- Confidential IT Business Analyst working with cross - functional teams in the definition of information system requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, reporting and assurance in pharmaceutical, energy and banking industries; the specification of strategic IT solutions, methodologies and industry standards, and the formulation of systems development guidelines and corporate governance.
- Well versed with NIST’s risk management framework (RMF), SOX/Dodd-Frank, regulatory compliance, GDPR classification, EHS OSHA/EPA programs, data integration, operational support, quality control, data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL), master data governance (MDG) and software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies applying industry benchmarks, and utilizing various IT frameworks and tools to achieve results within reasonable time and cost. In addition, the implementation of multi-terabytes Operational Data Stores (ODS) utilizing Oracle/SAP BW and very large Enterprise Data Warehouses (EDW) used for business analysis, dashboards development and visualization reporting.
- Led the implementation and upgrade of Endur v9r2 to v15r2 of Natural gas and Power in trading, logistics, confirmation, settlement, and accounting system.
- Hands-on experience in implementing trading, scheduling, confirmations, settlements and accounting modules of Confidential Endur trading system for oil and gas producers, trading and marketing companies.
- Led implementation of NG, PWR, NGL, LNG, Refined Products, and Coal projects in trading, logistics, confirmations, settlements, and accounting modules.
- Used agile and scrum methodologies to formulate design and development of products trading and supply systems interface error data warehouse-BERD (Blueprint Error Resolution Database). BERD improved client’s data entry and retrieval efficiency to nearly 100%, up from 65% in the legacy system.
Business Analyst / Consultant
- Engaged in business process redesign of an integrated management of core business processes in oil, gas, and power trading, marketing and supply, in an effort to improve security, data privacy and performance to achieving greater decision-making capabilities in sales, supplies, accounting, change management, forecasting and optimization of products and crude supplies.
- Collaborated with onshore and offshore IT teams to translate functional specifications to technical requirements in order to accommodate AP/AR system growth.
- Assessed current settlement practices and proposed changes to handle future growth in AP/AR, PPA invoicing on a single invoice, improving month-end settlement processes and invoice reporting by presenting a single view of current and prior period adjustments.
- Created test case/test scripts to perform functional and non-functional test of the newly configured system.
- Used technical skills in SQL to query the database to produce monthly accounting reports, as well as to troubleshoot application issues.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Solutions Delivery Lead / Business Analyst
- Collaborated with product owners to gather and prepare functional specification documentation based on requirements gathered to improve crude and gas scheduling, confirmations, settlements and accounting modules of Confidential Endur trading system which simultaneously improved productivity, reduced cost of ownership and increased profitability.
- Engaged in data extraction, loading and transformation from source systems to target system in order to improve master data consistencies in Meta data governance throughout the enterprise.
- Managed upgrade of Endur v9r2 to v14r3 and v9r2 to v15r2 in order to improve PWR, NG and Refined Products business processing, especially in deal valuation, nominations, logistics, settlements and accounting.
- Performed data modeling using Informatica Powercenter to prepare for data staging before transformation into the enterprise data warehouse used for building analytical reports for upper management to make appropriate decisions.
- Used scrum framework to formulate design and development of products trading and supply systems interface error data warehouse-BERD (Blueprint Error Resolution Database). BERD improved client’s data entry and retrieval efficiency to nearly 100%, up from 65% in the legacy system.
- Iteratively conducted workshops for business requirements, PII/GDPR classification, gathering processes for data integration, data analytics using SQL and information delivery solutions reducing cost by 35% and cutting development time by nearly a quarter of the determined finished date.
- Liaised with technical implementation teams to ensure business requirements were achieved so that trading, scheduling and settlement activities provided incremental value through system optimization.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Business Process Analyst
- Led implementation and upgrade of Endur v8r2 to v12r3 of crude oil, natural gas (NG) and power (PWR) trading, logistics, confirmation, settlement, and accounting system which helped increased overall physical and financial trading, scheduling and settlement process at month end by nearly 100%.
- Performed business impact analysis of marketing, trading and supply systems, then implemented an efficient scheduling and dispatch of crude oil and products.
- Conducted workshops in documenting functional as-is to to-be requirements for implementing physical and financial gas, crude, power and natural gas liquids trading and scheduling system, business processes modeling, conducted QA/QC, UAT, trained users, and designed various reports, such as, AP/AR Aging report to improve collection of past due invoices, an increase in 35% collection rate per reports from the previous years.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Provided assistance in implementing Dodd-Frank regulatory compliance and internal controls to mitigate enterprise risk by utilizing industry benchmarks.
- Collaborated with trade surveillance vendors to provide industry regulatory compliance best practices to ensure timely and consistent communications of trade data to trade analysts in order to prevent market manipulation and abuse which could create potential fines and unnecessary negative publicity to the business.
- Performed RFIs/RFPs in system selections and made recommendations to senior management and then provided systems implementation post selection.
- Participated in preparing security assessment report (SAR), plan of action and milestones (POA&M) and system security plan (SSP) in order for senior management to make appropriate system security decision.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Chaired requirements gathering workshop, wrote design document, configured the system, tested and trained contracts and settlements analyst on how to efficiently utilize Endur trading application to improve confirmation and invoicing, AP/AR improved settlement efficiency by nearly 100%.
- Worked with Client’s IT, contracts, settlements, and accounting groups to invoice transactions based on the entire deal.
- Provided improved productivity by 95% and over 90% savings in time and effort relative to the legacy system.
- Wrote SQL statements to query the database and exported to Excel file to produce pivoted reports in order to analyze trends.
- Implemented and trained users of NG, PWR, NGL, LNG, Refined Products, and Coal projects in trading, logistics, confirmations, settlements, and accounting modules for large and midsize oil and gas trading and marketing companies.
- Optimized solutions use of the system by reducing data entry and reporting errors by nearly 100%.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Collaborated with business SMEs to document requirements and in turn translated functional requirements to technical specification to align business needs with technical solutions. The solution improved data entry and reporting capability compared to legacy system.
- Leveraged technical skills in SQL and PL/SQL enabled troubleshooting of incidents, and problem management standards. The solution improved productivity above 90% and reporting capability by nearly 100% compared to 85% in the past.
- Analyzed and modeled business processes, assembled analyzed business requirements and performed disaster recovery planning. In addition, assessed and performed fit/gab analysis to align business needs with IT solutions utilizing ITIL framework and SDLC methodologies, modeling techniques and tools to move materials to right locations at lowest possible cost, safely and incident-free.
- Participated in data extraction, loading and transformation from source systems to target system in order to build a data warehouse data mart and to provide a consistent Master data governance architecture throughout the enterprise for appropriate reporting and dashboard development.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Senior Systems Architect
- Managed analysis, design, development, deployment and maintenance of a Document Correspondence Database for the United States Department of Defense at the Pentagon. This involved logical and physical data modeling techniques using Army Standards and Metadata Management.
- Oversaw Headquarter Department of the Army Tracking System (HQDA TS) project portfolio to ensure timely delivery, and overall end-user satisfaction.
- Led project risk assessments, provided system categorization assessment assurance and direction to project steering committee.
- Developed project key metrics, identified and managed project dependencies, and ensured conformance to SDLC and ITIL frameworks. In addition, provided technical leadership and professional coaching to developers and interns.
- Led information system audits, analyzed general IT processes and controls, which included planning and development for audit testing and evaluation, validation, quality assurance, accreditation, and acceptance.
- Collaborated with project team and product owners in maintaining data integrity, quality assurance and data definition, consistent with Army’s data definition and security standard.
- Developed batch programs using PL/SQL as well as ORACLE packages to load data into the database.
- Changed existing PL/SQL programs and developed new programs to reflect new business rules.
- Prepared documents, database design, technical documents, and mentored team members.