- An experienced Information Management professional, with extensive exposure to the Upstream Oil and Gas industry in a global blue - chip oil major.
- Independent consultant and business owner for 18 years, with focus on engineering information for offshore production facilities.
- Highly experienced in Information and Records management, Business Process analysis, solution design, development and delivery for Capital Projects and Operations, including Engineering, Maintenance, Production, Procurement, HSE, Commercial and Corporate requirements.
- Known for successful delivery with a track record of energy, perseverance, and integrity.
Technical Skills include: MS Office, SharePoint, Documentum, SPF (SmartPlant Foundation), Walkinside 3D Viewer.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Working knowledge of Confidential and Confidential information handover specifications.
- Enabling fast access to current accurate documentation needed for safe operation.
- Consultant to telecoms engineering company for migration of engineering content into SharePoint.
- Researched Oil and Gas opportunities using Blockchain technology.
- Contributed to White Paper on ECM and ALIM.
Information Management Consultant
- Role encompassed promotion of governance, strategy and solution to senior managers and user communities across all of Confidential Upstream, and analysis/design to ensure compliance with company’s quality management system and good practices.
- Significant evaluation and design input was needed to deliver a standard solution to satisfy both corporate information/records policies and local needs, to develop common processes for managing engineering documents during concurrent engineering changes, and to deliver effective search/retrieval methodology.
- Also led the QA testing and, developed ETL controls, and managed global business priorities for enhanced functionality.
- Provided SME and QA services for migration of SharePoint 2010 sites to Microsoft Azure 'cloud' service.
- This included resolution of process and migration issues at each site, identifying performance issues and changes between the products, and educating users on the impact, including work with Microsoft experts on mitigation of search engine changes.
- The SME role was instrumental in successfully integrating requirements analysis, business processes, ETL data migration quality, change management and to satisfy corporate information requirements and ensure quality information for operation, maintenance, engineering, and wells teams would be structured and readily available for safe and efficient operation across sites world-wide.
Information Management Team Lead
Confidential, Houston TX
- working with Regulatory team on processes for compliance with new Confidential Safety and Environmental information/records regulations across operations, maintenance, wells and safety teams.
- Approach encompassed continuous improvements of processes, and implementation of a ‘portal’ with links to regulatory information and records across multiple applications including process safety, engineering, asset and work management, corrosion monitoring, and safety reporting. managing a team of 12 IM specialists responsible for timely update and availability of key documentation for safe and efficient operation, in compliance with corporate QMS and records retention policy.
- The team also updated equipment tag data used across plant operations, engineering and maintenance applications to ensure significant reduction in time to find relevant documents for equipment tags.
- Developed document and records management procedures for all Confidential facilities.
- Guided the adoption of a PC based 3D Model viewer which delivered significant efficiencies offshore and onshore.
- Assisted with planning of engineering information management hub for next Capital Project, including contract and vendor requirements. managed the implementation of document management systems for 4 brownfield Confidential Operations facilities.
- Worked on a cross-discipline Business Process Design approach for operations ‘management of change’ and was responsible for the design and development of procedures to ensure timely and accurate update of engineering documents, drawings and data.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- provided project management services including planning, scheduling, budget control and reporting for $100M global project for LAN upgrades at over 100 Confidential office and refinery sites, to ensure improved integrity of communications whilst minimizing operation disruption.
Senior IT Consultant
- Worked with a cross-discipline team to define the requirements for a prize-winning ‘competency management’ system to assure the competence and of offshore operations and maintenance personnel.
- Identified opportunities for ‘virtual teams’, and researched new technology for knowledge transfer.
- Upstream representative on first Confidential enterprise-wide supplier ‘data warehouse’