- Confidential has over 12 years of consulting experience in the IT industry in the design, development and implementation of Business Intelligence and Predictive Analytics solutions.
- He has been instrumental in architecting technology roadmap for many high visibility analytical and enterprise data warehousing projects and developing standards at his clients by assessing current trends and selecting appropriate technology solutions.
- Confidential is responsible for design, development and implementation of Business Intelligence solutions, and he supports clients in the Health Care, Gaming, Insurance, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Service industries.
- Along with his technical expertise he also possesses functional expertise in the above industries.
- In depth BI industry knowledge and strong cross - functional business processes knowledge; an end-to-end BI and analytics solution provider with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Functional expertise in H&G, Healthcare, and Insurance industries.
- Expertise in client interviews, requirements gathering, requirements analysis, solution, technology roadmap design.
- Seasoned designer and team lead with the ability to understand complex business scenarios and provide value added insightful solutions. Successfully managed small to medium sized teams at his client engagements.
- Provide technical guidance to sales team and help them in proposals, scoping and estimation.
- Expertise in IBM Cognos BI suite including data modeling, report development, installation, configuration, and administration. This includes authoring complex reports in Report Studio, Active Reports, MDX reporting, Statistics reports, Framework Manager Metadata modeling, Dynamic Cubes and Transformer Cubes, security architecture, distributed installation, etc.
- Expertise in star schema based relational and multidimensional data modeling for data marts.
- Expertise in ETL design & development of data marts using Microsoft SSIS, and SQL scripting; executed ETL involving Informatica and DataStage.
- Expertise in T-SQL and PL-SQL programming and query tuning.
- Experienced in data mart design, enterprise data warehouse design, application database design. Implemented many solutions in databases like SQL Server, Netezza, Oracle, and MySQL etc.
- Experienced in Microsoft SQL Server database tuning, query performance optimization, and database administration.
- Worked in Tableau, QlikView, Microsoft SSRS, SSAS etc.
- Worked in Python, R, and IBM SPSS.
- Well versed with Big Data technologies and data science and Machine Learning algorithms.
- Lead for gathering requirements, analysis of requirements, designing solutions, and providing technology roadmap and infrastructure for the enterprise analytic solution. Data modeler for the Finance and Procurement data marts.
- Responsible for modeling finance, marketing, and procurement data marts.
- Architected a solution to convert their Excel based financial reporting applications into a set of parameter based Cognos reports.
- This took out the 15 days of manual effort in creating and maintaining the Excel based reports.
- Provided cube based solution for spend analysis for procurement team.
- Optimized marketing team’s analytical reporting capabilities.
- Fine tuned Netezza database for query optimization and distribution.
- Brought down query run time from hours to seconds.
Reporting Solution Designer
- Requirements gathering and analysis of the QI dashboards.
- Responsible for the design and development of Cognos Active Reports dashboards for mobile offline consumption for the executives. These dashboards provide insights into the patient enrollment, and treatment quality indexes. Developed JSON based custom lightweight chart visualizations to meet the specific customer requirements.
- Successfully upgraded the existing Cognos environment to a distributed Cognos 10.2.2 environment and implemented an organizational role based security for the BI platform.
- Responsible for the design and development of CRM Cognos reports and integrated with a .Net application.
- Re-modeled their existing data marts for performance tuning that improved query run time from half an hour to seconds.
Technical Team Lead and Solution Designer
- Lead for client interviews, requirements gathering and analysis, solution design, data modeling, ETL design, and design reviews.
- Solution designer responsible for design and overall quality of Confidential BI solutions in different healthcare aspects.
- Labor efficiency, Patient surveys, Fluid management, Dialysis access, Field leadership etc.
- Lead and mentored team of different vendors and business users and was responsible for the project planning, estimation, and project management.
- Confidential tools and technologies used in this project are Netezza, Informatica, Cognos, Tableau, SQL Server, Oracle etc.
- Provided database optimization (partitions, query tuning, indexes, etc.) and data cleansing of their ODS and data marts in Oracle and implemented better solutions in Netezza.
- Data modeler for the data warehouse which is sourced from 4 applications.
- Designed and developed complete ETL using Microsoft SSIS and provided reporting and analysis solutions using SSRS and SSAS.
- Participated in client interviews, requirements gathering and analysis.
- Designed and developed the inventory data mart for the restaurant chain. Data mart was sourced from 3 different applications in POS, Inventory Management and Labor.
- Solution was developed using Microsoft SSIS.
Cognos Solution Architect
- Cognos solution designer and Data modeler for the reporting and analysis purposes internally and externally within Confidential, an insurance regulatory board.
- Implemented a data model capable of flexible data level security and involved in the installation, configuration and integration of distributed Cognos BI environment.
- Developed a set of complex reports and dashboards using Report Studio.
- Designed and developed Finance data mart for the executives.
- Solution was implemented using Cognos reports and Microsoft Analysis Services cubes and integrated the same with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Developed an audit reporting solution for maintaining the Cognos environment.
- Responsible for installing, configuring and integrating IBM SPSS tools like Modeler Server and Client, C&DS in CentOS and MySQL as backend.
Cognos Solution Developer
- Converted Confidential 's merchants reporting solution from Actuate to Cognos 10.
- Project was noted for its report performance, multi locale and multi time zone disparate source systems, complex business hierarchy logic etc.
- Lead and mentored the reporting development team and effectively managed the offshore-onsite model.
- Implemented content and data level security to their Cognos BI environment.
- Developed complex Active reports dashboards showing membership global KPIs to be used in mobile devices for the executives.
- Developed Statistics reports using the Cognos SPSS engine.