- Experienced Techno - Functional Data strategist with 11 years of industry experience, leading cross-functional teams in the design and development of Data Acquisition Systems, Business Intelligence and Analytics systems from the ground up, demonstrating leadership in managing projects through their full life-cycle.
- Driving business performance and executive decision effectiveness by leading efficient transformation of business data management, analytics, accuracy and reliability.
- Experienced in architecting multi-tenant Enterprise Data Warehouse Systems with integrations from varied source systems, including SAP ECC, SAP BW/BO, Siebel, Retailers and Distribution Partners, Third party providers and operational vendors. Plan and execute enterprise level Business Objects version upgrades.
- Migration of Business Objects application infrastructure to cloud (AWS Cloud)
- Strong leadership, analysis and problem solving skills, consistently bringing diverse groups to consensus on business requirements. Experienced in conducting engaging meetings, encouraging open discussions and allowing diverse opinions to be voiced, turning conflicts into collaborations.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to interface successfully with technical and business teams, collaborating with stakeholders at all levels of management.
- Experienced in managing and mobilizing teams of technical specialists and technical architects.
- Partnering with Executive management and Business process owners to develop business process improvement solutions and prioritization.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Cloud Integration
- IT Service Delivery
- Data Profiling
- Advanced SQL and Data Mining
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Team Management
Primary Technologies: BI 4.1/4.2, Tableau Desktop, SAP Lumira, BI 4.x Server Management, SQL, PL/SQL, BI 4.1/4.2 Cloud integration and migration and upgrade
Secondary Technologies: Python(In ), SQL Server, Teradata 14/13.x, Oracle, QlilkView 10/11, Xcelcius, Informatica, Sherlock for SAP BusinessObjects (Eva Technologies), AWS Cloud
Operating Systems: Windows Server / Linux
Tools: Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, Word
ConfidentialLead Business Intelligence Analyst
- Technical project lead for reporting solution which reduced processing of monthly departmental reports from several days during the month end run to less than two days, and added additional reporting capabilities.
- Successfully migrated ODS Business Objects application to Amazon cloud
- SAP LUMIRA based Dashboards on top of redshift data base for physical supply chain reporting
- Architect for BI Reports and implementation used for companywide forecasting and budgeting Royalties domestic department
- Providing development support for BI system with over 300 users and more than 2,300 reports to enable business users to meet their functional operational objectives using large enterprise data warehouse and other data sources.
- Developing high-visibility and high-priority Interactive Reporting dashboard solution for operations reporting resulting in meeting operational reporting needs, providing daily tracking of revenue, cost of goods sold, operating expenses, gross margin and inventory values / volume.
- Mentoring team members to increase their proficiency in using unfamiliar technologies.
- Subject matter expert (SME) for SAP BI, including server setup, universe design; technical SME for reporting user .
- Currently working on an estimation project to estimate the effort to migrate the whole SAP BO landscape to TABLEAU.
- Successful completion of a POC to validate BI server performance on premises vs cloud
- Working towards moving the BI development efforts into Agile framework.
- Supporting business users in all kinds of issues pertaining to BI in terms of software support, object mapping, requirement gathering, application .
- Direct and support the department project teams in the use of the selected tools and architectures, providing continuity and consistency across projects.
Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
- Reporting directly to the VP of Data Management and Analytics for WB Technology Solutions, created a culture of service excellence, delivering all commitments on time and under budget, through detailed planning and stewardship of customer data requirements.
- Ensuring adherence to business SLAs are met for data availability for reporting.
- Managing heightened support requirements for system and data availability during critical business operations - month/quarter/year end, flagship title releases, holiday sales etc.
- Performed in various roles - BO Security Architecture/Administration ownership, Data modeling, Data Profiling, Scrum Product Owner, Project Manager, Subject Matter Expert for Data Analytics, Reporting Specialist (BusinessObjects) and Worked on POC’s in Tableau desktop/ QlikView 11.
- Manage the testing strategy and detailed testing scenarios for projects going live (detailed documentation), creation of data flow diagrams for critical subject areas for MIS team for WB and prepare release documents for business users and MIS team of WB.
- Partnering with MIS executives, Infrastructure Competency Centers and Business Community of Practice for Capital project planning proposals, tool evaluations and project blue prints and estimates.
- Collaborating various application and infrastructure upgrades and associated planning and testing.
- Architect for the Business Objects environment design and setup (dev/test/stage/prod)
- Designed a vertically up BO server design for 24X7 uptime
- Includes installation of BO 4.0 on Linux / Stabilizing the new BO environment
- Server tuning
- Confidential Bros, Business Intelligence Competency center gained detailed information on how reports and report data are being utilized to determine what content is valuable and should be maintained as well as what content is no longer used and can be removed.
- My team gained the ability to perform complete impact analysis on report changes as well as receive a detailed understanding of how each report is constructed and deep insights into system stability and performance risks as well as scheduling utilization and error management utilizing automated daily activity reports.
- Business Objects Architect for the Sales Data Warehouse for DC Entertainment, the Studio’s Comics Division.
- The project involved sourcing point of sale information from distributions partners (like iTunes, Amazon, Google, Diamond, Random House etc), and building the data acquisition framework to homogenize and load the different file formats in a new Sales Data Warehouse. Sales Analytics reporting was built on top of the DW for facilitating various slice and dice and drill down analysis for the business.
- Outbound interface to deliver sales information to the Royalty Processing system was built to automate the upload process.
- Enabled auction reporting to source shipping auctions and bid data from Time Warner corporate bidding application.
- Auction data was delivered through XML files, which required defining a sturdy data model to enable the BO reporting needs of the business.
- The information helped capture metrics on system utilization and performance. Reports were developed to capture poorly performing queries and optimizing them for better performance.
- Worked on integration of the BI platform with SAP Enterprise portal. Modeling the security to restrict partners to view data associated to their products only.
- Migrated this application and recreated the same solution in Business Objects with a new universe and reports which replicated the functionality of the old system.
- Cross channel analytics, tracking metrics for Shipments and Point of Sale trending for Video, games and digital distribution, to compare forecast VS actuals.
- Customer and Product promotion profitability, to track the success of a promotion.
- Customer AR Aging summary.
- Inventory optimization reporting to reduce cost by liquidating slow moving inventory and reducing excess inventory holding cost.
- Sales Planning, forecasting at account and store level for new releases.
- Product Supply Status Report, providing an eagle eye view of inventory, sales orders and manufacturing orders.
ConfidentialLead Business Intelligence Analyst
- Interact with business users and project stake holders in planning content upgrade/migration using SDLC guidelines.
- Administer security management, content life cycle management, and BOE XI system stability and architecture on a huge cluster environment.
- Managed multiple version upgrade projects for Business Objects 6.x to 3.1
- Installed XIR2/XI3.1 on windows and Linux clustered environment using IIS TOMCAT web application servers.
- Horizontally/Vertically scaled the environment comprising 36 servers.
- Administered users and groups using LDAP authentication and monitor server activities using Auditor and legacy monitoring tools.
- Followed Business Objects best practices and methodologies in scaling and configuring the cluster environment. Evaluate system capacity to meet near- and long-term processing requirements.
- Solution architect for multiple projects across Confidential in Confidential and Confidential regions using onsite offshore development methods.
- Implement overall BI solution framework for end-to-end BI projects, in compliance with the corporate BI standards.
- Building and sizing of BO servers in a clustered environment.
- Assist in certifying Business Objects XI as part of making BO as corporate reporting tool.
- Sizing servers by performing Load Testing using Mercury LOADRUNNER before launching any application on the corporate portal.
- Create Xcelsius dashboards using various data providers like QAAWS, Live Office for executives to monitor the progress of the projects implementing ELC standards.
- Developed state of the art Xcelsius dashboards with Audit and server monitoring information.
- Constantly evaluate several BI tools and come up with best solution for the projects.
- Handle critical cases at Level 2 support. Work in shared services and offshore teams to meet the deadlines.
- Built SAP Business Objects XI3.1 clustered multi-environment infrastructure with SSO using LDAP authentication across Confidential \ Confidential \APAC regions.
- Designed XI3.1 enterprise security across various environments
- Enterprise Dashboarding solution design and implemented across SanDisk.
- Mobile solutions development using technologies like SAP Mobile.
- Integrate Enterprise Business Objects infrastructure with SAP ERP suite for reporting frontend.
- Created Report Templates for consistency in the look and feel of the reports
- Used SQL Loader to load flat files into oracle database and used PL/SQL stored procedures and functions to a format data for the end-user report requirements.
- Conversion of Cognos cubes in to business objects 3.1 universes and reports