IT/Management Consultant with extensive experience in strategic planning, project management/business analysis, business process re - engineering, organizational change management, and enterprise architecture development. Experience in a variety of business sectors including Financial Services, Healthcare, Federal and State Government, NGO, and Non-profit. Excellent business relationship management and vendor negotiation skills. Excellent communication skills.
- PeopleSoft HRMS and Financials (7.0 thru 9.2), Oracle Financials, Syteline ERP, and Epicor ERP/Financials
- Casewise, UML, IE, Popkin, ERWin, Sybase Power Designer, and Object-Oriented design and analysis
- Expert in Mac and Windows-based tools including (MS Office, Project, Visio, and Access)
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Project Manager/Business Analyst for the Bank’s upgrade of PeopleSoft FSCM from 9.1 to 9.2/PT 8.54. Successfully completed upgrade on Confidential and under budget. Worked with senior management team, PMO and ERP group on all Procure to Pay features (GL, AP, PO, AM, Inventory). Developed and managed project plan and overall implementation budget ($1M+). Provided day-to-day management of bank and consulting resources. Coordinated the bank team with outsourced “Upgrade Lab” partner. Ensured the project adhered to NFCU PMO standards and maintained project data in the PPM (HP Project and Portfolio Management). Lastly, worked with team on functional and SES issues, and managed testing/rollout of the final product.
- Project Manager/Business Analyst for the upgrade of the Fund’s PeopleSoft financial system, version 8.9 to 9.2 (GL, Payables, Purchasing, Asset Mgt, Inventory, Expenses). Worked with senior management team, finance, and IT, to develop RFP. Managed proposal submission and reviews, and final selection of upgrade partner. Developed and managed project plan and overall implementation budget ($2M+). Provided day-to-day management of internal and off-shore teams to retro-fit custom additions to the base product. Analyzed errors in product version and provided solutions. Worked with DBA and infrastructure team to design and implement the new technology infrastructure. Worked with end-users to plan/execute testing, training, and final product acceptance to Production status.
- Program Director for PeopleSoft re-implementation. Worked with CFO and CIO to identify issues in their current financial applications and recommended a course of action to improve data quality and business processes. Initiated a program to acquire additional PeopleSoft financials modules and re-implement PeopleSoft 9.1, Hyperion 220.127.116.11, and OBIEE. Developed business case to secure project funding. Reviewed and negotiated with vendor (Oracle) for product acquisition, consulting implementation services, and hosted solution support. Identified contract issues saving the Client $250K+ (one-time) and $40K+ annually. Led both efforts to implement PeopleSoft and Hyperion for parent and subsidiary organizations (projects ran concurrently), managed a team of 20+ client, contract, and off-shore resources and a budget of $2.5M. Worked with Oracle’s On Demand hosting service to migrate the application and ensure roles and responsibilities were identified and adopted between Oracle and the client. Product successfully implemented in 10 months and under budget.
- Responsible for the direction and management of the Corporate Information Systems department. Managed applications support, corporate data center & infrastructure, and call center/help desk support teams. Primary focus of the Corporate IS group was the on-going support, maintenance, and upgrades of the PeopleSoft HRMS and FSCM applications. Successfully transitioned the Corporate IS team from an outsourced support group to the current internal support group, including budget management, organizational development, process and procedure definition, and resource staffing. Reduced the overall cost of the department by $1.5M annually. Led major efforts to better understand and manage Franchisee information and the Sales pipeline.
- Program Manager/Business Analyst for the development of a new line of business. Worked with the senior management team and defined overall business process, approval workflow, and detailed business elements (product line, pricing matrix). Work with CFO and finance team to configure and implement a mid-tier ERP system ensuring financial compliance and auditability. In addition, lead application analysis and determined how to architect a standard manufacturing system to work in a de-manufacturing business. Successfully launched the business, processes, and supporting application on Confidential and on budget.
- Project/Operations lead for various initiatives to grow and improve the organization. Key successes included: Defined and established the PMO; Analyzed operations of the Business Transformation Call Center in Afghanistan and implemented changes to improve current support processes and technologies and developed a business and operational plan for overall expansion of the service offering; Implemented a B2B website to enable business transformation, also in Afghanistan; Project Manager for the company’s enterprise resilience platform, a tool providing a common front-end to implement dynamically changing rules-based drivers to custom and COTS products.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Project Manager and lead analyst
- Developed overall strategy plan to modernize their research/product development practice to support congressional funding by providing more “outcome” and not just “output.”
- The resulting strategy defined several sub-project to implement recommendations including; Analyzed and developed a strategic plan for the acquisition and management of a high performance computing center; Developed and implemented a Technology Transfer program which provided a roadmap for product development and support;
- Designed, developed, and implemented a research information tracking application for archive and retrieval of R&D materials;
- Designed, developed, and implemented a web-based permitting capability to allow citizens electronic access to request, pay for, and receive permits to use Confidential /FS resources.
- Department of Defense’s (DoD) Financial Management Modernization Program (FMMP); Lead Analyst for the development of the “Systems and Operational View” of the department’s Real Property subject area. Expanded the existing high-level enterprise design and creating a ‘deep dive’ view of the subject area. The models gave the DoD a tactical plan for addressing the technology needs of Real Property management. Reviewed the high-level architecture products, led facilitated work sessions with the client, and developed ‘drill down’ designs for the data, system and activity models. All product work adhered to C4ISR enterprise architecture definitions utilizing the Popkin System Architect tool.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Vice President of Operations
- Managed of office operations, real estate, and human resources. Defined all office operational processes, policies and procedures.
- Developed of company financial overviews for investors (current and potential). Prepared status reports for board of director meetings.
- Recruited and hired senior management and technology staff which moved the company from a team of 10 to an organization of over 60+ employees.
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Program Director New Financial Systems - PeopleSoft
- Program Manager of the worldwide re-engineering effort of Confidential Inc’s financial systems and processes.
- Led the global effort to consolidate Confidential and its subsidiaries onto a single financial system, utilizing a consistent chart of accounts.
- Managed a team of internal and consulting resources to redesign the chart of accounts, manage the change across all business units, and manage the configuration and implementation of PeopleSoft’s financial application.
- Prepared and managed project budget of $50M+, led vendor selection (product and implementation partner) and project planning, staffed and managed of the project team (50+), and prepared and presented status reports to all senior finance executives.
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Director of Information Technology
- Managed application development and support team for all business applications supporting corporate strategic objectives.
- Prepared and managed department budget, staff at both east and west coast operations, and managed all corporate applications.
- Developed cooperative relationships with other music label I/T groups under the WMG umbrella.
- Major projects included support and re-design of the financial royalties management system and the implementation of Oracle’s financials for use by Atlantic, Elektra and Rhino Records.