- Integrated business goals, resource constraints, changes in technology, and regulatory constraints into efficient, secure, and scalable IT solutions.
- Applied problem solving skills across a range of businesses, ranging from resource scarce startups to mature companies with robust IT systems.
- Advanced diagnostic ability identifying system errors and quickly developing solutions
- Member of Senior management team, leading integration of new and existing technologies into business systems and business models.
- Managed a team of up to twelve software developers, Q/A analysts, project managers, and information security personnel.
- Directed third party vendors including managed service providers who supported hardware and network infrastructure.
- Routinely delivered presentations to the management regarding state of the systems, reviews of security, financial requirements, and potential hotspots.
- Lead developers through projects by developing system architecture designs, as well as producing documentation and demonstrative prototypes for reference
- Architected systems and trained developers on how to implement and modify the existing systems to the new interfaces
Advanced knowledge of: Azure, AWS, SQL Server, Deep expertise diagnosing system issues and creating solutions
Current technologies: C#, .NET, Java, Android SDK, T - SQL, PowerShell, Azure’s & AWS’s infrastructure support mechanics, e.g. Virtual Networks, Network Security Groups, Route Tables, Load Balancers, Storage, Application Gateways, VPNs, Network Interfaces, Recovery Service Vaults, Active Directory integration, etc.
Drector of IT/Chief Architect
- Architected and lead migration of high volume, HIPPA regulated data and systems from physical servers and infrastructure to Azure.
- Performed a comparative analysis of Azure vs AWS mimicking our current infrastructure. AWS seemed to be the better fit for our needs at first review, but detailed analysis of our data structure and workload demonstrated that Azure was by far the best performance option
- Responsible for management of SQL Servers both in physical servers and cloud implementation
- Implemented various redundancy technologies, including bi-directional replication, mirroring, log shipping and failover clusters
- As Azure did not provide a native SAN option, I developed one using multiple clustered servers which were accessed via SMB 3.0 over a Scale Out File Server and Storage Spaces Direct.
- Developed a system of automating the collection and analysis of database metrics to constantly monitor problems before they occurred.
- Lead development of Android based kiosk style application, the server API, and SQL Server.
- Taught apprentices in the IT department SQL Server material to achieve a level of competence to pass Microsoft certification exams
- SQL Server DBA
- Implemented replication, Windows Failover Clusters, managed security, automated backup, and disaster restory operations, real-time monitoring, resource governor, extensive tuning and remediation, replication, mirroring,
- Put controls in place to prevent new problem queries entering the system, and to instantly measure their impact once live
Technologies heavily used: C#, .NET, Java, Azure, AWS, SQL Server/T-SQL, PowerShell
Senior software developer
- Developed a fully functional accounting module to integrate into the main collection systems of a third-party call center system.
- Troubleshot and remediated system performance issues that arose due to customers frequently using underpowered hardware
- Developed an analysis to a remediate a system that was currently unusable at 400 users, that would be capable of running at an estimated 1,000
- Worked with CFO and CTO to define project scope, deliverables, documentation, and training
- Managed a team of six developers based in Bangladesh
- Lead project to deliver an automated reporting system
- Developed software to automate playing poker online
- Created work arounds for potential barriers created by authentication and security systems
- Developed custom playing strategies suitable to playing a complex game on period hardware/software, subject to short player response time limits
- Reverse engineered platform communication protocols to allow automated play
- Built a high-performance opponent modeling heuristic largely in assembler to directly orchestrate the cores of the first generation of hyperthreaded CPUs.
- Management of automated reporting system for Confidential
- Developed a series of technical indicators to predict monthly legal collections
- Regularly modified the systems to handle increase volume, product complexity, and reporting
Director of IT
- Architected systems to translate legacy formatting to modern implements and designed routing protocols
- Development of commercial and retail software designed to monitor a computer user’s activity
- Adapted solution for call center Q/A monitoring