- B2C, B2B and Omnichannel Digital Commerce Subject Matter Expert with over 20 years of internet, eCommerce, product management, outsourcing, vendor management, social media and direct marketing experience in retail, consumer electronics, CPG, manufacturing and financial services sectors.
- Leadership roles in successful planning and execution of business and technical initiatives, and in launching or re - launching over 10 high-volume commerce sites.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies. In-depth understanding of usability and experience design.
- Extensive experience interacting with and influencing senior management. Successful and highly experienced in cross-functional collaboration.
- Expert in building organizational capabilities, implementing and managing change, and optimizing use of in-house, outsourced and offshore resources.
- Led development of business and IT eCommerce business processes at global electronics and retail companies.
- Omnichannel B2C and B2B eCommerce PCI and PII Compliance
- Project & Program Management Customer Experience Design
- After-Sales Customer Support Customer Experience Management
- Vendor Management Contract Negotiation
- Offshore Team Leadership Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)/Waterfall Strategic Outsourcing
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior Business Consultant
- Specializing in native cloud-based Omnichannel Commerce, CRM and Marketing Services; including enterprise transformation as part of corporate divestiture; planning, functional requirements and design; conversion from legacy platforms to NetSuite’s SuiteCommerce Advanced platform. Ongoing interaction with client and Confidential executives.
eCommerce Lead Consultant
- Consulting services in support of major B2C and B2B eCommerce initiatives, including: business systems planning; roadmaps; solution architecture; functional design; UI/UX and strategic planning.
- Planned and facilitated workshops with clients to identify business requirements, process flows, rules, constraints, etc.; documented issues and risks, and presented to clients.
- Assessed current and future business needs and end-to-end capabilities; published findings, gaps and recommendations. Assessments included technology platforms, content management, operations and business processes, mobile strategies, and positioning for future business growth.
eCommerce Consultant, Subject Matter Expert
- Consulting services in support of major B2C and B2B eCommerce initiatives, including: strategic planning; business systems planning; roadmaps; solution architecture; functional design; UI/UX.
- Additional services in support of outsourcing major bank systems and processes to major global outsourcing vendors. Managed end-to-end vendor selection processes.
- Assessed current business needs, current capabilities, and future goals; published findings, gaps and recommendations.
- Led planning initiatives, including RFP and SOW creation, vendor selection criteria, researching and recommending RFP participants, evaluating proposals and making business recommendations.
- Technology platform evaluations (Hybris, Demandware, others); operations capabilities evaluations.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Responsible for major SonyStyle.com eCommerce systems initiatives including: scope and requirements definition, estimation and scheduling, design, development, testing and deployment, vendor agreements, financials.
- Vendor selection and staffing; program management across Sony globally.
- Managed a team of outsourced onshore and offshore resources. Produced estimates, statements of work, project plans, reporting, and other key project artifacts.
- Point of contact for eCommerce Business Stakeholders and Senior Management; Project Management Office; Finance; Operations; Customer Service and Marketing. Managed external vendors. Consistently delivered on-time, within scope, and on-budget results. Led Western Hemisphere eCommerce global transformation initiatives.
- Managed project teams of up to 60 people and $3M budgets; projects delivered on time and on budget.
- Accomplished highly successful launch of Canadian eCommerce site on US SonyStyle.com platform; as part of this initiative, developed process and design model for subsequent global e-store deployments.
- Managed overall redesign of Sonystyle.com user experience, notably including Endeca search engine technology, IBM Websphere Commerce, and new payment methods (PayPal, instant financing, additional credit card options), as well as shopping engines and internet marketplaces.
- Implemented secure systems development methodology for eCommerce systems development projects.
- Managed major platform technology upgrade, meeting critical business scheduling objective.
- Collaborated extensively with systems (US), business (US) and corporate/global (Japan) PMOs; incorporated global digital asset management system (Stibo) into US and Canadian eStores.
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
Manager, Web, CRM and Customer Service Applications & Epson.com
- Responsible for all internet systems. Planning, design and development of B2C and B2B eCommerce websites, customer relationship management systems, and customer service and support systems for product sales, customer service, telesales, product information and reseller/servicer support.
- Supervised staff of project leaders, systems analysts, architects and application developers.
- Negotiated contracts for software and consulting services. Leader of overall Seiko-Epson global transformation into eBusiness.
- Implemented overall eCommerce architecture, including e-store, customer relationship management, and database marketing aspects.
- Launched B2C retail site (epson.com), B2B reseller site (epsoninsider.com), Epson Canada website (epson.ca), Epson PhotoCenter (photo.epson.com) and numerous micro-sites.
- Accomplished systems and operations expansion to support Epson.com sales growth from $40M (2004) to $100M (2006).
- Launched Customer Service site (support.epson.com), resulting in significantly improved self-service capabilities and producing $500K annual saving.
- Launched Epiphany-based Customer Relationship Management.
- Payment Card Industry (PCI), Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and SOX compliance.
- Created offshore applications development team in Toronto; generating $600K/year annual savings while enhancing development and quality assurance capabilities.
- Formally recognized by executive management for significant, measurable improvements in IT project management capabilities accomplished through mentoring and establishment of best practices.
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA
Director, Marketing & Financial Systems
- Responsible for strategic planning and implementation for enterprise Marketing, Decision Support, Payment and Accounting systems. Staff of 40 project leaders, business analysts, application developers, data modelers and technical writers. Negotiated vendor agreements for software and consulting contracts.
- Planned and implemented enterprise-wide Customer Relationship Management system including: site usage, purchaser behavior, data mining, and other analytic capabilities.
- Website personalization using individual preferences and cluster analyses.
- Implemented Database Marketing capability, including design, list generation, and response tracking.
- Developed and expanded funds capture, fraud management and stored value functions.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
Director, Marketing Performance & Information
- Designed and implemented fully integrated campaign management process including list management, response tracking and analysis to support a direct marketing channel for new business acquisition and customer retention.
- Business team leader of enterprise customer data warehouse initiative; led design and prototype efforts:
- Led large cross-functional project team representing customer management, new business acquisition, market research, call center, fulfillment, operations and systems organizations.
- Managed departmental information technology budget ($1M).
Confidential, New York, NY
Manager, Fulfillment Systems & Technology
- Responsible for outsourcing, integrating and managing systems and operations required to support 40 direct marketing/catalog initiatives per year across nine major brands in rapidly growing environment. Negotiated technology contracts.
- Established systems processing capabilities of 5M orders per year. Staff of 12.
- Outsourced major order entry, fulfillment, and customer service functions; including vendor selection, engagement, migration, steady-state, and ongoing production management.
- Project Management Office implementation and training.