Information Systems/Technology Professional with 15+ years analyzing, designing, testing, implementing, and managing software applications for academic, manufacturing and finance industries. Flexible, problem solver, team player, plan and manage time efficiently. Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service focused, humorous, results oriented. Make reliable progress on complex assignments with positive attitude.
Programming Languages: RPG/400, CL/400, SQL/400, RPGIII, RPGIV, RPG ILE, RPG Free, CL ILE on IBM iSeries OS/400 and IBM i operating system. Visual Basic on Windows Operating system.
Database: DB2, SQL Server, Microsoft Access
Tools: RDi, RDp, ALDON LMi,TOTAL/400, Query/400,Query Manager, DBU, RLU,SEU, PDM, ALDON Change management, DDL/DDS file design, iSeries Operational Navigator, SYNON 2/e, PATHFINDER,TL Ashford Barcode Labeling, Formsprint, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Outlook, Erwin/ERX, Microsoft Office, VPN, FTP Human grids, HP Service Manager, Service - now, Control-M, Remote Desktop.
ERP: DMS,MOVEX (Lawson M3), BPCS, TIM, MAPICS
Business Systems Programmer/Analyst
Confidential, Merrimack, NH
- Perform functional analysis for major projects supporting several corporate initiatives for as400 retirement task.
- Working with cross-functional teams to provide compliance application support to the trading application.
- Develop and maintain support documentation for on-call applications; overview procedures and build/install processes along with daily hand-over call updates to off-shore team.
- Designed and developed upstream feeds data validation processes and scheduled jobs on nightly cycles.
- Participate on 24X7 on-call rotation to support major trading applications.
Confidential, Contoocook, NH
- Implementation and support of technically sophisticated distribution solutions in a multi-system environment.
- Actively involved in Power 7 conversion project from V5R3 (AS400) to V7R1(IBM i).
- Communication and interaction with multiple departments and customers to assure development of business requirements.
- Provided all aspects of software support for existing systems as well as customer training.
- Development of technical specifications and documentation.
- Provided complete environment refresh from production to test using IBM backup and restore capabilities.
- Contributes and supports development of programming standards and procedures.
Application Support Engineer
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Designed solutions to business problems by working with QA Team and business users and provided comprehensive support to existing applications which included weekend fund conversion / merger activities quick service request, short-term and long term projects.
- Prepared install documents for application to be transferred from development system to production systems.
- Supported Cross-Platform Trading System “Latent Zero” interfacing to iSeries (AS/400) via store procedure.
- Shared knowledge to team members on self developed technical expertise by arranging DEMO presentations.
- Provided Investment Compliance comprehensive on-call support 24 X 7 on rotation basis.
Business Systems Programmer/Analyst
Confidential, Groveland, MA
- Researching of new iSeries specific tools for systems development and turnkey solutions, providing end user training, and providing day to day user support for manufacturing and distributing purposes were essential portions of my work tasks.
- Actively involved on MOVEX Conversion Version 10.6 to 12.5 using MOVEX - APIs.
- Provided MOVEX help desk support to international users on rotation basis.
- Apart of iSeries projects, created Visual Basic 6.0 “AS400 Request Form” project, as additional skill sets to have.
- Supported ERP TIM (Textile Integrated Manufacturing) which included new development and customization on Menu driven system.
- Trained the system programmers of client about the handling of the system like backup, recovery, cleanup, Power-on and Power-down schedule with time interval as well as with software development strategies .