- Over 6 years of IT experience in software development, designing and implementing with major focus on Business Intelligence tool, Data Warehousing, Database applications, Data modeling and ETL.
- 5 years ofexperience in Microstrategy product suites like Intelligence Server, Architect, Desktop, Web, Report Services, Dashboards with versions 9.x/8.x/7.x.
- Interacted and involved with Business users to gather requirements and support them with Business Intelligence solutions and products.
- Experience working with data modelers to translate business rules/requirements into conceptual/logical/ dimensional models and worked with complex de-normalized and normalized data models.
- Good understanding of OLAP and ROLAP Star Schema modeling, Snowflake modeling, Fact, Lookup and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling.
- Experience in Schema design and creating Schema objects like Hierarchies, Attributes and Facts, Transformations using Star and Snowflake Schemas.
- Efficiently worked in creating complex reports in Microstrategy Desktop and Web user interfaces using features like Templates, Filters, Prompts and advanced Metrics.
- Designed Flash Dashboards which involves the new features like widgets and selectors.
- Good understanding of Administration tools like Object Manager, Schedule manager and Command Manager.
- Implemented Microstrategyon various operating systems likeWindows and UNIX.
- Good understanding in configuring VLDB properties to fine-tune reports.
- Proficient in data extraction and transformation (ETL), using Informatica.
- Exposure in dealing with variety of Relational Databases like Oracle, SQL server and DB2.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools like Word, Excel and Visio.
- Sound working knowledge of 2-Tier client/server architecture and 3-Tier architecture.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts and capable of working in-group as well as independently with excellent communication skills and with heavy user interaction.
- Business Intelligence/OLAP: MicroStrategy 9.x/8.x/7.x (MicroStrategy Desktop, MicroStrategy Architect, MicroStrategy Agent, MicroStrategy Web, MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server, Microsoft OLAP Manager, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, Microsoft Excel.
- Databases: Oracle 9i/8i/7i, MS SQL server 2005/2008, MS Access 2007, DB2 UDB
- Data Modeling: ERWIN Platinum 4.1.4, Enterprise Architecture, Microsoft VISIO
- Operating Systems :UNIX(HP UNIX, Sun Solaris, AIX),Windows 7/XP/2000/98/NT
- Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, JAVA Visual Basic 6.0/5.0, C.
- Others: HTML 4.0, DHTML, XML, MS Office, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Fireworks, Macromedia Flash.
MicroStrategy Certified Designer in V9
MicroStrategy Certified Developer in V9
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ Feb 2009 – Oct 2011
Role: MicroStrategy Consultant
- Worked with MicroStrategy Desktop to build Schema objects-Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies, Transformations and Relationships as a function of logical model.
- Identified facts and dimensions, created hierarchies, relationships to develop a logical model.
- Designed and developed physical (dimensional) data model using star/snow flake methodologies.
- Developed user-defined BI applications, projects against the business model stored in repository using MicroStrategy Architect.
- Developed Schema Objects (Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies and Transformations) using MicroStrategy Architect.
- Developed basic and user-specified Metrics (level, conditional, compound).
- Created Consolidations and Custom Groups as per the requirement.
- Used Microstrategy functions such as Apply Simple and Apply Comparison in metric calculations.
- Developed Filters (relationship, comparison) for complex reports.
- Created Transformations for time-series analyses and Prompts in customer tuned reports.
- Configured Very Large Database (VLDB) Properties at different levels (report, metric, project and database Instance).
- Created new user group and added new users to the group and assigned security privileges.
- Extensively used MicroStrategy Desktop and Web to enable users to run pre-defined sales and inventory reports, build their own customized reports and download information into Excel spreadsheets.
- Created drill maps for end users to drill down and recover data.
- Worked with Microstrategy Object Manager to move objects among the Development, Testing and Production environments.
- Created various Monthly Dynamic Dashboard documents for the decision makers withmultiple panel stacks, selectors and customized widgets.
- Implemented folder level security by creating security filters.
- Worked closely with ETL teams in case of any issues with the ETL loads.
- Worked along with MicroStrategy Knowledge Base to troubleshoot any Report related issues.
- Upgradation of Microstrategy 8.1 version to Microstrategy 9.0 by keeping a backup of metadata, established connection to it.
Environment: MicroStrategy Desktop 8.1/9.0, MicroStrategy Web, MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, SQL Server 2005, Erwin Data Modeler 4.5, Informatica 8.1,Windows XP, UNIX.
Confidential, North Charlotte, NC Mar 2008 – Feb 2009
Role: MicroStrategy Consultant
- Worked with multiple source systems to have comprehensive understanding of the data flow and interacted with the users to collect the Business requirements.
- Created documents for technical and business specifications based on requirements.
- Assisted in production support to fix issues.
- Built and maintained narrowcast services and setup narrowcast systems to enable automatic web based email scheduling and alerting.
- Involved in Design of dashboard work-flow and look-n-feel based on the requirements for Invoicing needs and Business analysis with many features like drill down capabilities and security implementation
- Configured MicroStrategy project and created schema objects.
- Created application objectsto generate ad-hoc reports usingMicroStrategy Desktop and Microstrategy Web.
- Created complex metrics with different level dimensionality, condition and transformations for user and business specific reporting needs.
- Extensively used Pass-through expressions to pass special functions
- Created reports using Intelligent Cubes.
- CreatedDocumentsinGrid and Graph mode by usingMicrostrategy Report services
- Developed Dashboards, Scorecards and operationalreports by usingReport services.
- Tuning the Microstrategy report (SQL VIEW) using TOAD.
- Used Microstrategy Narrowcast Server to distribute the reports to the users in different locations.
- Provided access to MicroStrategy Reports via MicroStrategy Excel 2007 using MicroStrategy Office.
- Demonstrated Microstrategy capabilities to higher management.
- Understood and worked within departmental standards and guidelines.
- Trained testing team to work on the microstrategy web to test the reports created and build reports to test the data loaded in the warehouse.
Environment: Microstrategy 8.1.2(Architect, Desktop, Report services, Dashboards, Enterprise Manager), Oracle 10g, Teradata V2R6.2., Informatica 8.5, TOAD, SQL Assistant, IBM DB2.
Confidential,Boston Jan 2007 – Mar 2008
Project: Hot campaign (Location based advertising)
Role: MicroStrategy Developer
- Participated in the end user meetings to obtain the business requirements for creating reports.
- Worked with the source systems to have a clear understanding and interacted with the users to collect the business requirements.
- Translated Business requirements into report specifications for the MicroStrategy platform.
- Architected and performed the report development for the MicroStrategy projectsby creating facts, attributes, hierarchies, reports, filters, metrics and templates using MicroStrategy Desktop to meet report requirements.
- For complex reporting needs, worked extensively on creating Metrics and Compound Metrics, Custom Groups and Consolidations.
- Created various reports for analyzing data in aspects such as pricing, finance, risk management, billing and for various other internal report.
- Designed Dashboards in summarizing key business indicators by presenting them in visually intuitive, easy-to-read, interactive documents using the new selectors like radio buttons, check boxes, panels, slider, button bar etc.
- Created interactive dashboards.
- Involved in writing scripts for Command Manager and run the scripts to archive them in files.
- Involved in requirement gatherings and Initial Implementation of MicroStrategy.
- Created transformations using transformations by tables for YTD (Year to date), and MTD (Month to date) for Time Series Analysis.
- Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy Web Reports, andoptimizing the SQL using the VLDB properties.
- Worked with MicroStrategy Knowledge Base to troubleshoot some Report related issues.
- Coordinated in moving the objects from Development to Production Environment in MicroStrategy by using Object Manager.
Environment: MicroStrategy 8.1.1/8.0 (Desktop, Web, Architect), Microstrategy Narrowcast Server, Informtica 8.1, Sql Server 2005, DB2, Windows 2003 Server.
Confidential,Richmond, VA Nov 2005 – Jan 2007
Role: MicroStrategy Developer
- Communicated with business for gathering information, designing, developing, administrating and maintaining MicroStrategy based reporting applications.
- Involved in performance enhancement and tuning of Microstrategy projects for better performance, accurate SQL and report.
- Generated and implemented Microstrategy Schema Objects and Application Objects by creating Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Reports, Filters, Metrics and Templates usingMicroStrategy Desktop and Architect.
- Creating corporate level Dashboards for senior level managers in Interactive modes using different kinds of Selectors.
- Worked extensively on creating Application Objects like Metrics, Filters, Custom Groups and Consolidations for complex reports.
- Created different Transformations to get the last year actual transactions, week-to-day, week-to-period, week-to-quarter, and week-to-year.
- Used various Security filter to restrict data from unauthorized users.
- Created Dashboards to present critical company data in a single report.
- Replaced lookups in mappings with join conditions.
Environment: Microstrategy Desktop 8.0.2, Microstrategy Architect 8.0.2, Microstrategy Intelligence Server 8.0.2, Microstrategy Web 8.0.2, Erwin 7, SQL Server2005, MS Office, Windows XP.