Data Warehousing, and Business Intelligence. Proven track record creating and implementing powerful enterprise solutions for Fortune 500 companies. Excels at devising comprehensive strategic plans to support long - term business goals as well as immediate objectives. Fully understands how technology impacts the bottom line, and how effective data integration can improve business success.
Database Systems: Oracle, SQL/Server, Netezza, Sybase, Gemstone, DB2, Teradata, Hive
Programming Languages: Java, Smalltalk, C, C++, COBOL, Visual Basic, Scala, Python
Programming Tools: DataStage, Informatica, DTS, SSIS
Query Tools: Cognos, Business Objects, Microstrategy, SAS, Tableau
Modeling Tools: ERWin, ER Studio, Rational Rose, UML
Operating Systems: Spark, Hadoop, Windows, HP/UX, Solaris, AIX, Unix, MVS, VMS, RSTS, MCP
Middleware: Content Integrator, CICS, MQ Series, CORBA, EDA/SQL
Applications: Oracle ERP, SAP BW, SAP (SD, FA, APO, MD), Siebel, Manugistics, Ross Systems, Command Data, MSA
Other: TCP/IP, HTML, XML
Confidential, Evanston, IL
Big Data Architect
- Developed solution at one of the largest commercial Netezza installations containing worldwide retail sales data with a load volume of approximately 500,000,000 transaction lines per day.
- Reduced load times by 80% or more by constructing warehouse model, advising on load processes, and researching and specifying AMP product improvements.
- Brainstormed strategy to support localized data sets and analytic environments against the global data set.
- Recommended and implemented improved customer identification strategy for an international big-box retailer that eliminated information loss.
- Improved customer service by providing the ability to adjust marketing messages based on the level of certainty of customer identification.
- Company stock price has increased 85% in the years following implementation, in part due to increased customer satisfaction.
- Led integration of 8 third-party systems for a global beverage company’s on-line loyalty program, including mobile phone activity, geo-location, points redemption, and omni-channel marketing.
- Devised analytic solution to evaluate member engagement and campaign effectiveness for Fortune 100 website.
- Provided architectural guidance for a major data warehouse platform conversion from Sybase to Netezza at a major financial institution to better handle portfolio risk management.
- Conducted data warehouse assessments and strategized roadmaps for multiple Fortune 500 clients.
- Developed multi-system integration architecture to manage analytics for international warehouse retailer.
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Architected and designed comprehensive data warehouse solution for the facilities division.
Confidential, Rosemead, CA
IT Specialist - DW & BI
- Recommended best practices and standards as internal consultant to various departments.
- As Technical Lead over project teams, implemented data warehouse and business intelligence solutions using Teradata and Oracle.
- Delivered Business Objects solution to analyze and monitor work orders and projects.
- Implemented data mart and Business Objects solution for Corporate HR to conduct workforce planning.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Managing Consultant/Practice Lead
- Designed and led development of a divisional data warehouse in Sybase and Informatica for a global financial services firm’s derivatives business.
- Executed re-platform of OBIEE data warehouse from Oracle to Netezza for global materials company using OBIEE, Oracle, Netezza, and Informatica.
- Developed enterprise data warehouse utilizing SQL Server and SSIS for a global fruit company.
- Crafted reference data architecture and strategy for a major financial services firm.
- Coached and mentored technical staff.